It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Seacrest should realize that a person is not allowed on this message board to have an opinion that marriage should only be defined as the union between a man and a woman.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Like I said, it is one of a thousand cites. I just copied the first link that appeared.

Hobby Lobby pays it's employees a wage.

Hobby Lobby wants to provide health insurance.

Hobby Lobby doesn't want to be required to pay for certain forms of birth control on religious grounds.

Hobby Lobby is not trying to stop their employees from buying birth control with their wages.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
They have a specific problem with directly being required to pay for some forms of birth control.

Again, they are not paying directly for birth control unless they are self-insured. They are providing a premium subsidy for the purchase of health insurance. That is where their involvement with the transaction ends.
Seacrest wrote:
What medicine that their employees buy with their checks is not at issue. And never was.

Why is it any different to Hobby Lobby if the employee uses cash provided by Hobby Lobby to purchase birth control? My point is that the original argument is just as absurd as trying to control what the employee purchases with cash. They are trying to prevent their employees from using their health insurance compensation to purchase birth control. Why does the cash become free from Hobby Lobby's beliefs but the insurance policy doesn't?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
stoneroses86 wrote:
Seacrest should realize that a person is not allowed on this message board to have an opinion that marriage should only be defined as the union between a man and a woman.

strawman alert !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:59 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hobby Lobby doesn't want to be required to pay for certain forms of birth control on religious grounds.

Hobby Lobby is not paying for any form of birth control. It is paying insurance premiums.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:00 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:

When someone posts a message disagreeing with Seacrest, that is not anywhere near the same as claiming he shouldn't be allowed a contrary opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I, and many others, are allowed to disagree. When more disagree than agree, there is no suppression, there is simply an unpopular opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Kadomony wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
They have a specific problem with directly being required to pay for some forms of birth control.

Again, they are not paying directly for birth control unless they are self-insured. They are providing a premium subsidy for the purchase of health insurance. That is where their involvement with the transaction ends.
Seacrest wrote:
What medicine that their employees buy with their checks is not at issue. And never was.

Why is it any different to Hobby Lobby if the employee uses cash provided by Hobby Lobby to purchase birth control? My point is that the original argument is just as absurd as trying to control what the employee purchases with cash. They are trying to prevent their employees from using their health insurance compensation to purchase birth control. Why does the cash become free from Hobby Lobby's beliefs but the insurance policy doesn't?

Hobby Lobby WAS being required to pay directly for some forms of birth control. On that, the government, Hobby Lobby and the Supreme Court agree.

What is absurd is requiring me as a business owner to be involved in what you do sexually and requiring me to pay directly, for what you do in your bedroom, the backseat of your car or in a field full of flowers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:05 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hobby Lobby WAS being required to pay directly for some forms of birth control. On that, the government, Hobby Lobby and the Supreme Court agree.

emphasis added
Again, citation? As far as I have seen, the only requirement is to pay part of an insurance premium. If they choose to be self-insured, then yes, they will have to pay out for birth control claims. But they can simply choose NOT to be self-insured.

Last edited by Kadomony on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:05 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
What is absurd is requiring me as a business owner to be involved in what you do sexually and requiring me to pay directly, for what you do in your bedroom, the backseat of your car or in a field full of flowers.

By refusing to do to business with someone who is gay, you are becoming involved in what someone does sexually in their bedroom, backseat of their car, or in a field full of flowers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

By refusing to do to business with someone who is gay, you are becoming involved in what someone does sexually in their bedroom, backseat of their car, or in a field full of flowers.

In actuality, the opposite is true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Kadomony wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

emphasis added
Again, citation? As far as I have seen, the only requirement is to pay part of an insurance premium. If they choose to be self-insured, then yes, they will have to pay out for birth control claims. But they can simply choose NOT to be self-insured.

Find a cite yourself.

The facts of that court case are no longer in question.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest
Jack Handy
=MATCH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Find a cite yourself.

You are the one making the claim that they are being forced to pay directly. Therefore the burden of evidence to find a cite is on you, not me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:

Come on, SR, you're allowed to have that opinion and others are allowed to disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

Kadomony wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Find a cite yourself.

You are the one making the claim that they are being forced to pay directly. Therefore the burden of evidence to find a cite is on you, not me.

The facts of the case are well known.

