It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tucker Carlson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
a genius wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
so true. i was ok with the interview until it happened. not only did tucker give the sloppiest blowjob of his life, putin even said the interview sucked. He probably is thinking 'does this asshole really believe our propaganda?'

I am confused. In this thread you told us several times that Putin was dead. Carlson interviewed a dead guy and still lost?

If you're gonna interview a dead Putin, forget Vlad, go for Ras

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:51 am 

Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
He was pandering. I don't think you need to shit on America to accomplish that. Americans hating America is in.

He’s kind of pushing the limits when he gets into the better food, etc.

That’s straight up “move to Russia” territory.

Yeah, the food thing was complete bullshit. Putin doesn't believe that.

I'm guessing there is some truth to it. It's like going to a 5 star resort in the Dominican Republic and then coming back and saying "The Dominican Republic has better food than anywhere in America". I doubt Tucker was going on the Russia version of Yelp to find a local Italian restaurant after he met with Putin. I'm guessing he had a Russian tour guide with an unlimited food budget.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
He was pandering. I don't think you need to shit on America to accomplish that. Americans hating America is in.

Eastern European food is very good if you like meat and starches. There is a lot of French influence in the upper class dishes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:54 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Eastern European food is very good if you like meat and starches. There is a lot of French influence in the upper class dishes

Yeah, and if it's not good you just double the sour cream you put on the top and it becomes top notch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've been shocked at the people who have become America Last. It's not just for the far left anymore.

I'm absolutely not shocked by the people who have adopted the "Love it or leave it" shibboleth of the Cold War. It's not just for the brain-dead far right anymore. Or, maybe it is. Perhaps they just call themselves "centrists" now.

I love it but I don't tell those who do not to leave it. In fact, leaving it for a week or two every year is a good thing, so as not to be deluded that Moscow in February is a great either to visit or reside.

The notion that critics of the U.S. don't "love" it is laughably absurd. You seem to be stealing quite a bit from the Joe McCarthy playbook today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:02 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The notion that critics of the U.S. don't "love" it is laughably absurd. You seem to be stealing quite a bit from the Joe McCarthy playbook today.
I don't think you can say that all critics don't "love" America but there is also a significant amount of critics who don't really "love" America.

Let's say I have a car. I complain about it all the time. I think it is slow and ugly and it requires repair constantly and even then those repairs don't actually fix much of anything. Would you say I "love" the car?

I think it's a better argument to make that no one should be expected to "love" America. It's our right to hate the country we live in and it doesn't mean you should leave.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:03 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've been shocked at the people who have become America Last. It's not just for the far left anymore.

I'm absolutely not shocked by the people who have adopted the "Love it or leave it" shibboleth of the Cold War. It's not just for the brain-dead far right anymore. Or, maybe it is. Perhaps they just call themselves "centrists" now.

I love it but I don't tell those who do not to leave it. In fact, leaving it for a week or two every year is a good thing, so as not to be deluded that Moscow in February is a great either to visit or reside.

I've mentioned neither that critics should leave nor that criticism cannot be done out of love.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm guessing there is some truth to it. It's like going to a 5 star resort in the Dominican Republic and then coming back and saying "The Dominican Republic has better food than anywhere in America". I doubt Tucker was going on the Russia version of Yelp to find a local Italian restaurant after he met with Putin. I'm guessing he had a Russian tour guide with an unlimited food budget.

You may love the way your wife or mother make a particular dish. You may love the authenticity of something from another country. After 7 meals, to suggest it is better than America is ridiculous.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... than-trump

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I don't think you can say that all critics don't "love" America but there is also a significant amount of critics who don't really "love" America.

Let's say I have a car. I complain about it all the time. I think it is slow and ugly and it requires repair constantly and even then those repairs don't actually fix much of anything. Would you say I "love" the car?

I think it's a better argument to make that no one should be expected to "love" America. It's our right to hate the country we live in and it doesn't mean you should leave.

I don't accept the comparison between a country and a car as valid for what should be obvious reasons. Try again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've mentioned neither that critics should leave nor that criticism cannot be done out of love.

It's never just basic criticism. We have to have the worst or dumbest everything. These "arguments" are generally said with conviction and presented as absolute fact.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

You haven't? What were you implying in the first sentence of your prior post? Who did you mean by "those who do not [love it]? Certainly not your fellow "centrists", I'd wager.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't accept the comparison between a country and a car as valid for what should be obvious reasons. Try again.
Why don't you accept it?

I'll try it a different way. Let's say there is Something X. Person Y complains about Something X 90% of the time. He begrudgingly says positive things about Something X 10% of the time. Is it fair to think that Person Y doesn't "love" Something X?

Something X could be a job, a possession, a house, a city or state, or just about anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Why don't you accept it?

