It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dave Duerson
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Wayback Machine - 15 or 16 years old and I got to work for an event company that planned "Battle of the Beach" (Hawks, Bulls, Bears, Cubs players) competing in volleyball, tug of war, at North Ave beach.

The company planning the event was in Deeerfield and I was at the offices picking up T shirts, Duerson walks in, asks if I needed some help and if I wanted a ride to the event....sure!

So got to drive down with DD 22 in His black Porsche, got some great stories on the ride down, good man.

This same company did the "Bear bu not naked" Calenders, so of you old timers"Grid" might remember of the 85 Bears.

*Sox of course chose not participate because Rob Galas, Marketing Moron, didnt think it really would benefit them. Ironically, this leads to the Sox having meetings with the PR company at Corp 500 Lake Cook Rd, wich leads to them buying the back of the office complex to build "The Berto Center".

Post subject: Re: Dave Duerson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Good to see you were able to bash the Sox while telling a decade old story about meeting Dave Duerson :roll:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Good to see you were able to bash the Sox while telling a decade old story about meeting Dave Duerson :roll:

2 decades old and in case you missed it, in as many posts as I can, I throw a southside jab in there. Thanks for noticing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
my duerson story is not so nice. back in 1995, i was working as a car rental manager at the libertyville lincoln dealer and duerson's mother-in-law needs a town car rental while hers is getting fixed. anyway dave, the good son-in-law returns the car with a nice big dent in the rear quarter panel. when i point it out to him, he says it was there when MIL got vehicle. ugh, no here is the paperwork with her initials showing no damage when she took car so he is responsible to pay for the damage. now i get to see the true dave come out......i am not paying you a fucking nickel to fix that car and proceeds to go to the owner of the dealership to cry. of course dave gets out of paying and the owner calls my boss to say they are not paying either and we end up eating the cost for this prick. this was when duerson was the sausage king of chicago and was making millions of dollars selling sausage to mcdonalds. the damage was about 1K, pocket change to him. so it didn't break me up when he went broke.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Did I do something wrong here too Frank?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Deacon Blues wrote:
my duerson story is not so nice. back in 1995, i was working as a car rental manager at the libertyville lincoln dealer and duerson's mother-in-law needs a town car rental while hers is getting fixed. anyway dave, the good son-in-law returns the car with a nice big dent in the rear quarter panel. when i point it out to him, he says it was there when MIL got vehicle. ugh, no here is the paperwork with her initials showing no damage when she took car so he is responsible to pay for the damage. now i get to see the true dave come out......i am not paying you a fucking nickel to fix that car and proceeds to go to the owner of the dealership to cry. of course dave gets out of paying and the owner calls my boss to say they are not paying either and we end up eating the cost for this prick. this was when duerson was the sausage king of chicago and was making millions of dollars selling sausage to mcdonalds. the damage was about 1K, pocket change to him. so it didn't break me up when he went broke.

Now there's a nickname to kill for!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com