It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This is America. Wear what you want. Even blackface. Or headdresses. You have ZERO right not to be offended. If offensiveness is the standard for outlawing attire, I demand the immediate discontinuation of Crocs and Birkenstocks. I find both highly offensive.

Just don't say that transgender women exist. :lol:

You can say what you want. It just doesn't make it true. And don't demand that I believe it.
There is a large segment of the population that has gone nuts for even acknowledging that they exist.

What do you mean by "exist"? That there are crazy people? Yeah, crazy people exist. That there are women who are born in male bodies? No, those don't exist.

You seem to be ignoring the point that many are offended by the fact that people and even some businesses acknowledge that they do exist.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If you don't think the kid can dress as an Indian, then I'm assuming you are demanding Kansas City change their name today.

I wouldn't really care either way. It's a lot better than Redskins. It's more like having a team called the Generals as it is just a generic term for a leader of a group.

I will still stick with my opinion that a non-Native American shouldn't dress as a Native American for pretty much any reason.

That's why I don't think black people should wear jeans. Only Jews should wear the creation of the great Levi Strauss. Go on, shakes, get your denim on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This is America. Wear what you want. Even blackface. Or headdresses. You have ZERO right not to be offended. If offensiveness is the standard for outlawing attire, I demand the immediate discontinuation of Crocs and Birkenstocks. I find both highly offensive.

Just don't say that transgender women exist. :lol:

You can say what you want. It just doesn't make it true. And don't demand that I believe it.
There is a large segment of the population that has gone nuts for even acknowledging that they exist.

What do you mean by "exist"? That there are crazy people? Yeah, crazy people exist. That there are women who are born in male bodies? No, those don't exist.

You seem to be ignoring the point that many are offended by the fact that people and even some businesses acknowledge that they do exist.

I'm not sure "offended" is the right word. I believe most people just think it's idiotic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not sure "offended" is the right word. I believe most people just think it's idiotic.

People went crazy over Bud Light for sending a transgender woman a six pack.

Spaulding still brings it up constantly that I think that transgender woman is a logical and valid way to describe a person who lives that way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think what bothered Bud Light drinkers about that is that they supported and purchased a product for years and the corporation made it clear that they weren't the kind of customers the brand wanted.

It would be like if Bette Midler decided to do a free concert and gave the tickets away at a Teamsters convention. I'm sure her homosexual fanbase would, at a minimum, be scratching their heads if they weren't completely offended.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bud Light drinkers call it a tranny beer all while denying that trannies exist. Hmm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Can I still derisively refer to people as Chief?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think what bothered Bud Light drinkers about that is that they supported and purchased a product for years and the corporation made it clear that they weren't the kind of customers the brand wanted.

It would be like if Bette Midler decided to do a free concert and gave the tickets away at a Teamsters convention. I'm sure her homosexual fanbase would, at a minimum, be scratching their heads if they weren't completely offended.
I agree that some Bud Light drinkers were offended and boycotted that way. I don't think you said "You have ZERO right to be offended" to them though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Remember when IRS tried to tax Tanaka’s headdress?

That moment sowed seeds of distrust in the federal government that arguably led directly to January 6th. Let’s not do the same to this kid lest we have an even worse insurrection in 30 years.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

did not expect a bette midler reference today

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I agree that some Bud Light drinkers were offended and boycotted that way. I don't think you said "You have ZERO right to be offended" to them though.

Everyone has a right to be offended. They don't have a right to demand others accommodate them though. Boycott your favorite beer if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: The Forum
We got a Bette Midler and a "Chief," but no Don Cooper?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Everyone has a right to be offended. They don't have a right to demand others accommodate them though. Boycott your favorite beer if you want.
Isn't the very concept of a boycott demanding others accommodate your own beliefs?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick's mental gymnastics of what is offending to Native Americans and what is "acceptable" is entertaining to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Can I still derisively refer to people as Chief?

Sure, white boy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he's a known troll who says outlandish nonsense for clicks. mission accomplished with that "blog"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Isn't the very concept of a boycott demanding others accommodate your own beliefs?

Not really. There are other beers people can drink. Accommodate who you want. That's called marketing/advertising.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Not really. There are other beers people can drink. Accommodate who you want. That's called marketing/advertising.

So we are both fans of the current wave of corporate cancel culture!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
That's certainly a poor way to frame what it was but it's also a pretty bad look for the kid.

I thought the kid looked pretty awesome.

Like the MAGA Shaman, we can appreciate how awesome he looked even if we agree that his motivation was misplaced.

What do you think his motivation was?

To look like a Native American.

Yep. that is it. Remember all of the bullshit laid on the Washington football team demanding that their logo was racist? Now the native americans in the US are demanding that the Washington team be renamed the Redskins once again. Waiting now for some trans idiot protests the Blackhawks name and symbol and gets that pussy mayor to push for it also.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've never been a fan of advertising. I think it's the root of many social ills in modern capitalist societies. But if a potential customer is put off by a corporation's advertising choices, I wouldn't call that "cancel culture." It's simply a failed advertising strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've never been a fan of advertising. I think it's the root of many social ills in modern capitalist societies. But if a potential customer is put off by a corporation's advertising choices, I wouldn't call that "cancel culture." It's simply a failed advertising strategy.

Demanding as a group that another entity caters to your own beliefs or you will boycott is exactly what cancel culture is.

Conservatives have just started doing it too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Demanding as a group that another entity caters to your own beliefs or you will boycott is exactly what cancel culture is.

Conservatives have just started doing it too.

No. "Cancel Culture" is an attempt to ostracize a person for their beliefs. Choosing where to spend one's money is not "Cancel Culture."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:31 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
No. "Cancel Culture" is an attempt to ostracize a person for their beliefs. Choosing where to spend one's money is not "Cancel Culture."

Yes, and Bud Light got ostracized by a large portion of their customer base for providing a six pack to a transgender woman.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:35 pm 

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Spaulding still brings it up constantly that I think that transgender woman is a logical and valid way to describe a person who lives that way.

Its one thing to want to dress up like a woman and fulfill your fetishes in the privacy of your own bedroom. But indoctrinating young kids into doing awful surgeries and hormones to mutilate their bodies is a totally different thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Speaking for my dearly departed Uncle Tony and Uncle Mike, they would gratiously refuse those tickets in return a couple rounds of beer at their local bar and grill. :drunken: :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:43 pm 

Bagels wrote:

My favorite wrestler was Don eagle who had an incredible Mohawk Haircut. I begged my parents to cut my hair like he did but it fell on deaf ears. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (no, my parents weren't deaf) :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:44 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Speaking for my dearly departed Uncle Tony and Uncle Mike, they would gratiously refuse those tickets in return a couple rounds of beer at their local bar and grill. :drunken: :drunken:

What would they think about you attending Cher concerts?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes, and Bud Light got ostracized by a large portion of their customer base for providing a six pack to a transgender woman.

You can't "ostracize" a product. You can simply choose not to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You can't "ostracize" a product. You can simply choose not to use it.
So I guess Roseanne losing her show wasn't Cancel Culture either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next