It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Sammy's
We went to eat at la siesta in Kankakee one year during training camp and low and behold Grossman Was there getting his taco on. So he gets up just before I do and we collide mid aisle and grossman falls back toward his seat. I’m completely rattled and apologetic and some semi drunk guy next to us goes, man it ain’t good that he knocked you down that easy, to which everyone but Rex had a good lol about. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 am 

his father and brother in law, separately, were clients

The father is a doctor I believe in Indianapolis. He was investing in some stuff for his son. Seemed like a very low key, even headed guy. The brother in law was a trader by profession who was looking to get into other things back in those days when everyone was investing. He let you know he was Sexy Rexy's BIL the moment you met him. He was an active investor who wanted to be a gentleman farmer. We basically taught him the business. He made a killing on the first project then couldn't understand why they all didn't go like that. He invested in a bar, as they all seem to do, with the same results as 99% of the people who invest in a bar. Haven't seen him in about a decade.

Jeff Zgonina's uncle is an expert we use occasionally. Big, rough looking family. Could easily pass as an enforcer. You wouldn't be able to knock any of those guys over.

Last edited by good dolphin on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
crayphish wrote:
We went to eat at la siesta in Kankakee one year during training camp and low and behold Grossman Was there getting his taco on. So he gets up just before I do and we collide mid aisle and grossman falls back toward his seat. I’m completely rattled and apologetic and some semi drunk guy next to us goes, man it ain’t good that he knocked you down that easy, to which everyone but Rex had a good lol about. :oops:

Thank you for sharing this timely story with us. What did you think of the Bears' coverage against Steve Smith in the 2005 playoffs?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I was walking back to the car with my oldest kid on Sunday. We saw a guy wearing the Grossman #8 and I laughed thinking of this bit.

https://kissingsuzykolber.wordpress.com/2006/11/27/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield/

I explained that Grossman was just a mediocre Bears QB from back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:47 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
crayphish wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BEAUTIFUL!!! :lol: