It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruce Levine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 am 

I sampled Hit and Run yesterday for about an hour. Bruce spent a good portion of that time supporting management in its various forms throughout baseball. Hendry, KW, Hahn, Theo, Bud, etc. all were championed at one time or another in that hour but he really went all in with "Reinsdorf has won one championship in 30 years, and that is GREAT". The f? I was sure the first part of the statement was ushering in some JR criticism but Bruce actually said that it is a great track record.

Post subject: Re: Bruce Levine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Mr. Reinsdorf.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Tribesmen are thick as thieves.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you can't say that. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I did not hear the show, but I automatically support this nomination. He's a douche.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bruce has spent decades developing relationships with management. Yes, he kisses some serious ass, but that is why he gets all those people on his show regularly. If he chose Mike North's style, he might be more entertaining (he would) but he would not get a lot of those people on his show. People make choices and he made his. I like his show, but recognize your criticism as legitimate as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Look, if you go strictly on World Series wins, Reinsdorf is an average to below average owner. If you factor in that the team has been one of the most consistent winners over the past thirty years, I think you can make an argument that he has been good, just not great. You can fairly criticize Reinsdorf without worrying about not having friends in the business. Gotta agree with GD on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Bruce sucks up to management on all levels....jewish or not...he enjoys his access to the free meals and interviews.

However, never heard Mr. Ricketts addressed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Just fucking awful , I thought ESPN won the war when they dumped Bruce and Harry ..addition by subtraction . I bet he wears knee pads in the clubhouse ..no shame .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Reinsdorf calling Harry and Jimmy "Scum of the Earth" after the Sox won their division is always the first thing I think of when his name is mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:36 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Reinsdorf calling Harry and Jimmy "Scum of the Earth" after the Sox won their division is always the first thing I think of when his name is mentioned.

Jerry is a vengeful ruler.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
These guys make their living this way. This isn't some wonk at the bar who has no life other than pontificating about baseball and being ignored after 5 minutes. These wonks are being PAID to be wonks.

DWEEBS NEED JOBS, TOO!!! DWEEBS LIVING THE DREAM!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am 

bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Jerry has plenty of empty seats to take his vengeance out on at Sox Park.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:42 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

He doesnt care anymore. Remember, he doesnt pay for those empty seats. WE DO. Thus you get Brooks Boyers Polish Heritage Night for the first 750 people who claim to be polish!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:50 am 

bigfan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

He doesnt care anymore. Remember, he doesnt pay for those empty seats. WE DO. Thus you get Brooks Boyers Polish Heritage Night for the first 750 people who claim to be polish!

The latest!!!!!! Season Ticket Holder Bonus Points. If I can get asses in my seats 100% of the games, I can get 5% off my season ticket bill for next year. If I get them used between 80 and 85% of the time, I get 1% off my next invoice.

Since most of us with brains sell off great amounts of tickets BEFORE the season so we don't EAT THE $$$$$, this BONUS PROGRAM is yet another example of the STUPIDITY on 35th Street.

Perhaps Sox Season ticket holders will donate tickets to the Department of Mental Health at Elgin so they can have field trips??? Damn, I need that 1% off!!!

Currently I am proud to say my season tickets have been used less than 65% and I have all my money out. My people have some sense. This is SEASON 2 of me not using my own tickets. Screw their annual shit show.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
bigfan wrote:
Thus you get Brooks Boyers Polish Heritage Night for the first 750 people who claim to be polish!

Fucking Ukranians better not try any shenanigans. Or shenanigans-skis.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
bigfan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

My grandmother was Lithuanian, which in Lithuanian basically means "Polish".

I'm in!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 am 

[quote="Minooka Meatball]
He doesnt care anymore. Remember, he doesnt pay for those empty seats. WE DO. Thus you get Brooks Boyers Polish Heritage Night for the first 750 people who claim to be polish![/quote]

My grandmother was Lithuanian, which in Lithuanian basically means "Polish".

