It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:47 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
His son Ennis was my next door neighbor @ school. He was a really good guy.

From what I remember he thought his dad to be something of an asshole & really didn't seem to want a damn thing to do with him. Alternatively, he absolutely loved his mom.

He never had a good word to say about his dad (and remember this was at the height of the Cosby Show). That Bill made such a public show of his mourning & claimed to be so close when he was killed a few years later surprised most of us after he was killed. I kind of hoped that it was genuine and that they had reconcilled, but I doubted it then and now.

In retrospect some of the "adjustment" problems his older sister had down at school back then kind of makes me wonder. I (like most) always oddly felt sorry for her (& most of us didn't really know her at all-go figure).

I don't enjoy reading the current stories, but I'm not really all that surprised.

Wow,thanks for sharing. I really appreciate reading real "inside" info. (Hey,not being sarcastic either.)
This is all really disappointing to me. I never watched 1 minute of "The Cosby Show". I didn't like "I Spy" but I thought he was a brilliant comedian and a likeable guy. I was a fan of the 1st Cosby Show when he played a gym teacher.

You thought he was brilliant, but went out of your way (you'd have to) to never see one minute of the show?

Hell you've seen entire episodes in gif form on this board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Yes. So you are saying because somebody is great in another form of entertainment,I should follow them blindly?

Kind of like the neighborhood whore who also does mime work at childrens parties. I guess I should have her for little Billy's Party because she gives an amazing BJ.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:02 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Yes. So you are saying because somebody is great in another form of entertainment,I should follow them blindly?

No, but if you find someone to be a brilliant comedian, and are a fan of his first show, Id think you'd wanna check out his next show. Makes sense right?

jimmypasta wrote:
Kind of like the neighborhood whore who also does mime work at childrens parties. I guess I should have her for little Billy's Party because she gives an amazing BJ.

That is in the top 10 worst analogies ever made on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

No, but if you find someone to be a brilliant comedian, and are a fan of his first show, Id think you'd wanna check out his next show. Makes sense right?

jimmypasta wrote:

That is in the top 10 worst analogies ever made on this board.

Yes,I know! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

That really was a terrible analogy. Jimmy's the best.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
because he settled out of court with a woman who had accused him of sexual assault and now there are several women all telling almost identical stories of sexual assaults perpetrated by Mr. Cosby, it seems pretty credible. A whole lot of smoke here to be without some fire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
A whole lot of smoke here to be without some fire.

:scratch:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Where there is smoke, there's fire.....there is a whole lot of smoke here. So it seems likely there is some fire. Maybe not every accusation is true, but I doubt they are all false. The fact that the M.O. is consistent adds credence to the allegations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Where there is smoke, there's fire.....there is a whole lot of smoke here. So it seems likely there is some fire. Maybe not every accusation is true, but I doubt they are all false. The fact that the M.O. is consistent adds credence to the allegations.

Yes, but you are still a douche.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes, but you are still a douche.
:lol:
He really is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
If I were a betting man I doubt the dick sucking story is true. Only a complete idiot would rape someone by telling them to suck his dick. Some of the women may have read the initial reports and now they are looking for a payday. I doubt everyone is lying.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:38 pm 

Nas wrote:
I doubt everyone is lying.

Yeah. That never happens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's why I said "I doubt" instead of saying there zero chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's why I said "I doubt" instead of saying there zero chance.

Hey, though, a whole lot of smoke here to be without some fire, whatever the hell that mess means.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
If I were a betting man I doubt the dick sucking story is true. Only a complete idiot would rape someone by telling them to suck his dick. Some of the women may have read the initial reports and now they are looking for a payday. I doubt everyone is lying.

The Janice Dickinson story is the one (as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread) that gives me the greatest pause. She comes off like someone that might be doing this for attention for a book or a payday of some kind. When I saw her interviewed, I felt far less convinced by her than the others. But the fact that he settled out of court for big money with one accuser, says a lot. Who gives a big settlement to someone who has accused them of sexual assault, if they are innocent? I would think an innocent man would want to prove his innocence, rather than be branded a sexual predator.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Rich people settle out of court all the time. Some things just aren't worth the potential embarrassment even if they aren't true. That didn't bother me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
Rich people settle out of court all the time. Some things just aren't worth the potential embarrassment even if they aren't true. That didn't bother me.

