It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Pace Scorecard
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Scorehead wrote:
Langford had 65 yards & 1 TD in the first 6 games.

He has 370 yards & 4 TD's in the last 3 games.

Where I come from, that is a pretty damn good stretch of 3 games.

It's also an obvious anomaly. He's not going to have 1500 receiving yards in a 16 games season. This is why you factor in total body of work and don't make judgments off a purposely smaller sample size than you have available.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
FavreFan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Langford had 65 yards & 1 TD in the first 6 games.

He has 370 yards & 4 TD's in the last 3 games.

Where I come from, that is a pretty damn good stretch of 3 games.

It's also an obvious anomaly. He's not going to have 1500 receiving yards in a 16 games season. This is why you factor in total body of work and don't make judgments off a purposely smaller sample size than you have available.

All I am saying is his stats as a full time starter are outstanding. It is silly to think otherwise.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Overall body of work and 3 games in the same post. That's a gem, even from you SH.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:07 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Todd Gurley, highest drafted RB since Trent Richardson (and Adrian Peterson before that), is an A+ because he's living up to the pick. No argument from me.

But Jeremy Langford, 4th round pick with very little expectations coming into the year, isn't an A+ because... he's put up 100+ yards from scrimmage in each of his starts. The Bears may have wasted #7 overall anyways, but they also drafted Goldman (good player) and Grasu (looked fine, got hurt, developmental anyways) before they got to Langford.

Where a player is drafted matter. The key to rebuilding (and maintaining) a team is getting impact players in all rounds. Obviously there will be a bust here and there, but you can even afford to waste 1st round picks on dumb shit like Kevin White if you find talent like Amos and Langford later on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He's failing @ drafting, fuck this guy..and why is he always smiling, what's there to smile about dickhead?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 pm 

Pace looks great taking white last year. Far worse wr are being picked in the first round this year

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
2nd year in a row he has picked an athlete over football player with his 1st round pick.

Not a good trend imo

I felt White was a reach last year but I do like his potential. Floyd is a head scratching pick the more and more I think about it.

Obviously I hope it works out, but my gut tells me this may be a bust. I at least think White will be good if he stays healthy.

Can't give anything resembling an accurate grade until at least knowing the rest of his draft this year with another full season of seeing them play. But I don't like his direction on 1st rounders, and I'd say he did ok with the rest of last years draft. But just ok wasn't what we needed in a GM when we went out and hired this guy, it has to be better than that so I think that lowers his grade a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:28 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Pace's inexperience showed last night big-time.

After having a bust of a 1st round pick last year, you don't pick an undersized Work-In-Progress-Guy whom offensive tackles are going to throw around like a rag-doll. Floyd played at 230 lbs. last year!!!!

You don't give up a 4th round pick to move up two slots, when you need depth and players everywhere.

Not one guy on the ESPN panel applauded the pick. Gruden had nothing to say at all.

Shea McClellin all over again. Irrelevant that Floyd played in the SEC.

Flash grade for Pace was B-, but I give him a 'D'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Someone else posted that the Bears knew the Giants were going to take Floyd and they wanted him so...

My comments in the other thread:

Wannstedt was just on M&H. He said he did a ton of Georgia football and this kid is good. Compared the height and weight issue to same thing Jason Taylor went through. Also, he apparently went through a couple of defensive coordinators there and they moved him all over the place even slot and middle linebacker. So hopefully Bears are right and get what they thought they drafted. Until we see him play there is not a lot of anything bitching and moaning is going to do in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:26 am 

This guy better be a stud if you view him as that much of a "can't miss" prospect that you are worried that the one team ahead of you will take him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
pittmike wrote:
Someone else posted that the Bears knew the Giants were going to take Floyd and they wanted him so...

My comments in the other thread:

Wannstedt was just on M&H. He said he did a ton of Georgia football and this kid is good. Compared the height and weight issue to same thing Jason Taylor went through. Also, he apparently went through a couple of defensive coordinators there and they moved him all over the place even slot and middle linebacker. So hopefully Bears are right and get what they thought they drafted. Until we see him play there is not a lot of anything bitching and moaning is going to do in my mind.

He is not ready to start the 1st regular season game. Therefore, after the Kevin White debacle, this pick is a bust.

How did adding bulk to Shea McClellin help him last year? He was still getting steamrolled. Is Floyd at 230 lbs. going to bust up a sweep play against two 300 lbs. offensive linemen pulling?

