It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:47 am 

bigfan wrote:
Not in any denial that there is binge drinking or rapes at these frats, but the thought that its because its a GREEK system or a frat is naive. Its 18 and 19 year olds being idiots and the envrionment of the party creates the environment for this to happen. Its an environment that would happen if it was or wasnt a FRAT. Close the frats and someone will buy the building, reopen it and a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds will move in, they will have big parties and people will binge drink and rapes will happen.
They won't have the special rules they are allowed to have though. If frats were just apartment buildings they'd be very different than what they are now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I was never aware of these special rules?

because when we got raided for marijuana plants, there was no special rules for the guys growing them or the SWAT team and dogs that busted down the doors.

I guess they arent aware of the special rules>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:53 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spanky wrote:
You've never heard of athletic teams having their own "separate" housing for member soy their team? I find that hard to believe.
The NCAA got rid of all athletic dorms in 1996.

At Purdue, they stayed in the dorms with other students or lived off campus and got reimbursed for it.

Great!

That's not what Hawg said. There are several different ways in which athletes have separate housing from the common student and very often they live together because they are on the same team together. It is quite common to have an entire house of athletes from the same team living together. I'm surprised you've never heard of this.

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Athletes have their own housing on campuses. I think they both need to be cleaned up but to say it is going away I just don't believe it is factual.
They do?

Not at my school or any school I know of.

You've never heard of athletic teams having their own "separate" housing for members of their team? I find that hard to believe.

It was hard to see anything over that 10ft high fence

It wasn't a problem once he got on his horse. :P

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
So, at DePaul, where they have frats that dont have houses....all these guys are more likely to be a rapist?

No, that's not how it works.

Its not saying, every frat member is more likely to rape. Its an average of rapes.

Anyway, Ive supported my position with studies, facts, and added some personal experience. Hope that's enough for you.

Your "STUDIES" say Frat Guys are 300% more likely to rape.

Seems pretty simple in 'Thats how it works"

It is simple but the conclusion you drew from it (EVERY single individual guy is more likely to rape) is not correct. Dont put that on me. I think you know what it means when a study uses percentages. Not sure why you're acting like you dont.

bigfan wrote:
and hanging at an "underground frat" places you at some dudes house drinking beers with the lights off. You even admit you didnt know it was a Frat?

No, I never said that. I said I didnt know the REAL reason (rape) they were kicked off campus because they lied and told us it was about too many parties.

Lights off? What the fuck are you talking about?

I had experiences with many frats, including one that was kicked off campus. You're not the only one who knows about frats. You dont have some special experience on this more than any of us that went to college and were involved in frats

Can you just make your case without trying to act like anyone who disagrees with you doesnt know what they're talking about?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:57 am 

spanky wrote:
That's not what Hawg said. There are several different ways in which athletes have separate housing from the common student and very often they live together because they are on the same team together. It is quite common to have an entire house of athletes from the same team living together. I'm surprised you've never heard of this.
Hawg said they have their own housing on campuses. That is factually incorrect unless the athletic department is violating NCAA rules.

Off campus of course they do just like anyone can live with anyone.

This isn't an argument. It just a fact. Choose a different battle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hawg said they have their own housing on campuses. That is factually incorrect unless the athletic department is violating NCAA rules.

Off campus of course they do just like anyone can live with anyone.

This isn't an argument. It just a fact. Choose a different battle.

Desperate people fall back on semantics when all else fails.
Unless of course you meant that frats are on campus housing this whole time?
Because they aren't. That was the discussion he was having - comparing frats to athlete housing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
bigfan wrote:
TEST BANK....lol...

There hasnt been a test bank in a frat in 30 years.

Again, you're full of shit. Way out of your element on this one.

When you refer to DePaul fraternities you've already disqualified yourself from this discussion.

You're bringing up examples from 25-30 years ago. Mine are from 5-7 years ago from a university with a large greek system.

Both my cousin and my younger brother were in fraternities at U of I within the last 7 years. I had many friends in frats at Indiana and declined joining a few.

I'll use my EXPERIENCE over yours all day anyday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was in one for about a year and a half before realizing what a waste of time and money it was. The only part I missed was the readily availble butt sexx.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 am 

spanky wrote:
Desperate people fall back on semantics when all else fails.
Unless of course you meant that frats are on campus housing this whole time?
Because they aren't. That was the discussion he was having - comparing frats to athlete housing
You are the worst. Why do I constantly have to go over things with you? You are by far the worst poster I deal with on here since every single time I have to prove things that you could simply have read and understood the first time.

Note the bold text.
Hawg Ass wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
To me your first sentence describes a lot of college campuses in general though, not just the Greek life.
The fraternity system is designed to foster an environment that makes it easier to accomplish and be hidden from public view. They live in a self made bubble and even have special relationships with the university that other organizations and people don't have.

The things the frat guys got away with would have gotten anyone else on campus arrested, kicked off university property, or even kicked out of the university.