For some (many perhaps) things, I agree that settling out of court may just be the prudent thing to do. But not in the case of a sexual assault. To have a cloud of doubt as to whether or not you may be a sexual predator hanging over your head, is something that I would think almost anyone would fight......if they are innocent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
For some (many perhaps) things, I agree that settling out of court may just be the prudent thing to do. But not in the case of a sexual assault. To have a cloud of doubt as to whether or not you may be a sexual predator hanging over your head, is something that I would think almost anyone would fight......if they are innocent.

in most cases (not just rape) in regard to high profile/celebrity cases, they are tried in the court of public opinion anyways

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Janice Dickinson story is the one (as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread) that gives me the greatest pause. She comes off like someone that might be doing this for attention for a book or a payday of some kind. When I saw her interviewed, I felt far less convinced by her than the others. But the fact that he settled out of court for big money with one accuser, says a lot. Who gives a big settlement to someone who has accused them of sexual assault, if they are innocent? I would think an innocent man would want to prove his innocence, rather than be branded a sexual predator.

I thought so too at first, but she was on Stern in 2006 saying how the publishers wouldnt let her talk about Cosby in the book because they were afraid of him and his lawyers. But she did say on that interview that he was a "bad guy who preys on women coming out of rehab"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Dr. William Cosby wrote:
Have a taste of this. It will do you good in so many ways

Best line yet--that's how I met my wife. Brandmeier was talking about this.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cosby-remain ... come-light

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... y-assault/

Ten.

That’s the number of women who have come forward to publicly claim Bill Cosby sexually abused them, or attempted to.

ADVERTISEMENT
They say they are telling their stories after enduring years fearful or embarrassing silence, but Cosby’s lawyer has come out against some of the women, calling them liars and opportunists, and labeling the press coverage a “feeding frenzy.”

Carla Ferrigno, who is now married to bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno, said she was working as a Playboy Bunny in 1967 when she went on a double date with the comedian and his wife. She claims the date ended up at the Cosbys’ house, and when Cosby’s wife Camille retired for the evening, and her companion disappeared, Cosby attacked her.

"He was much bigger than me. Much bigger and he pulled me so hard and so rough. I had never been treated so roughly and he pulled me hard to him so hard,” she told the Daily Mail. “And then kissed me so hard, right in the mouth. No one has ever been that physically violent with me. I was stunned. I was frozen. I took all my body strength and used both of my arms to stop him and push him away from me. He was so forceful."

She said she was speaking out now because "I want to be one of those women. One more nail in the coffin."

Former child actress Renita Chaney told KDKA-Pittsburgh she met Cosby in the 1980s when she was 15 and acting on his educational television segments called “Picture Pages.” Over four years she said he would “fly me to a number of cities. He would be busy during the day, then I’d come to his hotel room at night.”

She said Cosby would insist she have drinks, even though she was underage.

“One time, I remember just before I passed out, I remember him kissing and touching me and I remember the taste of his cigar on his breath, and I didn’t like it,” Hill said. “I remember another time when I woke up in my bed the next day and he was leaving, he mentioned you should probably lose a little weight. I thought that odd, how would he know that?”

She said she was unconscious so she didn’t know if she was raped, but suspected she was.

Former model and actress Angelia Leslie told The Daily News that the comedian forced her to masturbate him in a hotel room in 1992. She said he offered her a drink but she refused.

"I couldn't drink it. I tasted it and put it down,” she said. “Then he asked me to go into the bathroom and wet my hair. I walked back out, and he had removed his clothing and gotten into bed.” She said Cosby poured lotion into her palm and put her hand on him, and his on hers. "He masturbated with my hand. I wasn't pulling back. I was in shock."

Actress Louisa Moritz told TMZ that she was at the NBC studios in 1971 waiting in the green room for an appearance on “The Tonight Show” when Cosby came in and "suddenly approached me and took out his penis, which was now in the line of my face [she's 5' tall] and pressed up against it."

"He took his hands and put them on the back of my head and forced his penis in my mouth, saying, 'have a taste of this. It will do you good in so many ways."

Therese Serignese, now a nurse in Boca Raton, said the television icon raped her in 1976 when she was 19 years old following a show in Las Vegas. She said she went backstage and when the two were alone, Cosby gave her two pills and a glass of water, saying, "Take these."

"My next memory is clearly feeling drugged, being without my clothes, standing up," she said. "Bill Cosby was behind me, having sex with me."

Barbara Bowman, an aspiring actress, said in a Nov. 13 Washington Post column that she was 17 and blacked out after Cosby drugged her, waking up to find herself in panties and a man's T-shirt with the television icon looming over her. She said she was certain she was raped.

Joan Tarshis on Monday said she was a 19-year-old who wanted to be a comedy writer when Cosby gave her a drink and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

Janice Dickinson on Tuesday told "Entertainment Tonight" that Cosby had given her red wine and a pill when they were together in a Lake Tahoe, California, hotel room in 1982. Cosby's lawyer, Martin Singer, said in a letter to the AP that Dickinson's charges were "false and outlandish."

