It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Billy Joel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here is a big "I'm happy for ya", but any way it was about 9 years ago and my wife and another couple were out at Gibsons on Rush for a nice evening of dinner and drinks.. We get seated in a booth facing the door to the dinning room , which I'm facing as people walk in out, back to the bar or restroom or what ever.. I look to my right and see a guy who looks like Billy Joel who is walking by heading to the bathroom .. So like an asswipe I get up to see if I'm seeing things and I hear the guy who looks like Billy in the Stahl.(Won't go into that )..

I sit back down at my table and he walks by again and people start to clap and cheer.. I knew then it was him and I yell "Hey Billy , love your music"! He stops , say's to the whole dinning area "Come into the bar and I'll play some songs for everyone".. The whole fucken place makes a mad dash into the bar and Billy sits down at the big black piano and plays "Piano Man" and "Just the way you are".. The place went fricken nuts!! We tried sending some drinks over to him but he said no thanks, he was on the wagon.. A few DUI's will do that .. Great time and very , very approachable..

True story.. And to top it off, Allison Payne from WGN was sitting a few tables away that night.. She is a hotty as well .. Big tities!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:46 pm 

If you used the word canoodling in your post, I would have accused you of being Michael Sneed.

Good story though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="good dolphin"]If you used the word canoodling in your post, I would have accused you of being Michael Sneed.

Good story though.
[/quote]

LOL, I'm not a word Smith there Dolphin.. It takes me an hour and half to watch 60 minutes some times..5 Year's to graduate college .. I failed Freshman English twice in High School..My spelling and punctuation should tell it all.

My nickname in High School was "Special Ed"..Nice teammates Huh !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:00 pm 

You are not Special Ed Urban of Loras College fame are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="good dolphin"]You are not Special Ed Urban of Loras College fame are you?
[/quote]

No , Western Illinois is proud to say I attended their campus..I had a lot buddies who went to Dubuque.. Spent a little time on Weekends there .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ed, I think you need to drive up to Madison for the big Western-Wisconsin football game this fall. Here's hoping we only lose by 28.

If you pay attention at all to Necks football, we had a hell of a showing against LSU in their national title year. We were at 13-7 after three quarters....but then the flood gates finally hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:55 pm 

Slap Shot ED wrote:
[
Quote:
quote="good dolphin"]You are not Special Ed Urban of Loras College fame are you?

No , Western Illinois is proud to say I attended their campus..I had a lot buddies who went to Dubuque.. Spent a little time on Weekends there .[/quote]

I'm not a Duhawk but it sounded like one of the more depraved campus' around.