I'll try it a different way. Let's say there is Something X. Person Y complains about Something X 90% of the time. He begrudgingly says positive things about Something X 10% of the time. Is it fair to think that Person Y doesn't "love" Something X?

Something X could be a job, a possession, a house, a city or state, or just about anything else.

Is Person Y a biological woman? Just asking a question.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
It's never just basic criticism. We have to have the worst or dumbest everything. These "arguments" are generally said with conviction and presented as absolute fact.

When did you become the arbiter of "appropriate" political rhetoric?

You claim to disapprove of critics of the U.S., but it's really attacks on the Biden administration that motivate your vitriol.

We need look no further than your bilious campaign against the Trump administration for confirmation of this fact.

Your newly found "patriotism" amounts to nothing more than the work of a partisan automaton masquerading in the universality of nationalist devotion.

But yours is a convenient and contingent devotion--if not an entirely disingenuous one--to say the least.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:42 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

You may love the way your wife or mother make a particular dish. You may love the authenticity of something from another country. After 7 meals, to suggest it is better than America is ridiculous.

Patriotic Russian writers have produced novels about the depressing nature of moscow in february. Tucker found it charming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Unless he had a second cart I'm going to need to see the list of food he bought there that would cost $400 in America.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Why don't you accept it?

Is Person Y a biological woman? Just asking a question.

:lol: :lol: Don't let this get lost in the Cold War battle between dolphin/Brick and Midget.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:48 am 

Nardi wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-15/putin-says-predictable-biden-better-for-russia-than-trump

this is like when Bill Simmons used to fade the Patriots every Super Bowl on his podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:51 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

I always believe people when they finish with "I'm not lying!-at all!" with double-arched eyebrows.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:58 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You haven't? What were you implying in the first sentence of your prior post? Who did you mean by "those who do not [love it]? Certainly not your fellow "centrists", I'd wager.

My first post is a recognition that comments about America's inferior standing in the world relative to other countries have been issued from atypical parts of the political spectrum.

Those who do not love it can be from any political mindset but I used it only to keep my response coherent with the language behind the mistaken belief in your post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:17 am 

I've personally heard young people talk about retiring, given a choice, to a different country. That's was unheard of a couple decades ago, unless you're rich. I sure hope not that 25 years from that instead of fleeing the city, they are fleeing the country.

America is not "just fine". It was just fine when we had a handful of serious problems. Now we have a boatload of serious problems on top of the newly made up 'out of thin air' problems.

Last edited by Nardi on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

When did you become the arbiter of "appropriate" political rhetoric?

You claim to disapprove of critics of the U.S., but it's really attacks on the Biden administration that motivate your vitriol.

We need look no further than your bilious campaign against the Trump administration for confirmation of this fact.

Your newly found "patriotism" amounts to nothing more than the work of a partisan automaton masquerading in the universality of nationalist devotion.

But yours is a convenient and contingent devotion--if not an entirely disingenuous one--to say the least.

I think my assessment of the laziness of your rhetoric and others who frequently shout, "AMERICA IS THE WORST!" like a petulant child is accurate. You disagree. That's fine

I don't have a problem with criticism of America, of Biden, of the Bears, or me. There are MANY things that I want to see change. My beef is with the frequency of _____ about America being the worst or even the dumbest in the world. It's absolutely ridiculous, and wrong.

Thanks to the Wisemen providing a search function and not nuking my account, anyone can comb the politics section for my thoughts about Trump and his administration's policies. It's doubtful you'll find any with me calling him the worst president ever or even in my lifetime. It's also highly unlikely that you'll find any post with me calling America the worst at anything.

This shouldn't have touched a nerve for you, it's who you are. Your 20 years of posting is filled with negativity and you being opposed to virtually everything. If not opposed, you have some crackpot solutions that have NEVER been tried or worked anywhere in the world. On the rare occasions you share something that you like/love, I usually smile. It reminds me that your heart isn't entirely cold.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:20 am 

Nardi wrote:
I've personally heard young people talk about retiring, given a choice, to a different country. That's was unheard of a couple decades ago, unless you're rich. I sure hope not that 25 years from that instead of fleeing the city, they are fleeing the country.
Spoiler Alert: They'll retire to Arizona or Florida or the Carolinas like everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:21 am 
Site Admin

I don't think anyone on this board has ever said anything even close to "America is the worst."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:25 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Spoiler Alert: They'll retire to Arizona or Florida or the Carolinas like everyone else.

I sure hope so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Tandoor
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think anyone on this board has ever said anything even close to "America is the worst."

America not worse but biker who backstab Uber driver is definitely worse u piece of shit. U dont want this smoke you huffy riding jackass. Death to bike lanes in major citys!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Joey the Red, covering his tracks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Joey the Red, covering his tracks

Seriously, do you think the current Russia has more communist leanings than the party you vote for all the time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next