It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jermaine Dye
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Playing Volleyball on North Avenue Beach Monday-

'Let me just say this' (Copyright Mike North)

What a Fat Ass! Honestly, 25+Lbs overweight! YES HE IS A BIG GUY, but so am I and I weigh less than he does, but I dont get paid millions to be in shape for my job.

No wonder this guy has been a lifelong free agent and will be elsewhere next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:43 am 

Interesting you should say that BF as he does seem heavier than in the past two years. He has not played well either in the field or at the plate. However, he was this bad at the beginning of 05 as well.

Dye has always been streaky. Last year he was consistent and it was an anomaly. It was an MVP caliber performance. I imagine he will be hit .270-.280, 30, 80 by the end of the year with solid defense. However the writing is on the wall that he will be gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Baseball uniforms are great for hiding guys being over weight. Many would never think of Robin Ventura being over weight. I once saw him in the Sox parking lot when I was a kid. You wouldn't beleive the beer belly this guy had. What a slob he was.

That being said, baseball is the one sport you can be overweight and still perform great. I'm sure Dye weighed the same when he was an MVP candidate last year.

Yes, you'd like them to be in shape however. I'm sure dropping 20 pounds would help Dye get from 2nd to home one step quicker at least and could save him from being thrown out.

Post subject: Re: Jermaine Dye
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:30 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Playing Volleyball on North Avenue Beach Monday-

'Let me just say this' (Copyright Mike North)

What a Fat Ass! Honestly, 25+Lbs overweight! YES HE IS A BIG GUY, but so am I and I weigh less than he does, but I dont get paid millions to be in shape for my job.

No wonder this guy has been a lifelong free agent and will be elsewhere next year.

Aside from half a dozen or so guys in the league, everybody is a lifelong free agent - including A-Rod. That is a just a financial reality in today's game - not a reflection of a player's talent. Dye is on his 3rd team in 11 years - that is not bad compared to most guys. Oh, yeah - and he has a world series ring, a gold glove, a silver slugger award and a world series MVP trophy.

Something tells me that if Dye played for Bigfan's beloved Cubbies, he would have been dreaming about Dye's fat wang rather than examining his fat ass.