Tamara Green wrote an opinion piece Wednesday for "Entertainment Tonight." In 2005, Green publicly claimed that she was drugged and Cosby attempted to assault her; Cosby's lawyers have previously denied they knew each other.

In addition, Andrea Constand filed a civil suit against Cosby in 2005, which lawyers said would include testimony from 13 unnamed women. The suit was settled out of court.

Cosby's attorney has blasted many of the accounts. "People coming out of nowhere with this sort of inane yarn is what happens in a media-driven feeding frenzy," he said.

Cosby spokesman David Brokaw did not respond to AP’s request for comment. Singer, in a statement released Sunday, criticized previous "decades-old, discredited allegations," stating that "the fact that they are being repeated does not make them true."

Cosby made no mention of the allegations Thursday during a benefit performance in the Bahamas for a women's service organization. He stuck to his routine, including stories about his childhood growing up in the projects of Philadelphia. There were few empty seats in the house, and a few people gave him an ovation when he finished his set.

Some in the audience said the allegations against Cosby remain unproven, and they added that his performance was a benefit for what they felt was a good cause.

Dozens of Cosby's television and comedy colleagues have either refused to comment or not returned telephone calls from The Associated Press in recent days.

Cosby declined to comment in two recorded interviews by The Associated Press and National Public Radio.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
His son Ennis was my next door neighbor @ school. He was a really good guy.

From what I remember he thought his dad to be something of an asshole & really didn't seem to want a damn thing to do with him. Alternatively, he absolutely loved his mom.

He never had a good word to say about his dad (and remember this was at the height of the Cosby Show). That Bill made such a public show of his mourning & claimed to be so close when he was killed a few years later surprised most of us after he was killed. I kind of hoped that it was genuine and that they had reconcilled, but I doubted it then and now.

In retrospect some of the "adjustment" problems his older sister had down at school back then kind of makes me wonder. I (like most) always oddly felt sorry for her (& most of us didn't really know her at all-go figure).

I don't enjoy reading the current stories, but I'm not really all that surprised.

RR, is this when you lived in atlanta? for some reason i recall you saying you also lived there. i lived there around the time he would've been in college there i think...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
you know guys, i have no idea if bill cosby indeed drugged/raped the 13 women or whatever. i can believe it's entirely possible because once you reach that level of fame and you're used to the cavalcade of puss and you're used to getting what you want because you're A REALLY BIG FUCKING DEAL and all that, maybe you get your rocks off with the "adventure" of going all burger king and having it your way....

but at the same time it wouldnt surprise me if a couple of cosby's old fucktoys got together and said "man he got us pretty drunk before we fucked, so you know i can claim he drugged me and since he's got such a holistic image to maintain he'll pay me off" and she/they tried it, it worked and they got 6-7 figures or whatever (cuz you figure cosby has to be making 7-8 figures a year just off of cosby show syndication alone), and life went on.

then when some of his other jump offs realized that the drugged-n-raped-me angle = surefire $$$ from a guy who can afford to pay to make problems go away, maybe they used the same shady blueprint and used his desire to squash potential fireworks before they happened as a means to an easy payday. and when it worked for 2-3 people, maybe the dude got around enough to where he had dalliances with hundreds upon hundreds of chicks and all it takes is 10-13 to realize there's a gravy train and they all jumped on it, and now that hannibal burress picked up on it and ran with it, in this world of SOCIAL JUSTICE we live in people aren't going to let the legal system decide shit when they can turn on their tv/computer/phone and do some detective work themselves (read: reading sensational clickbaity articles like DID YOU KNOW BILL COSBY RAPED 13 CHICKS?! as opposed to SOME CHICK CLAIMS BILL COSBY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER --- what sells?)

so yeah TL;DR i have no idea what the truth is except, of course, being above my paygrade. and just as much as i can imagine a pervy old/ish bill cosby getting off to drugging and raping chicks cuz it's the ultimate extension of his power trip (as i hear a car honk in the background *twilight zone theme*) i can also imagine a working blueprint of "COSBY DRUGGED AND RAPED ME!!!" getting 6-7 figure settlements real quick and easy cuz dude can afford to squash it since you figure he's gotta make anywhere between 10-50mil/yr off of cosby show syndication, so if he pays off ~5mil in a year to buy off ~4-5 chicks claiming this story maybe other chicks who had an affair with him realized he was an easy mark and all you gotta do is accuse him and you get paid (as i hear another car honk in the distance)