If fraternities are just like any other organization why do they operate under a different set of rules than any other campus organization?

It sounds like you just described athletic departments too.

Then this.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nothing at all, just that it is not just frats that may get some special treatment.
They do though, even more than the athletic department.

It really comes down to what frats get away with in terms of housing. Athletes live in the dorms or off campus.

This was also said before you even entered the thread.
Quote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Purdue, the frats would even be open about what they could do and the university or the cops couldn't touch them. There were all these weird rules even though it was technically university property.

So, if by semantics, you mean the whole point from the beginning, then yes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
I was in one for about a year and a half before realizing what a waste of time and money it was. The only part I missed was the readily availble butt sexx.

I'm sure there were bath houses nearby you could've continued your quest on Hatch.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:07 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
bigfan wrote:
TEST BANK....lol...

When you refer to DePaul fraternities you've already disqualified yourself from this discussion.

You're bringing up examples from 25-30 years ago. Mine are from 5-7 years ago from a university with a large greek system.

Both my cousin and my younger brother were in fraternities at U of I within the last 7 years. I had many friends in frats at Indiana and declined joining a few.

You mean you actual lack of experience, as you were not actually a member but yet you spent all this time in them, had friends and family in them and know pretty much everything about them?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:08 am 

To think a major athletic univeristy exists without housing that is intended for elite athletes is naive as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:13 am 

bigfan wrote:
To think a major athletic univeristy exists without housing that is intended for elite athletes is naive as well.
They put them in nice dorms no doubt but 50% of it has to be non-athletes.

Off campus they can't really control but "officially" they can only reimburse them for so much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
rogers park bryan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
hazing YES

binge drinking no

rape Not even close...as a guy who lived in a coed dorm at dePaul and a frat at Arizona....had many more issues in the dorm

That's your personal experience. Im not sure that's true overall. In fact, Im pretty sure its not.

Yeah, not buying this. Unless your dorm room floors were all buddy-buddy, every dorm floor I lived had snitches--both university/college affiliated & paid and unofficial bitches who'd drop a dime on ya if you so much as let your morning alarm clock buzz a little too long. Nevermind if you slipped it in the wrong way with some girl and she squealed too loud.

Any kind of drama on the dorm floor and every dorm room door got cracked open a slice and people got quiet so they could eavesdrop on a couple fighting or fucking too loud or what have you.

Tho one time I recall this frat-party hook up chick didn't wanna leave and so I took her pile of discarded clothes and shoes and threw them down the stairs. She still refused to leave, "now i have to stay cuz I'm not going out without my clothes" So I picked her up and carried her in her underwear and t-shirt down the stairs and dumped her on a couch in the lobby. The RA chick was sitting in the lobby watching tv and gabbing as usual and she didn't even write me up.

I guess she didn't like the girl I was carrying/discarding. The hook-up chick could've stayed but she had on a shit-ton of some stank ass perfume that made it impossible to be around her for very long (plus her name, "Leslie", terrible). I even let her keep the 'Manatee Tech Drinking Team" t-shirt she had on of mine.

In fact, iirc, the RA chick left a small bag of cookies hanging on my door after that. This was after she nearly had me drummed off campus by writing me up and having me fined for every little thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
They put them in nice dorms no doubt but 50% of it has to be non-athletes.

Off campus they can't really control but "officially" they can only reimburse them for so much.

Good to see we agree now, I hate arguing with you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 am 

bigfan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
bigfan wrote:
TEST BANK....lol...

You mean you actual lack of experience, as you were not actually a member but yet you spent all this time in them, had friends and family in them and know pretty much everything about them?

i did not spend all my time as i wasn't a "brother". they didn't interest me. doesn't mean i don't know about them.

this is like how you aren't a white sox fan yet you know everything about them.

though, i'll step out this. i don't want to offend your "brothers" anymore. that elephant walk was a real bonding experience with your braj!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 am 

because a "FOTP" never built a facility that has some lower market 'but yet market rents" that seem to always have a vacancy for a bball player

BBall player housing at U of A, for example

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
:lol:

It's hard to go to a Big Ten university and not know a lot about frats. They are kind of a big deal at most of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:25 am 

Why are you posting pictures of Loho's condo?

Kirkwood wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
bigfan wrote:
TEST BANK....lol...

i did not spend all my time as i wasn't a "brother". they didn't interest me. doesn't mean i don't know about them.

though, i'll step out this. i don't want to offend your "brothers" anymore. that elephant walk was a real bonding experience with your braj!!!!

See you do know all about it, yet didnt want to be in it....didnt get a bid? thats OK, plenty of good clubs to join too.

Douchebag wrote:
Why are you posting pictures of Loho's condo?

You could fit Lohos condo in that LR.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:30 am 

bigfan wrote:
because a "FOTP" never built a facility that has some lower market 'but yet market rents" that seem to always have a vacancy for a bball player

BBall player housing at U of A, for example
I don't think anyone is denying that major college athletic programs have people who provide extra benefits.

