It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jbi11s wrote:
JoRR is about to tap out. You guys have him on the ropes!!! Don't let him get back up.

No worries about that. Juice and BR are at the top of their games. Impressive work by both.

Any person could perform an abortion a mere second before delivery. And that person would be committing murder. I think the law is as clear as day, and I doubt any legit doctor would ever risk jail time to just perform an abortion at 30 weeks at the mere desire of the woman. In fact, don't we often accuse doctors of performing defensive medicine and ordering too many tests to simply avoid legal liability questioning their judgment? Why would it be any different with this procedure?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
JoRR is about to tap out. You guys have him on the ropes!!! Don't let him get back up.

No worries about that. Juice and BR are at the top of their games. Impressive work by both.

Any person could perform an abortion a mere second before delivery. And that person would be committing murder. I think the law is as clear as day, and I doubt any legit doctor would ever risk jail time to just perform an abortion at 30 weeks at the mere desire of the woman. In fact, don't we often accuse doctors of performing defensive medicine and ordering too many tests to simply avoid legal liability questioning their judgment? Why would it be any different with this procedure?

Because Obama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm 

Because Trump. I can't even believe the shit we're arguing about now. But I recognized it for what it was right away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This may be slightly off the current discussion but what about the docs that previously were the performers of partial birth abortion? I mean there must be some docs that fought very hard to retain that right to perform those. Now that they are banned does it not stand to reason some on the fringes would still do very late abortions in that manner?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:52 pm 

PM, they just make sure the expectant mother is properly anchored to the 8th floor balcony. That way, she can drop the fetus/baby straight down and let gravity do all the work. You take a class on tying good knots, and you're all set.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
PM, they just make sure the expectant mother is properly anchored to the 8th floor balcony. That way, she can drop the fetus/baby straight down and let gravity do all the work. You take a class on tying good knots, and you're all set.

:lol: Good points. As I said it was tangential but I figured there had to be a handful of zealots in the entire nation to do illegal procedures.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: Good points. As I said it was tangential but I figured there had to be a handful of zealots in the entire nation to do illegal procedures.

I'm sure there are.

The point I was focusing on was that it is not legal to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:05 pm 

pittmike wrote:
This may be slightly off the current discussion but what about the docs that previously were the performers of partial birth abortion? I mean there must be some docs that fought very hard to retain that right to perform those. Now that they are banned does it not stand to reason some on the fringes would still do very late abortions in that manner?
No. Why would they risk losing their license or jail? They had plenty of skills that would still be legal.

As I said, OBs are getting questioned or even in trouble for doing too many C-sections. If there was a doctor with a huge amount of late term abortions he would be under constant investigation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I also have bad news for you, if you are going down this route, then even if you banned abortions completely, these rare cases would still exist as it would be malpractice to let the mother and child die while waiting for a time in which actual birth could take place.

Yeah, but if those mothers are doing it right, they're leaving it in the hands of God and their chiropractor. Nothing can go wrong in that case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianna_Beretta_Molla

Not a chiropractor though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:08 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I also have bad news for you, if you are going down this route, then even if you banned abortions completely, these rare cases would still exist as it would be malpractice to let the mother and child die while waiting for a time in which actual birth could take place.

Yeah, but if those mothers are doing it right, they're leaving it in the hands of God and their chiropractor. Nothing can go wrong in that case.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
No. Why would they risk losing their license or jail? They had plenty of skills that would still be legal.

As I said, OBs are getting questioned or even in trouble for doing too many C-sections. If there was a doctor with a huge amount of late term abortions he would be under constant investigation.

As I said it is extremely rare I am sure but zealots are zealots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the partial birth abortion bans are unenforceable. I'll wait for Juice to give us his interpretations of the Carhart decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:34 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the partial birth abortion bans are unenforceable. I'll wait for Juice to give us his interpretations of the Carhart decisions.
Why aren't they enforceable?

Unless you want doctors to watch the mother and child die rather than intervene then you'll see them as needed in very rare circumstances even if you banned abortion completely.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Why aren't they enforceable?

Unless you want doctors to watch the mother and child die rather than intervene then you'll see them as needed in very rare circumstances even if you banned abortion completely.

They've been struck down in many states.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm 

For a very good reason as I mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think folks are picking the wrong battles here. Abortion at any stage should be 100% illegal unless absolutely needed to save the mother's life or in cases of rape. Bickering about viability, stress, and how many weeks pregnant is missing the point, imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I think folks are picking the wrong battles here. Abortion at any stage should be 100% illegal unless absolutely needed to save the mother's life or in cases of rape. Bickering about viability, stress, and how many weeks pregnant is missing the point, imo.

Viability is a major point.

Why is there no case that the mother also has the right to control her own body especially very early on?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Viability is a major point.

Why is there no case that the mother also has the right to control her own body especially very early on?

That's a bad talking point. None of us have complete control of our own bodies. Many things are regulated regarding what we can and cannot do with it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FavreFan wrote:

50 pages

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
That's a bad talking point. None of us have complete control of our own bodies. Many things are regulated regarding what we can and cannot do with it.
That's not a very Libertarian point of view.

I'll remember that the next time you complain about our drug laws though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I bet she'd make a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Huh? Im stating a fact, not a point of view, in that post.

But you would be wrong if you think being against abortion is antithetical to libertarianism. It's very much in line with it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But you would be wrong if you think being against abortion is antithetical to libertarianism. It's very much in line with it.
I honestly don't know the official stance on abortion of Libertarians. However, I am sure that "the government has the right to regulate what you can and can't do with your body" would make a real Libertarian quite concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I honestly don't know the official stance on abortion of Libertarians. However, I am sure that "the government has the right to regulate what you can and can't do with your body" would make a real Libertarian quite concerned.

Again, I wasn't stating a point of view. It's a fact that our current government already regulates our bodies. That's why it is disingenuous to use that as a pro-abortion argument. That's all.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Again, I wasn't stating a point of view. It's a fact that our current government already regulates our bodies. That's why it is disingenuous to use that as a pro-abortion argument. That's all.
Would you say the same thing about our drug laws then?

But, let's go with it. The government says some types of abortion are ok. Why aren't you cool with that? Even the government has decided that a woman should have control over her own body for a portion of pregnancy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But, let's go with it. The government says some types of abortion are ok. Why aren't you cool with that? Even the government has decided that a woman should have control over her own body for a portion of pregnancy.

And the government made a poor decision in that regard.

Being pregnant isn't really analogous to anything else like drug laws. Once you become pregnant you have a responsibility, imo, to do your best to keep that baby healthy until it is born. It's the same reason parents have more legal responsibilities than single people.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I bet she'd make a good one.

No, she wouldn't.

She is dead. She chose to give up her life so that her baby could live.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Being pregnant isn't really analogous to anything else like drug laws. Once you become pregnant you have a responsibility, imo, to do your best to keep that baby healthy until it is born. It's the same reason parents have more legal responsibilities than single people.
You're getting more reasonable. I understand completely that you think all abortion should be illegal outside of the extreme edge cases. The problem is you aren't even willing to acknowledge that a case can be made that early on in pregnancy a woman should still have a right to decide what to do with her body.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Does having sex demonstrate an intent to cause pregnancy? Can people ever have sex with pregnancy being a bona fide unintended result?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next