Post subject: Re: Arne Duncan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Latinos may have 1/3 of the population but not 1/3 of the voters.

I think this is going to be a backlash election.

Backlash against whom? All I see is an increasingly spreading Hispanic community that outside of the Little Village seems good for the city. At least out south.

lightfoot

She named a Hispanic guy in charge of CPS, has kept of city services to all communities and seemingly been inclusive to most outside of the Reagan Democrats of the far northwest and southwest sides.

She celebrated the anniversary of her inauguration by being openly racist. She's a pandering clown who is in over her head. What's somewhat ironic is that she's been a cop her entire life and she believes that appearing to hate cops is good for her political future.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Last edited by Nas on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Backlash against whom? All I see is an increasingly spreading Hispanic community that outside of the Little Village seems good for the city. At least out south.

lightfoot

She named a Hispanic guy in charge of CPS, has kept of city services to all communities and seemingly been inclusive to most outside of the Reagan Democrats of the far northwest and southwest sides.

then you should vote for her

I don't get that is the feeling among even the non (((reagan democrats from the north and south sides))). I assume her opponents will point to yearly labor unrest with CPS, little movement towards the pension crisis, unpreparedness for riot control, lack of solution to non protest criminal activity, Emmanuel level lack of transparency on multiple police incidents and she lost the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:

A rich guy from Princeton being smart enough to realize that taking that job is a loser from Day One. Go figure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:30 pm 

Being stalked at high school basketball games probably scared him off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Do people actually like Arne Duncan?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:53 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Many just stomach him. Except for the guys that used (?) to hoop with him at Lab on Saturdays.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
badrogue17 wrote:

What a couple of pieces of shit.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Arne Duncan is certainly a piece of shit and has been for a long time.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

What a couple of pieces of shit.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
"My mask protects you" is one of the most socially divisive lies that has ever been propagated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqmidi9nuOY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:11 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Obama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Obama

I never got the impression Obama liked anybody aside from himself.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:22 am 

I don't like these reluctant candidates. It's like he would only jump in on the election if the path was completely cleared for him. He's already pretty old to be making a first time run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:45 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I don't like these reluctant candidates. It's like he would only jump in on the election if the path was completely cleared for him. He's already pretty old to be making a first time run.

It probably would be pretty much cleared for him if he wanted that. But assuming he just cakewalks to election, then what? How do you fix the City? It seems utterly impossible. It's not even that Lightfoot has set such a low bar that anyone will look good. I don't think anyone can look good after so many years of malfeasance and mismanagement by Daley.

Vallas is a guy who cares about the City and deserves a shot. He's a competent guy. You probably aren't going to find anyone better to take that job. Pretty much anyone else I can imagine running would be doing it strictly from a standpoint of runaway ego.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It probably would be pretty much cleared for him if he wanted that. But assuming he just cakewalks to election, then what? How do you fix the City? It seems utterly impossible. It's not even that Lightfoot has set such a low bar that anyone will look good. I don't think anyone can look good after so many years of malfeasance and mismanagement by Daley.

Vallas is a guy who cares about the City and deserves a shot. He's a competent guy. You probably aren't going to find anyone better to take that job. Pretty much anyone else I can imagine running would be doing it strictly from a standpoint of runaway ego.

Assuming everything you say is true....Vallas should know better to even want that job. You can't win.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Assuming everything you say is true....Vallas should know better to even want that job. You can't win.

I think Vallas is truly a civic-minded guy. Probably not as smart as Rahm or Duncan. Maybe not even as smart as Lightfoot. But very likely much more competent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:57 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Vallas was was a complete failure here and his only "success" was turning the New Orleans school system into a charter filled beaurocracy.

And back when I listened to progressive radio he sounded like a waste.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

lightfoot

She celebrated the anniversary of her inauguration by being openly racist. She's a pandering clown who is in over her head. What's somewhat ironic is that she's been a cop her entire life and she believes that appearing to hate cops is good for her political future.

The democrats went from defund the police to denying it to refund the police, smh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think you are reading his interest correctly. I think it's apparent he wants it. He just doesn't have the fortitude for a tough race. That's why he has been a lifelong back bencher.

I've said it about others as well in the past. A guy like Tom Dart was poised for high office a decade or more ago. He was constantly being recruited but deferred when he saw the competition...unless you believe he always dreamed of being Sheriff for life.

A guy like Obama is the complete opposite. He was underexperienced for just about every office he ran for but he just kept running. As Matt Damon but not the Roman's say "luck favors the brave"