either way it's scary that now once the media picks up a "story" (read: "angle" or "slant") and runs with it the court of public opinion quickly judges on the matter, 95% guilty no matter what (THE EVIDENCE IS IN, bellows dan bernstein, YOU'VE SEEN IT ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM! THERE IS NO DEBATE! THE EVIDENCE IS IN!) and such is the pitfall of "social justice" --- the legal system is imperfect and slow and all this "due process" bullshit which doesnt let me decide if people are allowed to have lives/income/etc and hey i'm a valued member of the public! i vote! i got a fucking sticker too! therefore i'm eligible to determine guilt and i'm perfect for a jury because i can look at a person and decide if they're guilty like *fingersnap* so yeah even tho im perfect for a jury because of that dont put me on it, let me decide what happens because this is the year of our lorde 2014 and in that year WE THE PEOPLE (as instructed by our media overlords) determine who's guilty or impossibly not.... and now cosby is a for-sure rapist even if he never gets convicted cuz if these cases go to court and there's no way to prove 20 year old rapes based off of the words with a big financial interest in being the victim of an old rape, well..... that's the legal system's fault for not convicting a rapist because THIRTEEN WOMEN WITH TEH SAME STORY CAN'T BE WRONG!

and if we start questioning women who come up with literally the exact same story over nad over and over again over the years after the initial batch of women with said story got paid with no/few questions asked, well, if we even entertain the concept that these women are lying for cash because cosby is an easy mark who pays up, well what about the REAL VICTIMS here, aka the countless women across the world who have been raped/sexually-abused and are too afraid to tell their stories!

if we start demanding things like "burden of proof" and/or "beyond a reasonable doubt" why we might scare more women in the future from sharing their stories of rape and/or torment, and if that happens.... well then we're not #ListenAndBelieve-ing and last i heard that's what this all about. the most important thing that you can do is #ListenAndBelieve any woman's claims, erm, stories.... erm no, EXPERIENCES like this because if we allow for there to be even so much as an iota of doubt aka need for tangible evidence to get them the $$$ they so richly deserve, well then, just think of what we're going to do to all the women out there who have been sexually abused and/or desecrated who might wanna think twice about telling their story, especially if it's a dodgy one that's 20+ years old and eerily mirrors the stories that have been PROVEN to get everyone who spins, erm, TELLS them a 7+ figure settlement?

i shudder to think what kind of dystopia that would be.... can you imagine a world where women had to prove people's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? the legal system is antiquated and needs to be updated because i think once enough people hear "bill cosby drugged and raped 13+ women" it's like terry said... that's a lot of women. surely they didn't all make it up for $$$. #ListenAndBelieve,

and don't you dare think that cosby sweaters are now an ironic niche bit of dark humor. the man is TOAST. he's done. everyone yank his shows and end the syndication gravy train because in the year of our lorde 2014 you don't have to be convicted of a crime to be guilty.... you just have to have some comedian say you are and if he's popular/viral enough welp hey everyone and janice dickinson got raped too so hey cosby i hope you enjoyed your straight white male privilege for as long as it lasted because this is a much-needed redistrobution of wealth from he who needs it not (cosby) to those who need it the most (womyn whose stories we #ListenAndBelieve)

and no matter what i think it's immaterial. the court of public opinion has decided and that, as Les says, is history.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I agree that settling out of court may just be the prudent thing to do.

it clearly was because i had never heard a PEEP about bill cosby rapes/sexual assaults until this most recent shitstorm that's upon us now, and that's because the hannibal-burress social-media-echo-chamber/media picked up on it and basically has everyone and their mom telling me that BILL COSBY IS A RAPIST. THE EVIDENCE IS IN. 13 WOMEN CANNOT BE WRONG.

nevermind that back in the day millions of people used to think that the world was flat and it clearly was because DUDE, millions upon millions of people thought that. there's no possible way they could make that up. no way at all. you'd think some of them might figure out that the world was a circle so you'd eventually come around to the other side, and yeah some of that "science" bullshit claimed to figure it out, along with the photoshopped NASA pictures of the world as a round-place some years later.

millions of oldschool people can't be wrong because there's MILLIONS of them. the world is flat. and somewhere at the end of that flat world bill cosby FOR SURE drugged and raped 13+ chicks. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS, and if you start telling me about acronyms here i'm going to slap you because PEOPLE IN NUMBERS CANNOT BE WRONG. EVER.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Huh?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

He is a creep and probably a rapist.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/law-order-svu ... 00878.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm thinking we don't need to use words like "probably" or "allegedly" in this case anymore.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next