It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steven Stone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
really appreciate the Stone Pony Playgirl pic in the thread, ...I think we can call that NSFW.

Yeah, I never really understood why multiple posters over the years post pictures like that in the middle of normal threads. Fuckin' weirdos, and also the nsfw part also makes them assholes. Just a not cool thing to do and has no purpose.

It was not an assholish thing to do nor does it make one a weirdo.

It is and was a funny picture of Steve Stone. I'm sure some found it funny. And I don't see why exposed male nipples (or any nipples for that matter) would make anyone feel uncomfortable. More importantly, whether or not the Stone Pony is really Jewish is still left to the imagination so no worries there.

Come down from your high horse every once in a while. It's good to be amongst the people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
the only person who should care about that photo is Spaulding. Or Houston Homer if she's still around.

Lay the news on us, bigfan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Matches Malone wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
really appreciate the Stone Pony Playgirl pic in the thread, ...I think we can call that NSFW.

Yeah, I never really understood why multiple posters over the years post pictures like that in the middle of normal threads. Fuckin' weirdos, and also the nsfw part also makes them assholes. Just a not cool thing to do and has no purpose.

It is and was a funny picture of Steve Stone. I'm sure some found it funny. And I don't see why exposed male nipples (or any nipples for that matter) would make anyone feel uncomfortable. More importantly, whether or not the Stone Pony is really Jewish is still left to the imagination so no worries there.

Come down from your high horse every once in a while. It's good to be amongst the people.

Way to stand up for yourself my Brother in Iron. Some people need to get out of their Ivory Tower In The Sky.

Don't let yourself be bullied like a certain Pork Person who shall not be named.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

totally agree

EDIT: and now I have self censored.

However, I would like to say that what was posted was to strongly indicate that no, I don't totally agree...and you have balls the size of the guy with the 132 pound scrotum to ever comment about posting gratuitous stuff just to irritate.

Last edited by good dolphin on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Way to stand up for yourself my Brother in Iron. Some people need to get out of their Ivory Tower In The Sky.

Don't let yourself be bullied like a certain Pork Person who shall not be named.

:evil:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Really, Good Dolphin????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Chill, BRO.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
RPB, I am not bothered, just saying thanks as I was in one of those Business center rooms with other people, as I scroll down and there is the almost full screen nude of a dude. I just said THANKS...maybe a little warning....

Lotsa of information discussed...some items.

Samardijza - You can have him, he knows everything better than anyone else. "Jeff and Eye didnt see eye to eye, I will just leave it at it" I will just guess Stone made a side comment to him or a few comments on things he might have seen and Sharkie, big timed Stoney or doesnt get along.

Look for an offer to Cespedes...thats for the Sox

Cubs going after 2 pitchers, not really news.

Huge fan of Theos, says he runs the best front office in baseball. Information wise and everyone is pulling in the same direction. No infighting, Takes care of issues right away. Used McLoud as an example. He knows McLoud will be gone and could have been gone, Theo cuts a 3 year deal with him, getting a very nice raise, so McLoud can stay around to see what THE PLAN through...(Stone didnt say Plan)

No great talent in Sox farm system, Anderson and Milwaiwizczxzea? Examples of two good players, who could make an impact and need to continue to improve, but nobody projecting them with high ceilings, but they have talent and could be regulars at some point.

One of his favorite players in any system. Gley Torres. Might be a tremensoud bargaining chip. Thinks he will be a better SS than anything they have, but they have a really good one, so you might be trading him this year at the break for a big time pitcher.

....and the best for last....Showed him the thread of FAR BETTER, spent some time setting up the circumstances of his comments regarding rizzo...and his repsonse. "I may have been a little off on that one" Thats is the pinnacle of the INTERNET W.

Sure, I could talk about Hawk, Kenny, Ricketts, other business deals outside of Cubs / Sox...but I am sure that would bore so many of you, plus thats a ton of stuff I would need to make up since it didnt happen.

I did extend the olive branch on behalf of all of Cubs nation, said he needs to come on back for the ride. He laughed and said he didnt know I had that kind of power...said we would figurre something out.

Good night Chicago!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

totally agree

However, I would like to say that what was posted was to strongly indicate that no, I don't totally agree...and you have balls the size of the guy with the 132 pound scrotum to ever comment about posting gratuitous stuff just to irritate.

I don't quite understand this post, but you want to point out examples of me posting gratuitous stuff just to irritate people?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
His post originally was a naked selfie of a famous chick showing her vaj.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:37 pm 

spmack wrote:
His post originally was a naked selfie of a famous chick showing her vaj.