I'm in![/quote]

The Kingdom of Poland and Lithuania was once the power of Europe under King Wladyslaw Jagiello. He subsequently founded Jagiellonian University, where Copernicus did his greatest work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 pm 

The number of promotions, programs, events and carnival crap really doesnt jive with the whole "our fans are here to watch games" thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
bigfan wrote:
The number of promotions, programs, events and carnival crap really doesnt jive with the whole "our fans are here to watch games" thing.

see how well those promotions work? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:13 pm 

bigfan wrote:

They have nothing compared to other teams I've sampled. The Cubs seem to have some high quality giveaway every day. The Brewers are packed with giveaways. The Pirates appear to have a decent talent, post game concert in the park after every Friday night game and giveaways all the time. Sox give something away to 1,000 people. They would be more effective just giving stuff out at Daley Center at lunchtime.

Post subject: Re: Zuce Zaidine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
good dolphin wrote:
I sampled Hit and Run yesterday for about an hour. Bruce spent a good portion of that time supporting management in its various forms throughout baseball. Hendry, KW, Hahn, Theo, Bud, etc. all were championed at one time or another in that hour but he really went all in with "Reinsdorf has won one championship in 30 years, and that is GREAT". The f? I was sure the first part of the statement was ushering in some JR criticism but Bruce actually said that it is a great track record.

you know i'm glad i came across this post/thread here cuz this morning i heard a bit of RED ALERT in for mully i think, and he was going on about how jerry reinsdorf has been such a great owner for chicago with the 6 bulls champiuonships and the white sox championship 10 years ago..... plus you KNOW he's all about loyalty and therefore he would be a FANTASTIC man to work for and rah rah rah. i was like "holy shit the dan bernstein effect is in full, well, effect!"

i know that as sportstalk has embarked on its journey as "the little medium that could" it's gone from "the voice of the fan" to "the voice of the owner/s" and MONEY TALKS / BULLSHIT E-MAILS IN CRAPS ON THURSDAYS and all that, but still it's like..... holy shit don't the teams have their own legitimate PR stuff and they've bought the airtime b4 and after their games on flagship homes of the chicago [team] radio network and rah rah rah..... i guess it just goes to show that whatever DIY spirit was left in the 90s when people used to be able to cram into a little shithole on belmont and do populist sportstalk is long dead/gone/etc in favor of mega-corporate media empires realizing sportstalk proved itself viable way back in the "voice of the fan" days so they had to buy up all the stations and incorporat them into theor endless media portfolios and then once that happens you're obviously going to buddy-buddy up with the owners because once those media monoliths buy out all the stations of a certin format, in this case sports talk, they know they'll always have enough listeners to be viable because hell that's why they bought it in the first place.... so now you just gotta jump in bed with the people who MATTER and give your sponsors a little reacharound action while toting the team/company line because holy shit it's like phil emery told us it's all about #synergy these days.

and yes, we all know jerry reinsdorf would be a GGREAT boss. and in the end isn't that what it's really about? who wants to be michael jordan having to run up and down the court all day when you can be a big fat lump that sits in a chair and know you have 100% power over the guy because YOU ARE HIS BOSS? that's the dream. thank you beerstain for waking me up to the truth of it iall!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 pm 

The more things change the more they remain the same. Wrigley started out by selling gum as a premium in a box of washing powder. Television comes along and changes the dynamic by which the game is viewed with the rest of media (radio, print) taking a back seat. We go from an intrinsic evolution where one part of a loosely vertical entity mutually enhances the other and subsequently one acquires the other. Along the way the speed of communication surpasses the speed of the game creating new, virtual fans. Then the whole thing is bought to be re-packaged again (Zell). Now, we're entering the new/old relationship where the teams/broadcasters are embedded and opinion has been bought out along the main arteries of communication.

Levine has to earn a living, he trades his persona for information and vice-versa. I prefer hard information more than his speculative opinions. Too many ask for the latter (across most media) as opposed to the former. Boring? Ignorantly reading stats from some abstract is always boring, followed closely by reading from a sports almanac, and a growing number look to direct the discussion by citing such. At least with Bruce I trust his eyes and ears more than far too many others who lack of either.