It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saturday in Wrigleyville
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:14 am 

The low level famous were out in full force on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Here are my encounters:

Former De Paul great Tom Kleinschmidt. I saw him at Bernie's before the game. He is a friend of a friend. I've met him before and he has always been a good guy. He plays basketball in Japan. I was suprised to learn the kind of money that can be made overseas. Also all expenses are included so every dollar you make is in the bank. If I were a fringe player there would be no way I'd play in the NBDL when that kind of life is available.

MJH host Harry Teniowitz at Johnny O'Hagen's after the game. I had a table in the back room with my friends. I saw a guy in a Larry Bittner jersey walk in. I was wondering who would buy such an item. He turned around and guess who... I didn't go up and introduce myself as I was having a good time with my friends and he with his. I will give it to Harry, he does seem to have a stable of people who really like him. At the same time he appeared to have no airs of "stardom". In typical Hary form, he was ordering shots all around (for his friends). I left later that night. I forgot something at the table and had to run back in. As I was coming in old Harry himself came stumbling out. I did not bother to ask him how he was getting home.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
As I was coming in old Harry himself came stumbling out. I did not bother to ask him how he was getting home.

I hope Coast2Coast doesn't catch wind of this... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:27 am 

I said that as a homage to last week's posts. I have no idea whether he drank heavily or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 am 

Nas wrote:
Why didn't you stop by Redmonds GD?

I had a full schedule in the morning and didn't get to Wrigleyville until 2. I was dropped off northwest of the stadium so by the time I would have gotten to Redmond's I would have had to leave (I hate missing the first pitch). I went to the most convenient bar for a quick one with the guy who came with me.

After the game Wrigleyville was prick central. There were lots and lots of turned backwards hat wearers just looking for trouble. I knew a couple of people were going to O'Hagan's afterwards. I decided it would be best for a guy wearing a Sox jersey to go to a place that was a little less crowded.

I thought some of the people in Harry's group might be board members. However, they seemed to like Harry so I knew that could not be correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
now that's a shot...

yeah, i sported the dome instead of the backwards hat this weekend to avoid that very same meatheadedness.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="Baku"][quote="good dolphin"] As I was coming in old Harry himself came stumbling out. I did not bother to ask him how he was getting home.[/quote]

I hope Coast2Coast doesn't catch wind of this... :wink:[/quote]

I was with Happy Harry & we took a cab. We planned ahead on getting hammered so I didn't drive. He was starving & we got Chinese at some joint Harry picked - they forgot to give us utensils so we ate with our hands & got rice all over the cab & each other.(!)Sounds burrito, I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Nos, you're a Score employee hanging with Harry. Interesting. So I guess Good Dolphin would be able to ID you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Quote:
Sounds burrito, I know.

Yes it does. Like something out of a Julia Roberts movie.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:05 am 

Harry was happy that day. He had an odd grin on his face as he left the place. Maybe it was the anticipation of chinese food in the not to distant future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="Beardown"]So Nos, you're a Score employee hanging with Harry. Interesting. So I guess Good Dolphin would be able to ID you.[/quote]

But Beardown, you know how it goes here: maybe Good Dolphin is another one of my many aliases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:21 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

After the game Wrigleyville was prick central. There were lots and lots of turned backwards hat wearers just looking for trouble. I knew a couple of people were going to O'Hagan's afterwards. I decided it would be best for a guy wearing a Sox jersey to go to a place that was a little less crowded.

For the record you can consider Redmond's a safe haven as a Sox fan, seeing as how it is run by one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:43 pm 

nostradamus wrote:
Beardown wrote:
So Nos, you're a Score employee hanging with Harry. Interesting. So I guess Good Dolphin would be able to ID you.

But Beardown, you know how it goes here: maybe Good Dolphin is another one of my many aliases.

But I did not eat chinese food on Saturday. After O'Hagen's I hoofed it down to Capt. Nemo's and had me a sub.

Did you meet up with Harry, because he did not leave the place with anyone. He was kind of mumbling to himself and smiling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:31 pm 

Quote:
I hoofed it down to Capt. Nemo's and had me a sub.

Red Sauce?
Split Pea soup?

I'm hungry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:38 pm 

It's not red sauce rob. It's the Captain's Secret Sauce, shortened to SCC on the menu boards.

I had a half Americanne and a cup of split pea. The sandwich was great as always. The soup tasted like they watered down the pot to make it last until the end of the day. It's probably the only time I've been disappointed with the Captain's soup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:50 pm 

Looks like we stomped the same grounds after the game.
I had the turkey with provolone & thought that the soup wasn't thick or salty enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:54 pm 

I have heard accounts that the Captain was a cheap bastard all the way back in the day at the Clark Avenue shop. It looks like he passed it along to his be-bop singing second generation.