It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
A good polio epidemic combined with a maybe a killer flu outbreak or other resurgent virus could solve our pension issues. Old people would die off in droves. And everyone still dumb enough to smoke cigarettes--thank you, you're a true patriot. Your premature, excruciatingly slow, painful death will not be in vain!

Polio was in retreat when the virus was created.

And btw, when does the "flu season" start?

Then check when the flu virus is made.

Polio is only in retreat because of the vaccine. You do realize that the only thing that makes your philosophy tenable is that you live in a first world country where we have vaccines. If everyone refused to vaccinate his child, polio would be back with a vengeance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
A good polio epidemic combined with a maybe a killer flu outbreak or other resurgent virus could solve our pension issues. Old people would die off in droves. And everyone still dumb enough to smoke cigarettes--thank you, you're a true patriot. Your premature, excruciatingly slow, painful death will not be in vain!

Polio is only in retreat because of the vaccine. You do realize that the only thing that makes your philosophy tenable is that you live in a first world country where we have vaccines. If everyone refused to vaccinate his child, polio would be back with a vengeance.

Check the reported polio cases in 1952 v 1955. Polio was retreated by almost half over those three years.

What makes our choice tenable is the fact that we take a different approach toward health care. A proactive approach that leads to healthier children. Wee don't wait for our kids to get sick and then take them to a doctor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Vaccinations seem pretty pro-active to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:

Are you in the tourney yet?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Who knows? I'm just sitting here making plans for an NIT run. Have to have a plan B, you know?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Who knows? I'm just sitting here making plans for an NIT run. Have to have a plan B, you know?

I thought you would be an awesome 2 seed in the Cal-Berkely Regional with a winnable regional finals match up against Chus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
What is really scary is the number I've heard recently that 1 in 88 kids are now autistic. This is beyond scary. My niece was normal until getting vaccinated and shortly thereafter, became autistic and is now going to need "help" the rest of her life. She had one of those "bundled" shots with a bunch at the same time.

My kids have been vaccinated although we passed on the most recent one for girls of middle school age having to do with STD's. It hasn't been around long enough for me to trust it frankly.

The bottom line is IMO the time tested vaccines are fine, but not every vaccine that comes out is something we should blindly just inject in our kids. As to the flu vaccine, many people who die from the flu die because the flu accentuates other possible issues such as pneumonia, so that stat is deceiving.

I've never taken the flu vaccine and have no desire to do so.

But the rate of autism is beyond scary. 1 in 88 kids are now autistic? And there seems to be no answers out there.

WTF??!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Has it been proven that vaccinations cause autism?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
More and more things are under the autism spectrum than ever before too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:

No. There's not even any evidence to suggest such a connection.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

No. There's not even any evidence to suggest such a connection.

But Jenny McCarthy told me there was.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Check the reported polio cases in 1952 v 1955. Polio was retreated by almost half over those three years.

What makes our choice tenable is the fact that we take a different approach toward health care. A proactive approach that leads to healthier children. Wee don't wait for our kids to get sick and then take them to a doctor.

There are people in parts of the world that are literally dying for lack of vaccines and in America circa 2014 we have the temporary luxury of treating them as an option.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Spaulding wrote:
I disagree. I vaccinated my kids for some things but choose not to for others, I delayed some shots. It's a parent's choice and I don't blame or ridicule for what ever choice they make as long as it is an educated one not a fearful one.

Those companies often don't know the full effects of things and have lied for years about other drugs. What is to say the same thing is not at work with vaccinations? There is all sorts of crazy shit in those things.

But the choice not to vaccinate is both fearful and ill-educated.

You claim to distrust drug companies but in practicality are saying you don't trust doctors. If you don't trust your kids doctor then you should switch to one you do trust. If you don't trust any - which is essentially what your actions imply - then this whole discussion is pointless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
seacrest wrote:
I am.

