It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Les
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 am 

I was driving in rush hour traffic in the express lanes on the Kennedy yesterday. I took a quick look to my left and I saw a nice new Mustang. I was checking out the car a little and to my suprise, I think the driver was none other than Les Grobstein.

Now I cannot be sure it was Les. The car does not seem like Les' kind of car. Also I could not focus as I was driving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:05 am 

Were the windows up? or did you smell the BO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:03 am 

You,Mr.MacSwain,do a very piss poor job of trying to be a Steve Dahl(etc) wannabe! Get some new material! Besides,,dont throw stones in glass houses! It does'nt work here,,and only one person think's you're funny,,,YOU!

BTW, I dont(and never have)driven a Mustang! Mabey you saw MacSwain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
BUMP

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="grobber33"]You,Mr.MacSwain,do a very piss poor job of trying to be a Steve Dahl(etc) wannabe! Get some new material! Besides,,dont throw stones in glass houses! It does'nt work here,,and only one person think's you're funny,,,YOU!

[/quote]

Les, you only seem to come out when someone is busting your balls ..As a guy who listened to you for years and truley enjoy your work and miss your late-nite show, I'm wondering why you don't give more insight on topics on this board?

Are any stations courting you to comeback on a late-nite basis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:13 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
[
Quote:
quote="grobber33"]You,Mr.MacSwain,do a very piss poor job of trying to be a Steve Dahl(etc) wannabe! Get some new material! Besides,,dont throw stones in glass houses! It does'nt work here,,and only one person think's you're funny,,,YOU!

Les, you only seem to come out when someone is busting your balls ..As a guy who listened to you for years and truley enjoy your work and miss your late-nite show, I'm wondering why you don't give more insight on topics on this board?

Are any stations courting you to comeback on a late-nite basis?[/quote

Just trying to keep things accurate. I post when I think I can contribute,,not to just do it for no reason. I do read posts here all the time however and enjoy it.
As for me,,I am not talking to any Local Stations at this time,but that can always change.
As for the two All Sports Stations(which I am asked about all the time since I have worked fo both):

WMVP: I was hired there by Mitch Rosen in Oct 2002 after WCSN folded(that was a year and 3 months after the 'Score' Fiasco). I believe Mitch was planning to put myself on 'Overnights' to go head to head with the Score,,but he was blocked by 'Bristol' from doing that. You know,,the 'great' Todd Wright was untouchable! So I did a weekend show with T-Dub which was going great,then it was expanded to two days.
Then Mitch left,and the place was a mess with No Prgram Director for Months until they brought in Len Weiner from Bristol(in my oppinion,to Protect the Network stuff). Len's a nice enough guy,but he did NOTHING as PD,,and he screwed around with our Show from April thru Aug.Next, he cancelled it when the NFL Season started. He let Tommy go,and said he wanted to keep me,but he quit giving me assignments,and several other things went down that disgusted me enough that after giving him many chances to do things,,I quit,and now they have new Management whom I dont know right now. It was a shame since I liked working there,and with all the Talent and Producers they had and still have---all good folks to say the least,but Weiner was the reason I got out. He then got the PD Job at WGN which shocked me,,but he only lasted about 8 Months there! Most people who go to WGN, stay there a long time,,but Len(IMO)jumped before they made him walk the plank.

WSCR:We dont have anywhere near enough space here to talk about that place! I still consider MOST people there Pals,etc,,,but even with Mitch running the place,there will likely need to be a change in Higher Up Management before I could even consider going back there,or they would ever talk to me about returning.
I do know,that I enjoyed the 4 1/2 years I was at the Score,and the way it WAS until guys like Harvey Wells changed things,by messing with the shows(Monsters,Heavey Fuel Crew,etc)and watching the Station lose several Ratings book to WMVP for the first time ever(and it was AFTER I left in July 2001,but I'm not saying it was BECAUSE I left).

I wish I could go into some of the juicy stuff,but that will have to wait. Both Stations are in my Rear View Window right now since I am in their's!
In fact I have listened to neither of those 2 Stations since I De-Programmed them from my Car and Home Radios Oct 31st! Some parts I miss,,and others--like the awful Night Time stuff they both now run--I DO NOT!

One last thing,, I have been asked if I was invited to the Score 15th Anniversary Party like I was the 10th(I refused to attend that in 2002 after having just been let go). No I did not get any formal Invitation and was'nt planning to attend(no point). Then the next day at SoxFest,I ran into an un-named Score Management type who asked me why I did'nt go. I said I never got an invitation. His response was,"So what? You should have come anyway,we would have let you in." I'm sure they likely would have,but,,,no,,I was'nt going to show up there uninvited. I did'nt listen and frankly did'nt miss it!

Hope this answer's a few questions I have been asked quite a bit of late! Keep those posts coming---I enjoy the heck out of this board!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
One last thing,, I have been asked if I was invited to the Score 15th Anniversary Party like I was the 10th(I refused to attend that in 2002 after having just been let go). No I did not get any formal Invitation and was'nt planning to attend(no point). Then the next day at SoxFest,I ran into an un-named Score Management type who asked me why I did'nt go. I said I never got an invitation. His response was,"So what? You should have come anyway,we would have let you in."

This exchange demonstrates exactly how clueless Score management remains. Did they want Les to beg at the door for a VIP pass?

Thanks for the stories, Les. I'd love to hear you back on the airwaves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:00 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I would nominate the unnamed Score executive for douchebag status for that "we'd have let you in" comment.

I think we should start an Ask Les / Les Remembers thread in the General Discussion section. I'd enjoy reading the musings of the Grobber.

Don't be stranger Les. I mean don't be a stranger Les. :D