Last edited by Brick on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
bigfan wrote:
]

See you do know all about it, yet didnt want to be in it....didnt get a bid? thats OK, plenty of good clubs to join too.

All I know about fraternities I learned from Deaf Frat Guy. Sounds like its mostly dudes who like to watch sports and drink beer without chicks bothering em. Nothing wrong with that. Image

Last edited by Hussra on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Hussra wrote:
bigfan wrote:
]

All I know about fraternities I learned from Deaf Fray Guy. Sounds like its mostly dudes who like to watch sports and drink beer without chicks bothering em. Nothing wrong with that. Image

All balls, dude.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:30 am 

BRick needs a break. It's getting ugly. Probably exhaustion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:05 pm 

Didnt want to start a new thread, so here....

This is even beyond the south side bigotry I grew up with. These guys are bigot's bigots

The Horrible, Bigoted Texts Traded Between San Francisco Police Officers

A passel of racist, homophobic text messages sent between at least five San Francisco police officers were released last Friday as part of a motion by the U.S. Attorney's office to deny bail to Ian Furminger, a former SFPD sergeant recently convicted on federal corruption charges and a primary actor in the series of bigoted texts.

The texts, from 2011–2012, initially implicated four current officers and Furminger—but by Monday, 10 more cops were placed under review by the SFPD's internal investigation for their alleged involvement. On Tuesday, San Francisco Dist. Attorney George Gascon announced a review of approximately 100,000 convictions for "potential bias."

The following is a sampling of the texts sent and received between the five officers, as compiled in the government's motion against Furminger (you can read the full document here):

"We got two blacks at my boys [sic] school and they are brother and sister! There cause dad works for the school district and I am watching them like hawks."
In response to a text asking "Do you celebrate quanza [sic] at your school?" Furminger wrote: "Yeah we burn the cross on the field! Then we celebrate Whitemas."
"Its [sic] worth every penny to live here [Walnut Creek] away from the savages."
"Those guys are pretty stupid! Ask some dumb ass questions you would expect from a black rookie! Sorry if they are your buddies!"
"The buffalo soldier was why the Indians Wouldnt [sic] shoot the geniuses that found for the confederate They [sic] thought they were sacred buffalo and not human."
"Gunther Furminger was a famous slave auctioneer."
"My wife has 2 friends over that don't know each other the cool one says to me get me a drink genius not knowing the other is married to one just happened right now LMFAO."
"White power."
In response to a text saying "geniuses should be spayed," Furminger wrote "I saw one an hour ago with 4 kids."
"I am leaving it like it is, painting KKK on the sides and calling it a day!"
"Cross burning lowers blood pressure! I did the test myself!"
In response to a text saying "All geniuses must fucking hang," Furminger wrote "Ask my 6 year old what he thinks about Obama."
In response to a text saying "Just boarded train at Mission/16th," Furminger wrote "Ok, just watch out for BM's" [black males].
"I hate to tell you this but my wife friend [sic] is over with their kids and her husband is black! If [sic] is an Attorney but should I be worried?" Furminger's friend, an SFPD officer, responded: "Get ur pocket gun. Keep it available in case the monkey returns to his roots. Its [sic] not against the law to put an animal down." Furminger responded, "Well said!"
In response to a text from another SFPD officer regarding the promotion of a black officer to sergeant, Furminger wrote: "Fuckin genius."
The four officers, identified as Michael Robison, 46; Noel Schwab, 49; Rain Daugherty, 40; and Michael Celis, 47, have all been placed on desk duty for the course of the internal investigation, NPR reports. All four have served the SFPD for at least 10 years.

"We pride ourselves on being a progressive city, yet we have active officers who are engaging in not only racist banter, but they were talking about killing people, referring to an African American as a 'savage,'" Jeff Adachi, a San Francisco public defender reviewing past convictions, told the Los Angeles Times. "A person does not become a racist overnight. These were officers who in some cases had over a decade of service. We need to look at all of them."

Meanwhile Furminger granted an exclusive interview to the San Francisco ABC affiliate where he insists he is not racist, telling the station, "My best friends and closest friends are all black, gay, Chinese or Asian, and Hispanic. That's who I socialize with. That's who I spend my time with." He goes on: "These were supposed to be funny, not to be broadcast on the news."

Both San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr and Mayor Edwin Lee have called for the officers' termination. (SFist has a comprehensive roundup of their, and other San Francisco public officials, statements.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:15 pm 

Quote:
Meanwhile Furminger granted an exclusive interview to the San Francisco ABC affiliate where he insists he is not racist, telling the station, "My best friends and closest friends are all black, gay, Chinese or Asian, and Hispanic. That's who I socialize with. That's who I spend my time with." He goes on: "These were supposed to be funny, not to be broadcast on the news."

kinda get what he's saying. busting balls among friends and their heritage. buuuuut, this wasn't that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ian Furminger

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82841748/horn.mp3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82841748/horn.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
If these frat boys had a father that father would be HAWG.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next