Are you aware that the body's immune system creates billions of white cells a day to fight off all types of viruses?

Is this a joke?

I'm guessing it is a joke. Because if it wasn't you would apparently think that no one would need antibiotics or antiviral drugs or get a virus that the body can't fight off.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
The ignorance of people on the vaccination side of this debate harkens the Global Warming issues.

I'm going to let you in on a little FACT: not even MD's know what really happens when you deliberately alter a person's natural immunologic response and possibly mutate that person's DNA with a substance grown in fetal medium (possibly that of a non-human animal), with a myriad of other chemicals interspersed to adjuvate or preserve or otherwise solubilize the mixture.

Who is going to fund research to prove the ills?

Anyone? No. NOBODY.

Just a reminder: There is a HUGE difference between IMMUNIZATION and VACCINATION.

Also, do some reading on the "eradication": of polio. It had a whole lot more to do with people not having fecal matter in their water supply than any vaccine. Do some research on how polio spreads as well: THROUGH ASS JUICE!

Are you really suggesting that Salk's vaccine had little or nothing to do with virtually ending polio in the Western world?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The body can fight off all types of viruses, this is true. But it can not fight off all viruses. And this is an important distinction.

Q, you're my guy and all(now), but read a little less Alex Jones and NaturalNews and a little more Daniel Bier and Skeptical Libertarian. Food for thought.

Seacrest, I respect you and where you're coming from, but we wholeheartedly disagree. Here's hoping that your kids always stay completely healthy and you never have to have that road to Damascus moment in regards to vaccines and how beneficial they are.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Panther is correct in that poor sanitation is an issue in the spread of polio, but the virus exists regardless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Panther is correct in that poor sanitation is an issue in the spread of polio, but the virus exists regardless.

Well we need to work I a pink eye vaccine then. Help out poor Costas. Get on it pittmike. You work in science goddammit!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Lol I work in the same school as the great Salk but we are more cancer and HIV. Let a big ten school do pink eye. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
seacrest wrote:
I am.

Are you aware that the body's immune system creates billions of white cells a day to fight off all types of viruses?

Is this a joke?

I'm guessing it is a joke. Because if it wasn't you would apparently think that no one would need antibiotics or antiviral drugs or get a virus that the body can't fight off.

You should read up on stuff like super viruses that are a direct result of the over prescribing of antibiotics.

And I'm sure that our son looked pretty healthy when you met him. His body has been exposed to chicken pox a dozen times that I know of without ever getting sick from it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

You claim to distrust drug companies but in practicality are saying you don't trust doctors. If you don't trust your kids doctor then you should switch to one you do trust. If youdon't trust any - which is essentially what your actions imply - then this whole discussion is pointless.

No I don't trust doctors or I trust them as much as I can. Medicine is still trial and error, drs are wrong or at least not right all the time, even good ones. Western medicine tends to treat the symptom and not the illness and has a very one size fits all approach. Some drs have helped me, some have fucked up. I'm not entirely comfortable with other options.

This is a pretty good site. http://vaccines.procon.org/?gclid=CKGT3 ... MgodDzwAEg There are reasons for both sides.

A number of health problems are rising in infants and children. We don't know why. Japan does not vaccinate kids til 2 (I think). All those health problems and cases have gone down, but all the diseases they are not vaccinated against have gone up. Makes sense, but I believe it should be up to the parents to make the decision. What risk they are willing to take should be theirs and while I think they can be questioned, I don't think they should be ridiculed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

cpguy wrote:
What is really scary is the number I've heard recently that 1 in 88 kids are now autistic. This is beyond scary. My niece was normal until getting vaccinated and shortly thereafter, became autistic and is now going to need "help" the rest of her life. She had one of those "bundled" shots with a bunch at the same time.

I'm sorry to hear that cp.

That is a possible cause that has been raised more and more.