Oh. How edgy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:43 pm 

Alright, lets not get stupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Not a lot of breaking news there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I had heard back in August direct from a former Cubs radio guy that the Cubs were exploring taking Stone on to the radio side next year and then replacing Jim on the TV side the next season, or flip flopping them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:46 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Alright, lets not get stupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Hope Stone is right on Torres but how often has he seen him??

Interesting his take on Shark but not sure how relevant it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:49 pm 

Big surprise that Shark is an asshole. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:50 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I'm sure that opinion would be different if he re-upped with the Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

totally agree

I don't quite understand this post, but you want to point out examples of me posting gratuitous stuff just to irritate people?

just about every post directed towards bigfan from the time you returned the first time until you were given a timeout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
just about every post directed towards bigfan from the time you returned the first time until you were given a timeout

That was for a total of 24 hours, and it was not with the sole intention of irritating him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:21 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I am not so sure I lock it in that Shark is an asshole. The guy is a football player and that mentality might not serve him well, when he tries to always overpower hitters. At the same time I could see Shark not exactly warming up to the 5'8" jewish guy walking around in his dress short giving him tips. Think it might take a different personality to get through to Jeffers and I dont thin Stone would be it.

Stone did think Maddon managed terrible playoff games, just the fact that they pitched to Murphy, he wouldnt have done....or so he claims.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:23 pm 

bigfan wrote:
RPB, I am not bothered, just saying thanks as I was in one of those Business center rooms with other people, as I scroll down and there is the almost full screen nude of a dude. I just said THANKS...maybe a little warning....

Samardijza - You can have him, he knows everything better than anyone else. "Jeff and Eye didnt see eye to eye, I will just leave it at it" I will just guess Stone made a side comment to him or a few comments on things he might have seen and Sharkie, big timed Stoney or doesnt get along.

Huge fan of Theos, says he runs the best front office in baseball. Information wise and everyone is pulling in the same direction. No infighting, Takes care of issues right away. Used McLoud as an example. He knows McLoud will be gone and could have been gone, Theo cuts a 3 year deal with him, getting a very nice raise, so McLoud can stay around to see what THE PLAN through...(Stone didnt say Plan)

No great talent in Sox farm system, Anderson and Milwaiwizczxzea? Examples of two good players, who could make an impact and need to continue to improve, but nobody projecting them with high ceilings, but they have talent and could be regulars at some point.

One of his favorite players in any system. Gley Torres. Might be a tremensoud bargaining chip. Thinks he will be a better SS than anything they have, but they have a really good one, so you might be trading him this year at the break for a big time pitcher.

....and the best for last....Showed him the thread of FAR BETTER, spent some time setting up the circumstances of his comments regarding rizzo...and his repsonse. "I may have been a little off on that one" Thats is the pinnacle of the INTERNET W.

Sure, I could talk about Hawk, Kenny, Ricketts, other business deals outside of Cubs / Sox...but I am sure that would bore so many of you, plus thats a ton of stuff I would need to make up since it didnt happen.

I did extend the olive branch on behalf of all of Cubs nation, said he needs to come on back for the ride. He laughed and said he didnt know I had that kind of power...said we would figurre something out.

Good night Chicago!

Remember when considering his projections of minor league players that he had Donnie Veal set for stardom.

I don't have a lot of confidence Stone Pony is spending a lot of time watching the minor leagues so most of his information is what he heard from another source.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Good night Chicago!

Remember when considering his projections of minor league players that he had Donnie Veal set for stardom.

I don't have a lot of confidence Stone Pony is spending a lot of time watching the minor leagues so most of his information is what he heard from another source.

Hawk told him about torres.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:29 pm 

Should've asked him if he likes Bernstein or thinks hes a knob like everyone else does.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Should've asked him if he likes Bernstein or thinks hes a knob like everyone else does.

He probably doesnt listen to him.

Makes for a better day, trust me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:31 pm 

bigfan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He probably doesnt listen to him.

Makes for a better day, trust me.

He's on their show Ahab.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:31 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I am not so sure I lock it in that Shark is an asshole. The guy is a football player and that mentality might not serve him well, when he tries to always overpower hitters. At the same time I could see Shark not exactly warming up to the 5'8" jewish guy walking around in his dress short giving him tips. Think it might take a different personality to get through to Jeffers and I dont thin Stone would be it.

Stone did think Maddon managed terrible playoff games, just the fact that they pitched to Murphy, he wouldnt have done....or so he claims.

5'8.5"...who also happens to be a former Cy Young winner.

I understand the mentality though. Sometimes you need to take a beating and ask for help rather than someone coming to you in a down moment and offering it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
sounds like a hell of nice guy to put up with your INQUISITION.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 pm 

Shark must be a butthole if he doesn't listen to the best pitching coach in the business.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next