The game is about instincts and technique more than anything else. Simply being a good athlete is not enough.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ok Rube, I didn't pick him nor am I defending it. I am just wait and see is all. BTW, in a 3-4 scheme remember he is not a DE but an OLB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Is he a possible Safety for the Bears? ....It might make more sense given his tiny stature at OLB or DE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I don't follow much college or the lead up into the draft and am OK with this pick. First thing I did was pulled up 6 or 7 mock drafts, everyone had this kid going at 9 or 10. Emery was always trying to be the smartest guy in the room and pull a name that was supposed to go 10-15 picks later. There may have been a name or two that dropped that he could have gotten. But Floyd was definitely in the discussion at going at nine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 pm 

Round 1: D
Round 2: D
Round 3: B

So far not so good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:32 pm 

America wrote:
Round 1: D
Round 2: D
Round 3: B

So far not so good.

Let's not go that far. However none of them will start next year unless the Bears clear some veterans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Going to just give Pace my trust for now. I don't mind the two trade downs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:45 pm 

1 Kevin White - D-
Right on the verge of busthood, catastrophically stupid pick. He looked bad when he played, but its obvious he cant stay on the field. For a little it looked like it would be rescued by most players taken after White also being busts but Ereck Flowers and Vic Beasley have turned themselves around a bit and Danny Shelton, Kevin Johnson and Marcus Peters all look like top line players.

2 Eddie Goldman - B+
And losing steam fast due to these injuries. When he plays though he's one of the best in the league at that position. Hopefully he gets back out there this season and makes an impact.

3 Hroniss Grasu - D-
This pick may be worse than Kevin White, a prime candidate to be cut next summer.

4 Jeremy Langford - C+
He got overhyped a lot last year, but that doesn't mean he's bad. If the Bears plan on running a committee a guy like Langford can be a valuable part of such a committee.

5 Adrian Amos - B+
He may not light the world on fire but he's an above average starting caliber NFL safety. He doesn't get hurt and he's single handedly trying to cover the whole field with some truly awful defensive backs being run out there by the Bears.

6 Tayo Fabuluje - F
A long shot that didn't pan out. Oh well, it happens to the best of them.

2015 UDFA's
Bryce Callahan - A
Looks to be a true find. Great nickel player but his time at corner has had its ups and downs.
Cameron Meredith - A
Another find, Meredith has fully outclassed the #7 overall pick from this draft. I made fun of him, I was wrong.
Jacoby Glenn - C
Hard to tell if he's actually worth keeping or if he just gets playing time because the Bears have the worst CB of any team I've ever seen.

1 Leonard Floyd - C
If you want to freak out about him playing from his knees against Green Bay and making a couple plays go ahead, but he's looked bad the entire year and missed some time to injury. He only played 1/3 of the snaps in his "breakout" game. There is a decent chance he develops into a nice situational player, which hardly meets expectation for #9 overall (and a trade-up).

2 Cody Whitehair - A+
Already one of the best at his position, and its a position he's never really played. I made fun of this pick but it wound up being a home run. He's done so well at C I see little reason to move him from that spot going forward. Best pick under Pace.

3 Jonathan Bullard - C-
Has not met the hype. Injuries have torn the Bears depth chart to pieces and Bullard is one of the many players who still hasn't gotten on the field much despite the opportunity. Not encouraged, but there is time.

4 Nick Kwiatkowski - B
And rising fast. The only reason he's not the field more is Jerrell Freeman is playing like an All Pro. Bears are still finding uses for him, sometimes even getting him on the edge or using him as a blitzer. Another pick I thought was dumb that is turning out well.

4 Deon Bush - D+
The Bears are polluting NFL stadiums across the league with a terrible secondary and Deon Bush still cant see the field. Not looking good. You can start asking yourself why Dak Prescott wasn't taken here.

4 Deiondre Hall - B-
One of the guys who looks like he can really play, and he got his shot only to get hurt in practice right before he was set to make a real impact. Even so, the signs are good for him right now.

5 Jordan Howard - B
This year's version of Jeremy Langford, dont buy the hype. Still he's a nice piece that can be a good part of the Bears backfield going forward. His selection does make me ask myself why the Bears have drafted a RB each of the last three drafts, but only one QB. Sometimes I wonder if they know what year it is.

6 DeAndre Houston-Carson - C
He's a special teams player right now really. Whatever, you're supposed to find those guys around here in the draft.

