It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meeting Famous People...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:39 am 

When they are not trying to be famous :D

I was working when Mac walked right in the store....I was pretty surprised, took a few quick looks to make sure I wasnt jokin myself.

Being only 19 and not really.....well a social butterfly....I decided to let him alone and not bug him.

I know its part of the job, but hell.

What do you guys do in such situations?
Even if they are b or c-list celebs :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:11 am 

About a year or so ago out in LA-LA I met Denise Richards in an elevator at the BH hotel. It was just her and I in the elevator (no clue why she didn't have guards) and we extended pleasantries (I got the Deer in the Headlights look when she said "hi" first.) She asked where I was from and she really got into the conversation when I mentioned I was from Downers Grove. She was born and raised there I guess until she was a teenager. She extended her hand when we reached the lobby and I told her it was nice meeting her.

I've met a few celebrities other than her as well, and my take is if you're caught in a situation where it's either just you two and you don't seem star-struck and treat them as human beings, there's a greater chance they won't blow you off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I always err to the "leave-them-alone" side.

If I do say something, I try to be discreet about it (usually so I don't violate any restraining orders). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
i worked at borders on michigan avenue for about a year, and in that time a ton of 'celebrities' passed through those doors, and most of the time i only interacted with them if i really had to.

on the other hand, i guess my girlfriend's dad is a real knob when it comes to meeting celebrities. they live in the suburbs but whenever they come into the city they take her / us out to restaurants along rush street, which is not necessarily where we spend a lot of time ourselves. i guess there have been a few instances in the past where they've seen detroit red wings players @ places like big bowl, carmine's, etc. and her dad turns into a total fanboy and asks them for a picture / autographs, whatever. glad i haven't been there to witness that sort of thing.