Which board member wants to offer their child for a possible study?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I disagree. I vaccinated my kids for some things but choose not to for others, I delayed some shots. It's a parent's choice and I don't blame or ridicule for what ever choice they make as long as it is an educated one not a fearful one.

Those companies often don't know the full effects of things and have lied for years about other drugs. What is to say the same thing is not at work with vaccinations? There is all sorts of crazy shit in those things.

You claim to distrust drug companies but in practicality are saying you don't trust doctors. If you don't trust your kids doctor then you should switch to one you do trust. If you don't trust any - which is essentially what your actions imply - then this whole discussion is pointless.

You mean I should just trust a bunch in white coats, that are more often than not men, with the health and well being of our children? Because they say so.

What's pointless, and I say this with all the respect I can muster, is to engage in conversations with people who make ill informed judgements and show no regard for any opinions other than their own.

Last edited by Seacrest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:37 pm 

I haven't read this whole thing as you kinda bore me with this. But let's clear up one thing for your arguments for sure. Seacrest I only mention because it was most recent post on this. Over prescribing of antibiotics is a problem.

Antibiotics NEVER work on viruses. It has nothing to do with viruses at all. Viruses are not living bacterium so anti's can't kill them like Staph for example.

Therefore, you can argue about vaccines or about anti's but not both at the same time without know this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:40 pm 

And before someone wants to jump on that Polio is a disease caused by a enterovirus. You would never know you had become infected with this until way before you already had the disease Polio.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
I haven't read this whole thing as you kinda bore me with this. But let's clear up one thing for your arguments for sure. Seacrest I only mention because it was most recent post on this. Over prescribing of antibiotics is a problem.

Antibiotics NEVER work on viruses. It has nothing to do with viruses at all. Viruses are not living bacterium so anti's can't kill them like Staph for example.

Therefore, you can argue about vaccines or about anti's but not both at the same time without know this.

What I correctly put forth is a pertinent example of a huge mistake made by the drug companies and medical establishments in this country.

It's a treatment they put forth, not some argument i conjured up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:44 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What I correctly put forth is a pertinent example of a huge mistake made by the drug companies and medical establishments in this country.

I wasn't picking on you and I thought I said that. I was simply offering facts into the post soup pot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
cpguy wrote:
What is really scary is the number I've heard recently that 1 in 88 kids are now autistic.

But the rate of autism is beyond scary. 1 in 88 kids are now autistic? And there seems to be no answers out there.

WTF??!!

A large percentage of these cases are due to our modern day excessive cleanliness. Last Summer, autism joined the growing list of modern day diseases/disorders linked to auto-immune issues.

The Econ PhD host of this podcast joked that a cottage industry would soon spring up of expectant mothers from excessively clean/safe suburbs spending their pregnancies on an operational farm; which bacteria-rich incubator seems to be a prophylactic against all manner of diseases, from peanut allergies to MS to Autism to what killed Harold Ramis and lupus and arthritis and on and on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I wasn't picking on you and I thought I said that. I was simply offering facts into the post soup pot.

I don't feel you were.

I was trying to highlight the thought put forth by another poster that I should "trust" a profession that makes lemmings look independent thinking rodents.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

cpguy wrote:
What is really scary is the number I've heard recently that 1 in 88 kids are now autistic.

WTF??!!

A large percentage of these cases are due to our modern day excessive cleanliness. Last Summer, autism joined the growing list of modern day diseases/disorders linked to auto-immune issues.

The Econ PhD host of this podcast joked that a cottage industry would soon spring up of expectant mothers from excessively clean/safe suburbs spending their pregnancies on an operational farm; which bacteria-rich incubator seems to be a prophylactic against all manner of diseases, from peanut allergies to MS to Autism to what killed Harold Ramis and lupus and arthritis and on and on.

My wife worked for two years in a special ed class.

The three kids who suffered from autism all were once happy, bright and outgoing children. All changed in a time frame of less than a month from receiving a series of vaccinations. Just like cp's family member did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next