It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: AmeriKKKa
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I just saw the night news. Trump said it's bad. What else was he supposed to do?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
I just saw the night news. Trump said it's bad. What else was he supposed to do?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/8 ... 1284555776

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/8 ... 9440407553

chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good thread. Probably because it avoided the weekday posters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/8 ... 1284555776

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/8 ... 9440407553

It seems everyone thinks it's bad? Are people (Trump) cheerleaders for this?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Good thread. Probably because it avoided the weekday posters

Shots fired at JORR

A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I've lived 25 years in Illinois, 1 year split between Kentucky and Missouri, 3 years in Louisiana, 1 year in Texas, 1/2 year in North Dakota.

Jbills made me feel like I needed to mention that. Having said that, I very much disagree with the description of the average rural town in this thread. It's fucking outrageous to say the average rural American is racist.

It's not outrageous.

Sorry to make you feel like you gotta qualify my thoughts.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Most people don't want them, but I just watched "Get Out" for the first time. My racial sensitivities seem to be heightened.

Nobody in this thread has said racism doesn't exist or racism isn't a problem. The debate is on how racist rural America is vs urban America. My experience in both situations is they are minimal. Maybe your experience is the difference is very significant and problematic. That's fine. We're all just shooting from the hip here on our experiences that form our opinions. No need for anyone to apologize or feel uncomfortable or whatever in this discussion.

Definitely not my experience. But its not naziish its less than that. Quiet racism

Id guess a solid 80% of people in areas I grew up probably refer to black people as n****** a good amount of time when in the right company

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm 

Not sure where you grew up but I feel VERY(means more than you) confident 80% of white rural Louisianans don't refer to black people as n******

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm 

It's good to know that in our country every conservative is goose stepping and migrating south for the big next civil war.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 pm 

pittmike wrote:
It's good to know that in our country every conservative is goose stepping and migrating south for the big next civil war.

You're smarter than that mike. Just like every liberal isn't a flag burning commie who wants to eradicate white men.

pizza_Place: It's gone
So why didnt the cops shoot the driver? If he looked like a Muslim I bet he would have had 100 rounds in him.

So if these guys go to the next level and start doing car bombs and blowing up synagogue's Trump actually going to something?

FavreFan wrote:
Not sure where you grew up but I feel VERY(means more than you) confident 80% of white rural Louisianans don't refer to black people as n******

Fuck you. I spent the early 90's in Georgia just trying to survive with my brothers. Yeah we were fine...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fuck you. I spent the early 90's in Georgia just trying to survive with my brothers. Yeah we were fine...

One of us is too drunk for me to understand what this means. But I'm picking up what you're dropping down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I won't argue in favor of 80%, but I'd assert that the number is higher than you'd feel comfortable with.

After all David Duke did/still does good numbers down there outside of Orleans Parish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:59 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I won't argue in favor of 80%, but I'd assert that the number is higher than you'd feel comfortable with.

After all David Duke did/still does good numbers down there outside of Orleans Parish

100% wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable. I'm fine with these discussions.

Does Duke poll at 80%?

I'm not here to argue that racism is a problem. I will argue there's not a significant difference between the number of racist people in the north and south though. With the north it's elegant racism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Does Duke poll at 80%?

I'm not here to argue that racism is a problem. I will argue there's not a significant difference between the number of racist people in the north and south though. With the north it's elegant racism.

Outside of the rural North, yes I agree. People are so segregated in Chicago they forget about it IMO.

I think it was bigger than that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Does Duke poll at 80%?

Nationwide I'd say 15-20%, but for rural Louisiana Alabama Mississippi and Georgia I'd think 33-40% is roughly the number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Does Duke poll at 80%?

Nationwide I'd say 15-20%, but for rural Louisiana Alabama Mississippi and Georgia I'd think 33-40% is roughly the number

I think 30% is a solid estimation and doesn't fluctuate much based on state. I'd say it's slightly higher in southern statements but very slightly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Ok. Ive never been.

I went to a small Catholic grade school. 13 boys in class. I heard that word out of 9 of the 13s parents (as a grade school kid btw)

The other 4 was the Filipino guy, Mexican guy and two white guys

These levels seemed to remain consistent over 30 years living or going to school in Orland, Beverly, Oak Forest, Olympia Fileds, Tinley and Oak Lawn

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 am 

So you guys think 70% of white people never use the word?

Id love to believe that but difficult with what Ive heard all my life.

Again im not talking white supremacists. Im talking in the garage having a few beers with neighbors and telling a story and using that word (usually in hushed tones) to describe black people

At our softball pool party 2 dads did it talking about kids at our daughters school. Whispered for the kids sake so they didnt hear (really nice)

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
So you guys think 70% of white people never use the word?

Id love to believe that but difficult with what Ive heard all my life.

Again im not talking white supremacists. Im talking in the garage having a few beers with neighbors and telling a story and using that word (usually in hushed tones) to describe black people

At our softball pool party 2 dads did it talking about kids at our daughters school. Whispered for the kids sake so they didnt hear (really nice)

I'd agree with that.

In my neighborhood growing up in the 70s and 80s, everyone used it. Very, very few would ever actually say it to a black person's face, but everyone (males, females, adults, kids) said it. Something happened in the late 80s or early 90s where the people I knew backed off. Whether it was guilt or the social pushback people got from using the word, or something else, I don't know, though both were obviously involved. I remember being shocked in 1992 when Carol Mosley-Braun won the Senator's race and a few guys I knew said it.