And because HL won, they are not being forced to pay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:14 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

I agree.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13 ... 4_olp1.pdf
Page 2 wrote:
In these cases, the owners of three closely held for-profit corporations have sincere Christian beliefs that life begins at conception and that it would violate their religion to facilitate access to contraceptive drugs or devices that operate after that point. In separate actions,they sued HHS and other federal officials and agencies (collectively HHS) under RFRA and the Free Exercise Clause, seeking to enjoin application of the contraceptive mandate insofar as it requires them to provide health coverage for the four objectionable contraceptives.

emphasis added
Hobby Lobby is arguing that it shouldn't be required to "facilitate access" to birth control. They are not even arguing they are directly paying for it. But their claim is ridiculous, as providing cash also "facilitates access" to birth control.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Kadomony wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I agree.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13 ... 4_olp1.pdf
Page 2 wrote:
In these cases, the owners of three closely held for-profit corporations have sincere Christian beliefs that life begins at conception and that it would violate their religion to facilitate access to contraceptive drugs or devices that operate after that point. In separate actions,they sued HHS and other federal officials and agencies (collectively HHS) under RFRA and the Free Exercise Clause, seeking to enjoin application of the contraceptive mandate insofar as it requires them to provide health coverage for the four objectionable contraceptives.

emphasis added
Hobby Lobby is arguing that it shouldn't be required to "facilitate access" to birth control. They are not even arguing they are directly paying for it. But their claim is ridiculous, as providing cash also "facilitates access" to birth control.

Well, the Supreme Court disagrees with your assessment and decision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:54 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Well, the Supreme Court disagrees with your assessment and decision.

And they also decided Roe v. Wade, which made abortion a constitutional right. Did that end the debate on abortion?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
YAY! More abortion and gay talk!

Yet, you clicked on the thread, read it, and felt compelled to post.

Dipshit.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
YAY! More abortion and gay talk!

Yet, you clicked on the thread, read it, and felt compelled to post.

Dipshit.

Where are you headed form dinner SH?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
I'll say it again.

Our constitution and our federal and state law allow some one to say, "I'm not in agreement because of my religion beliefs, with the concept of a gay wedding. While I respect your ability to have one, I would prefer not to cater it."

So is your problem with the Constitution or with the federal and state laws that give them that safe guard?

Could you clarify the Constitutional protection that you are referring to?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
I'm enjoying the shit out of pointing out the herd mentality that makes up most of this board.

Is the herd mentality of the board fundamentally different from the herd mentality of the Religions that allow for this type of discrimination?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'm enjoying the shit out of pointing out the herd mentality that makes up most of this board.

Is the herd mentality of the board fundamentally different from the herd mentality of the Religions that allow for this type of discrimination?

Finally! After reading nine pages, someone has the correct response to the Smartest man on the planet. Good job Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'll say it again.

Our constitution and our federal and state law allow some one to say, "I'm not in agreement because of my religion beliefs, with the concept of a gay wedding. While I respect your ability to have one, I would prefer not to cater it."

So is your problem with the Constitution or with the federal and state laws that give them that safe guard?

Apparently all of these ruling are wrong.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/02/1 ... imination/

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/02/0 ... imination/

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/01/2 ... imination/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

cont...........

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/08/2 ... rmont-inn/

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/12/0 ... broke-law/

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/08/2 ... tographer/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'll say it again.

It could be that the the position of a plaintiff is not covered by law. Or the rulings are a contradiction of the federal law signed by Clinton.

President Clinton has protected the religious freedoms Americans treasure by:
*"

Signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) — one of the most important civil rights bills for religion in American history. Supported by nearly 70 civic and religious groups, the RFRA mandates that government cannot interfere with religious practice unless health and/or safety are jeopardized. Even then, the government must pursue its interest in the manner least burdensome to religion.

You have taken the time to find these cases. How many of them involve issues where health and safety are involved?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Max Temkin
‏@MaxTemkin
Does the Religious Freedom Restoration Act allow me to refuse service to supporters of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act at Gen Con?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'll say it again.

It could be that the the position of a plaintiff is not covered by law. Or the rulings are a contradiction of the federal law signed by Clinton.

President Clinton has protected the religious freedoms Americans treasure by:
*"

Signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) — one of the most important civil rights bills for religion in American history. Supported by nearly 70 civic and religious groups, the RFRA mandates that government cannot interfere with religious practice unless health and/or safety are jeopardized. Even then, the government must pursue its interest in the manner least burdensome to religion.

You have taken the time to find these cases. How many of them involve issues where health and safety are involved?

The reason for government intervention in the federal law is clear.

These cases were all decided at the state the level I believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next