It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dennis Hastert
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
In most instances you don't need help from the church to ascertain what is good or evil.

Hurting someone even if they ask to be hurt is not doing good.

Damaging someone so that you can live out your perverted sexual fantasies is not good, that is evil.

Fairly simple stuff.

I'm not a moral relativist. I do believe there are absolute rights and wrongs. It's hard to divorce the concept of morality from religion though, since our ideas about morality have been handed down in the form of religion throughout recorded history.

An atheist can come to many, if not all of the same conclusions about morality, as someone who has been raised with religion.

It has been that way for almost 6000 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest wrote:

An atheist can come to many, if not all of the same conclusions about morality, as someone who has been raised with religion.

yea, there's pretty much no reason for religion to exist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
You gotta love old guys with no kids who think the legal age of consent should be lowered, & that 14 year olds are capable of making rational decisions when it comes to having sex with adults.

Btw, my personal favorite is people here without kids that make medical decisions for others with no knowledge of a family's medical history.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
the sun incinerating earth in short order is probably the most pleasant of potential outcomes for the human race.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Bagels wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

yea, there's pretty much no reason for religion to exist

Tell that to the families of140 million people that died in the 20th century at the hands of atheistic regimes.

Be sure to check back and let us know there thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest wrote:

Tell that to the families of140 million people that died in the 20th century at the hands of atheistic regimes.

Be sure to check back and let us know there thoughts.

i'm sure you know all of them personally, so just give me the names and i'll get started on it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:00 am 

you don't have to do that until seacrest corrects his own word usage error.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
You gotta love old guys with no kids who think the legal age of consent should be lowered, & that 14 year olds are capable of making rational decisions when it comes to having sex with adults.

Shut up, dumbfuck. You celebrate a society that sexualizes children at an early age and then you act as if they're naive babies. You're the problem and you can't even see it. You and the consumer culture you love so much causes a 14 year old to be more worldly than ever, while on a personal level you pretend that a teenager is imbued with some purity that will be magically lost a year or two later.

I guess I struck a nerve... :lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Shut up, dumbfuck. You celebrate a society that sexualizes children at an early age and then you act as if they're naive babies. You're the problem and you can't even see it. You and the consumer culture you love so much causes a 14 year old to be more worldly than ever, while on a personal level you pretend that a teenager is imbued with some purity that will be magically lost a year or two later.

So the consumer culture automatically sexualizes a child?

That doesn't seem like a sincere question and more like you want to see what I'm going to say. Because I think you know it does. We use 13 year old models to sell underwear for God's sake.

Right...so I guess old creepy fucks like you should be alllowed to diddle them then.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Scorehead wrote:

Right...so I guess old creepy fucks like you should be alllowed to diddle them then.

We both have long posting histories in this forum, dare I say, anyone reading them would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that you are far creepier than I am.

You seem incapable of having an adult discussion without invoking ad hominem and multiple other fallacies, e.g. the argument from personal experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

No. You're just a douchebag. That's a pretty widely held opinion around these parts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:15 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

No. You're just a douchebag. That's a pretty widely held opinion around these parts.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:21 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

We both have long posting histories in this forum, dare I say, anyone reading them would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that you are far creepier than I am.

You seem incapable of having an adult discussion without invoking ad hominem and multiple other fallacies, e.g. the argument from personal experience.

Your views on adults having sex with children is probably the creepiest thing ever posted on this board.
I would think twice before posting such perverted wierdness on the internets.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Your views on adults having sex with children is probably the creepiest thing ever posted on this board.
I would think twice before posting such perverted wierdness on the internets.

Because you're childish. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to have sex.

I understand that a society runs on rules, customs, and courtesies. Of course we have to put age limits on everything. You have to be 18 to vote, 21 to drink, 35 to be president. The age of consent varies from state to state. But you fail to acknowledge that these numbers are arbitrary. If all you had known your entire life was that the age of consent was 25, for example, you'd be arguing with me that 23 was too immature to consent and trying to paint me as some kind of perv. Naturally, I find that as annoying as I find you stupid.

You're confusing morality with social mores. And you're completely focused on the sexual aspects which says a lot more about you than it does about me. 120 years ago families regularly married off 14 year old daughters. But all those girls needed to know how to do was take care of a baby and kill a chicken. Navigating a more complex society is the larger reason for the changing mores. It really has little to do with consenting to relationships.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:51 am 

You're trying too hard to justify it.

Women and Girls who are molested or raped had it coming to them because of the way they dress, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:

Women and Girls who are molested or raped had it coming to them because of the way they dress, right?

Listen, I'm really not interested in sitting here trading insults with you. Unlike a lot of guys here I don't hate you. Sometimes I even agree with you.

I'm sure you agree with me that there are fourteen year olds who commit crimes and deserve to be treated as adults. Naturally, we have all kinds of age limits, but the truth is, all fourteen year olds, all 18 year olds, whatever, aren't all the same. I know 13 year old girls that I would trust to take care of a baby overnight more than some 35 year old friends I have. This conversation reminds me of something my mom liked to say: "You have to know your kid." Which meant that just because my classmate Jimmy was mature enough not to burn down the house if his parents left him alone for the weekend, she knew I might be ordering a keg as they walked out the door.