So coded today. Or whispered, as you said. People (usually whites) sometimes poke around in conversation to see if they can say something racist. Besides, the US is much more diverse than it was thirty years ago, and so the situation has gotten more complex.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Everyone is somewhat racist and not just white people, all races are. It's only normal as a human being. Whenever someone says to me "I'm not racist at all", I can't help but roll my eyes. C'mon. Stop with that bullshit.

Usually feels like they"re trying to convince themselves more than anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ok. Ive never been.

I went to a small Catholic grade school. 13 boys in class. I heard that word out of 9 of the 13s parents (as a grade school kid btw)

These levels seemed to remain consistent over 30 years living or going to school in Orland, Beverly, Oak Forest, Olympia Fileds, Tinley and Oak Lawn

For real? 9/13 white people you meet in those towns say n****** in casual conversation? That's insane to me. Maybe it is worse up here then down south.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Using the word "racists" is too narrow.

I will use my brother as an example. Deep down, my brother isn't "racist", but he has allowed himself to be convinced that we need to "MAGA" by not allowing in immigrants, etc etc. I have no doubt that if I called him today, he'd be defending the white supremacists. There are A LOT of people like that, even if they're not actively participating.

And my brother makes denis look like a pauper. It's amazing that he thinks that way considering how good he has it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
formerlyknownas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What are we even talking about here? Are there really people "siding" with white nationalists? They have the right to express their opinion, and if this was just about a Robert Lee statue, fine... but these people are wearing swastikas. Are we that far removed so that we have become numb to such symbolism? These people are wearing a sign that represents one of the most gut-wrenching and saddening times in the history of the world and easily the most saddening of modern times. How, in any way, can that kind of thing be defended? These people should be condemned. They have a right to free speech, but celebrating a Nazi symbol on American soil is as close to treason as anything I can come up with.

And fuck all of you who try to act like it's "just a few people" or that "these are just the idiots." That's what people have always said throughout history before mass ignorance took hold and groups of people were being burned on crosses and sent to gas chambers. That level of cynicism is sickening.

Meh. Not an apt comparison. Not even close. That sort of hyperbole takes away from the real discussion.

Edit--Sheesh, I missed an entire page. Ignore this. Still hyperbole and not relevant . . . though saying that does sort of insulate those who would use violence to achieve their means.

I disagree. I'm not suggesting we're on the doorstep of another Holocaust, but people forget what that symbol represented and what it was a part of. That "movement" started small too. Just look at how many people in this very thread are basically supporting the white supremacists.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
leashyourkids wrote:

I will use my brother as an example. Deep down, my brother isn't "racist", but he has allowed himself to be convinced that we need to "MAGA" by not allowing in immigrants, etc etc. I have no doubt that if I called him today, he'd be defending the white supremacists. There are A LOT of people like that, even if they're not actively participating.

And my brother makes denis look like a pauper. It's amazing that he thinks that way considering how good he has it.

Hahaha. And yet I live in a crumbling house!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:

Big pig farmer I know is a huge trump fan. I'd say he has 20 illegal immigrants that work for him. There is a level of disconnect there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ok. Ive never been.

For real? 9/13 white people you meet in those towns say n****** in casual conversation? That's insane to me. Maybe it is worse up here then down south.

Id say I heard it a lot in 80's and it was mostly in stupid jokes that the kids probably didn't know better. In the 90's I only heard a guy born in the 40's and one from the 30's use it. The younger guy consistently with a lot of vitriol and the olde guy just very casually while telling a story about a job site problem. I'm not sure which was more disconcerting to be honest.

I hot to thinking about this st 3 or 4 when I woke up. Not sure why. I'm wondering if I didn't hear as much about it is a good percentage of my friends from say 86-96 were minorities. I mean, the Hindu kid who was my best friend hated Sikhs and was wary of Pakistanis but beyond that I can't think of anything really concrete except for maybe the one Muslim kid who didn't get along with the Jewish kids. I think that was his dad to be honest.

I also wonder what vibe I have given off that people I barely know feel free to say things. It's cost a couple guys sales over the years but I guess it doesn't matter to them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What are we even talking about here? Are there really people "siding" with white nationalists? They have the right to express their opinion, and if this was just about a Robert Lee statue, fine... but these people are wearing swastikas. Are we that far removed so that we have become numb to such symbolism? These people are wearing a sign that represents one of the most gut-wrenching and saddening times in the history of the world and easily the most saddening of modern times. How, in any way, can that kind of thing be defended? These people should be condemned. They have a right to free speech, but celebrating a Nazi symbol on American soil is as close to treason as anything I can come up with.

And fuck all of you who try to act like it's "just a few people" or that "these are just the idiots." That's what people have always said throughout history before mass ignorance took hold and groups of people were being burned on crosses and sent to gas chambers. That level of cynicism is sickening.

Meh. Not an apt comparison. Not even close. That sort of hyperbole takes away from the real discussion.

Edit--Sheesh, I missed an entire page. Ignore this. Still hyperbole and not relevant . . . though saying that does sort of insulate those who would use violence to achieve their means.

I disagree. I'm not suggesting we're on the doorstep of another Holocaust, but people forget what that symbol represented and what it was a part of. That "movement" started small too. Just look at how many people in this very thread are basically supporting the white supremacists.

I support their right to have their idiot march. I think engaging idiots who are looking for a fight is idiotic ( unless it's BRick or Julie) Punching a Nazi in the jaw isn't going to make them stop what they're doing or change their belief system. Comparing this to Nazi Germany and how it started isn't apt .

A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Danica's Pit Stop
Good thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next