It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Albert Belle
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
While working as a Bag Room attendant at a local country club in the south burbs, I had the opprotunity to meet a couple sports celebrities, particularly a handful or Blackhawks since one of the members is good friends with Steve Sullivan.

However, one of the more memorable mishaps of my life was when I made the mistake of joking with a few other employees about the "asshole" that just walked out of the BMW in the parking lot. While grabbing this man's clubs out of his expensive trunk and loading them onto a golf cart, then driving him to the first tee to meet his group, not only did I get completely snubbed and not get a tip for my efforts, but after learning he was a professional baseball player was even more upset to learn he was only Albert Belle.

Needless to say Mr. Belle caught wind of the remarks and bitched to my boss about the whole ordeal. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised since that is exactly what he did to the Sox upper management while in Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Considering Joey's reputation, I would call that a "Brush With A Near-Death Experience".

Let's do it for Johnny!