7 Daniel Braverman - C-
Still on the practice squad. Its clear they valued Meredith more than him, and its obvious why. How well Meredith has played is encouraging for Braverman though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm 

2015 not as big a disaster as it looks at first blush

2016 is looking like one of those drafts we will view in the future as "the start"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I said this in the chat yesterday. Howard looks like the real deal as a runner. He breaks tackles and moves piles. At a minimum, he has played way beyond his draft rank. Floyd and Whitehair are showing a lot. There was the play where the nose tackle jumped offsides, and Whitehair stood that guy up and held the block even when the defenseman had a head start. He looks solid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm encourage with his drafting, enough, that IMO I would not fire him at this point. He still fucked up big time for thinking Cutler could function as replacement QB during this 'rebuild'. The Bears QB of the Future should have been drafted two years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
2016 is looking like one of those drafts we will view in the future as "the start"
I do not disagree. I do, however, think that "the start" will be determined by the first season Cutler is no longer here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:09 am 

ANOTHER UPDATE

1 Kevin White - F
oooops

2 Eddie Goldman - B+
pretty damn good

3 Hroniss Grasu - C
still rostered, and say what you will about this org they do not stick with guys to avoid looking bad. he must be showing something.

4 Jeremy Langford - D
I mean he was OK that one year. I dont know how to grade picks like this, he's not contributing now but part of me believes that without him there would be no Howard/Cohen backfield. Give him an F here and I dont argue

5 Adrian Amos - A-
Just when you thought he was gonna get cut and fall apart...him and Jackson are a pair of playmakers back there.

6 Tayo Fabuluje - F
Forgotten

2016 (this is a very solid draft by Pace)
1 Leonard Floyd - B
Solid pick.

2 Cody Whitehair - A
Had a few rough weeks but all together he continues to impress

3 Jonathan Bullard - C+
Still around, actually contributes every once and a while too. He could break out later this year.

4 Nick Kwiatkowski - B+
And continues to go up

4 Deon Bush - C-
Decent special teams guy, overdrafted but a contributor

4 Deiondre Hall - C
I still really like Hall, I hope he sticks around next year.

5 Jordan Howard - A+
my god

does his thing on special teams

7 Daniel Braverman - D-
we hardly knew ya

1 Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - B
who knows I dont want to argue. he's starting, the Bears are winning and people are excited. B is the grade.

2 Adam Shaheen - C
would like to see him contribute, I feel like we will some day

4 Eddie Jackson - A+
stud

4 Tarik Cohen - A+
stud

5 Jordan Morgan -D
but who knows

--------------

this is not a bad effort.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
America wrote:
ANOTHER UPDATE

1 Kevin White - F
oooops

2 Eddie Goldman - B+
pretty damn good

3 Hroniss Grasu - C
still rostered, and say what you will about this org they do not stick with guys to avoid looking bad. he must be showing something.

4 Jeremy Langford - D
I mean he was OK that one year. I dont know how to grade picks like this, he's not contributing now but part of me believes that without him there would be no Howard/Cohen backfield. Give him an F here and I dont argue

5 Adrian Amos - A-
Just when you thought he was gonna get cut and fall apart...him and Jackson are a pair of playmakers back there.

6 Tayo Fabuluje - F
Forgotten

2016 (this is a very solid draft by Pace)
1 Leonard Floyd - B
Solid pick.

2 Cody Whitehair - A
Had a few rough weeks but all together he continues to impress

3 Jonathan Bullard - C+
Still around, actually contributes every once and a while too. He could break out later this year.

4 Nick Kwiatkowski - B+
And continues to go up

4 Deon Bush - C-
Decent special teams guy, overdrafted but a contributor

4 Deiondre Hall - C
I still really like Hall, I hope he sticks around next year.

5 Jordan Howard - A+
my god

does his thing on special teams

7 Daniel Braverman - D-
we hardly knew ya

1 Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - B
who knows I dont want to argue. he's starting, the Bears are winning and people are excited. B is the grade.

2 Adam Shaheen - C
would like to see him contribute, I feel like we will some day

4 Eddie Jackson - A+
stud

4 Tarik Cohen - A+
stud

5 Jordan Morgan -D
but who knows

--------------

this is not a bad effort.

You're giving a 2nd round pick TE who isn't doing anything on a receiver starved team a 'C' lol?

And I'm loving the A+ grade next to Eddie Jackson after you threw a fit over them taking a flyer on him in the 4th round haha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
America,

Thanks for creating an actual scorecard. Where else can someone go and find this type of info???

Nevermind the nitpicking critics,I appreciate your effort and you have graded fairly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
America,

Thanks for creating an actual scorecard. Where else can someone go and find this type of info???

Nevermind the nitpicking critics,I appreciate your effort and you have graded fairly.

Maybe you can correct his name finally?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am 

Its part of the charm imo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Chargers traded WR Dontrelle Inman to the Bears for a seventh-round pick, per sources.
1:06 PM - 25 Oct 2017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:12 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Chargers traded WR Dontrelle Inman to the Bears for a seventh-round pick, per sources.
1:06 PM - 25 Oct 2017
No more excuses (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Good job Adam Pace! Or is that Ryan Gase?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next