My point as it pertains to Hastert is that he may not necessarily be the predator here. Maybe the guy who is milking him for $3.5 million is actually the predator. Just because at one time Hastert apparently had the more powerful spot in the realtionship, that probably hasn't been the case over the past 25 years or so. But I will say that the more I read about this, the more it looks like this guy might be a real sicko who really did prey on young boys on multiple occasions.

As for your rape analogy, I don't see how it's pertinent here. I wouldn't blame the victim. I just don't think every teenager who has sex with an older person is a victim. I don't think that's an outre or perverse viewpoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

No underground entrance for Hastert.

The Fed made him run the gauntlet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
So he has pleaded Not Guilty. What explanation can he give that would suggest innocence? I'm sure they have a money trail to Individual A, he can't claim he was paying him as a consultant or it was a gift (due to tax implications), so the only excuse left is that he was being blackmailed (which is likely the truth anyway) and that's why he lied. Not sure if that is a valid reason for breaking the law, but it might be all he has.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Godfella wrote:

What I would give to be that pair of glasses.

Would.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
http://abc7chicago.com/774862/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5577418c04d30113b6000001&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

The arrival

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bigfan wrote:

in that video i see one smart person towards the end who is standing on something to get a view above the 50 other idiots who surrounded him with cameras over their heads

maybe he pled not guilty because they haven't been able to come to an agreement on a plea... they probably want jail time... he probably doesn't

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
"The indictment says Hastert agreed in 2010 to pay Individual A $3.5 million to "compensate for and conceal (Hastert's) prior misconduct" against that person. It says he paid $1.7 million before federal agents began scrutinizing the transactions."

If this didn't start until 2010, than this is bullshit. Whether he did it or not is a different story. Hastart was done teaching in 1981...if this victim was interested in justice, you don't wait to deal with it when you're in your 40's and furthermore extorting money isn't necessarily your best option.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
but I'll also add that Hastert has something to hide, otherwise he wouldn't have paid him...especially since he was no longer in office in 2010.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Listen, I'm really not interested in sitting here trading insults with you. Unlike a lot of guys here I don't hate you. Sometimes I even agree with you.

I'm sure you agree with me that there are fourteen year olds who commit crimes and deserve to be treated as adults. Naturally, we have all kinds of age limits, but the truth is, all fourteen year olds, all 18 year olds, whatever, aren't all the same. I know 13 year old girls that I would trust to take care of a baby overnight more than some 35 year old friends I have. This conversation reminds me of something my mom liked to say: "You have to know your kid." Which meant that just because my classmate Jimmy was mature enough not to burn down the house if his parents left him alone for the weekend, she knew I might be ordering a keg as they walked out the door.

My point as it pertains to Hastert is that he may not necessarily be the predator here. Maybe the guy who is milking him for $3.5 million is actually the predator. Just because at one time Hastert apparently had the more powerful spot in the realtionship, that probably hasn't been the case over the past 25 years or so. But I will say that the more I read about this, the more it looks like this guy might be a real sicko who really did prey on young boys on multiple occasions.

As for your rape analogy, I don't see how it's pertinent here. I wouldn't blame the victim. I just don't think every teenager who has sex with an older person is a victim. I don't think that's an outre or perverse viewpoint.

Great idea for a book or movie script. What if it never happened? All you really need is an allegation and a witness and 99% of the world will believe you. Hastert is the perfect patsy. Youth sports coach? They're all pedophiles--esp. in wrestling. White, Republican exurban male? Overwhelimingly gay-ish. That said, he sure looked like a de-frocked old queen on television. Did not win that arraignment for sure. Optics bad.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Great idea for a book or movie script. What if it never happened? All you really need is an allegation and a witness and 99% of the world will believe you. Hastert is the perfect patsy. Youth sports coach? They're all pedophiles--esp. in wrestling. White, Republican exurban male? Overwhelimingly gay-ish. That said, he sure looked like a de-frocked old queen on television. Did not win that arraignment for sure. Optics bad.

:lol: We still don't know a lot about this. Maybe the person he was paying wasn't a victim but rather someone who knew about Hastert's proclivities. My guess is that we will never know. There will likely never be a trial.

I'm sure the Feds thought they had discovered some huge political scandal with bribery at the highest levels of government and then, it turned out it was a cover up of... homosexuality.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

:lol: We still don't know a lot about this. Maybe the person he was paying wasn't a victim but rather someone who knew about Hastert's proclivities. My guess is that we will never know. There will likely never be a trial.

I'm sure the Feds thought they had discovered some huge political scandal with bribery at the highest levels of government and then, it turned out it was a cover up of... homosexuality.

Molestation is most accurate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

The fact is though, if this story were about Hillary Clinton and a 16 or 17 year old boy, it wouldn't seem nearly as "creepy". And I have my doubts most people would call it molestation. Republicans would just be thrilled that Hillary's career was over even though she would probably survive it. The homosexuality is a component.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The fact is though, if this story were about Hillary Clinton and a 16 or 17 year old boy, it wouldn't seem nearly as "creepy". And I have my doubts most people would call it molestation. Republicans would just be thrilled that Hillary's career was over even though she would probably survive it. The homosexuality is a component.

It's a component because Uncle Denny preyed on, and molested a boy, not a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Not mutually exclusive, I am sure we can agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Since this has been brought up now why is it taboo to point out homosexuality in a lot of predators especially priests? The main stream society seems to pooh pooh that there has to be homosexuality involved. Maybe it just stands out but there seems to be a lot of men molesting boys and I have never once heard a story of a priest with a girl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next