It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:02 pm 

I worked of a company for a couple of years that installed Satellite TV and sound systems and stuff like that. One of our clients was the Blackhawk's, and we had the contract with them to be the VCR operators for the Goal Judge replay. I was there in the booth when Pully went apeshit over the goal that was waved off because Murray Craven's skate was in the crease, The NHL changed the rule the next season as it cost the Hawks the playoffs that year.

One of the perks for that gig was to be able to eat in the press commissary before the game. Many times scratched players would be down there before the games. One early season game I was sitting at a table alone and Savvy and Proby sat down with some chow and I was just star struck. I couldn't think, and I'm sitting there being very quiet and trying not to spill my soup in my lap or something, and Savvy asks me to pass the ketchup. I had it to him and he strikes up a conversation and I mellow out a little.

He asked what I did and was really cool once I told him and stuff. He took the media guide I had into the locker room and got all of the guys in the room to sign it, and into the President's Club and got Hull, Makita, Maggy(RIP) and a bunch of other HOF players that were in attendance for that game to sign it also.

It is one of my prized possessions.