It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
We must no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of manufactured outrage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
As evidence, compare the "free pass" that Bill Clinton got when he was accused of rape (and whom DiCaro still adores) with the lambasting that Harvey Weinstein is getting.

What?

The Clinton scandal was literally a top story every night on the news for 2-3 years. People will be saying "Who is Harvey Weinstein?" in 3-4 months.

It was basically responsible for the advent of cable news as we know it.

I agree that this was on the news every night. But, the victims (Paula Jones, Juanita Brodderick, etc.) were not to be believed. The story was Lewinsky, which was consensual. That's not what I'm referring to.

I'm referring to the women that accused him of rape. They were discredited by the media. That would not happen today. In today's world--social media would give them power they did not have back then.

In fact, Hillary got caught in this hypocrisy when she stated that "all victims should be believed," and then it was pointed out that she didn't feel that way about Bill's accusers.

With all of those rape accusations, Bill would not be a viable candidate, or would have been forced to resign, in today's environment.

Yes

I'm not so sure of that. A lot of women seemed to believe that Trump is a serial sexual assailant/harrasser, yet they still voted for him. As you will recall, Trump carried the vote among white women.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
As evidence, compare the "free pass" that Bill Clinton got when he was accused of rape (and whom DiCaro still adores) with the lambasting that Harvey Weinstein is getting.

What?

The Clinton scandal was literally a top story every night on the news for 2-3 years. People will be saying "Who is Harvey Weinstein?" in 3-4 months.

It was basically responsible for the advent of cable news as we know it.

I agree that this was on the news every night. But, the victims (Paula Jones, Juanita Brodderick, etc.) were not to be believed. The story was Lewinsky, which was consensual. That's not what I'm referring to.

I'm referring to the women that accused him of rape. They were discredited by the media. That would not happen today. In today's world--social media would give them power they did not have back then.

In fact, Hillary got caught in this hypocrisy when she stated that "all victims should be believed," and then it was pointed out that she didn't feel that way about Bill's accusers.

With all of those rape accusations, Bill would not be a viable candidate, or would have been forced to resign, in today's environment.

Yes

I'm not so sure of that. A lot of women seemed to believe that Trump is a serial sexual assailant/harrasser, yet they still voted for him. As you will recall, Trump carried the vote among white women.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe any women have accused him of rape.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:31 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

Guess it depends how you define grabbing someone by the pussy because you're a star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Nas wrote:
Other than being in a strip club I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times some random woman grabbed my dick.

I'm sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Guess it depends how you define grabbing someone by the pussy because you're a star

Please don’t take this as a defense of Trump, because I’m not defending him. I just don’t recall anyone accusing him of rape (unlike Clinton, where several women did). Rape has a specific definition that goes beyond “grabbing pussy:”

noun
unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Please don’t take this as a defense of Trump, because I’m not defending him. I just don’t recall anyone accusing him of rape (unlike Clinton, where several women did). Rape has a specific definition that goes beyond “grabbing pussy:”

noun
unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

Grabbing em by the pussy could be penetration of the vagina by other body part couldn't it?

Tall Midget's point is valid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

noun

Grabbing em by the pussy could be penetration of the vagina by other body part couldn't it?

Come on, dude. Grabbing someone by the pussy is reprehensible in its own right. It is not, however, the same as rape. The redefining of all this stuff is ridiculous. Do you think a woman who was actually RAPED has the same mental scars as someone who was grabbed inappropriately?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
No, that is not rape by the accepted definition. Still worthy of a gunshot to the head but not as bad as what Bill did.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hatchetman wrote:
No, that is not rape by the accepted definition. Still worthy of a gunshot to the head but not as bad as what Bill did.

All of them ran in the same circles.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Equal scumbags IMO. Just Trump didn't have the actual rape accusers come out and be ignored. Hopefully they come out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 am 

I’m not trying to defend DJT. But his specific language was “grabbed”, not “fingered.” Only he and the woman know for sure. If she was wearing panties, unlikely any penetration occurred. That said, it is still assault and horrible.

However, Bill Clinton had several women accuse him of forcible rape. That is the distinction I’m trying to make.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Heisenberg wrote:
I’m not trying to defend DJT. But his specific language was “grabbed”, not “fingered.” Only he and the woman know for sure. If she was wearing panties, unlikely any penetration occurred. That said, it is still assault and horrible.

However, Bill Clinton had several women accuse him of forcible rape. That is the distinction I’m trying to make.

I agree Bill is worse based on what we know. It is very likely that the numbers are much higher.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Trump was most famously accused of rape by his ex-wife, Ivana Trump. This allegation was published in Harry Hurt's 1993 book Lost Tycoon: the Many Lives of Donald Trump. To write the book, Hurt obtained access to sealed divorce records. Ivana has backed off this allegation, likely under pressure from Trump's lawyers, who have also used intimidation tactics to suppress reporting on this story. Another woman has accused Trump of raping her at a party when she was 13, but she has never made her identity known.

From the New Yorker:

Quote:
The part of the book that caused the most controversy concerns Trump’s divorce from his first wife, Ivana. Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’ ” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:53 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

noun

Come on, dude. Grabbing someone by the pussy is reprehensible in its own right. It is not, however, the same as rape. The redefining of all this stuff is ridiculous. Do you think a woman who was actually RAPED has the same mental scars as someone who was grabbed inappropriately?

I think there have been instances where women have been forcefully fingered and yes, I would consider that rape.

The point is that Sexual deviant rep does not make someone unelectable.

I think you may be getting a little trigger happy on the changing definitions thing. Some of the changes are valid.

There used to be a line of thinking that a husband could not rape his wife. That definition has rightfully changed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:55 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

Ok, sexual assault, not rape, for this discussion (electability) I dont think it matters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:59 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

noun

I think there have been instances where women have been forcefully fingered and yes, I would consider that rape.

The point is that Sexual deviant rep does not make someone unelectable.

I think you may be getting a little trigger happy on the changing definitions thing. Some of the changes are valid.

There used to be a line of thinking that a husband could not rape his wife. That definition has rightfully changed.

One example of a word that was apparently poorly defined in the past does not mean that we should just change the meaning of words on a whim.

Do you think there should be a legal distinction between the act of forcing someone to have sex with you against their will vs grabbing someone against their will? Or should "rape" just be an all-encompassing term?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

One example of a word that was apparently poorly defined in the past does not mean that we should just change the meaning of words on a whim.

Do you think there should be a legal distinction between the act of forcing someone to have sex with you against their will vs grabbing someone against their will? Or should "rape" just be an all-encompassing term?

First of all, I dont think Trump's "grab em by the pussy" was a reference to just a quick touch or pat. That would really make no sense and be more weird than anything. I believe he was referring to fingering them. Before that he said he just kisses them because he cant control himself. The next step is the forceful grab.

I think it all falls under the sexual assault umbrella. Obviously some are worse.

I really dont care though if people who "only" sexually assault someone (instead of outright rape) are lumped in together.

Real simple solution to that problem.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

First of all, I dont think Trump's "grab em by the pussy" was a reference to just a quick touch or pat. That would really make no sense and be more weird than anything. I believe he was referring to fingering them. Before that he said he just kisses them because he cant control himself. The next step is the forceful grab.

I think it all falls under the sexual assault umbrella. Obviously some are worse.

I really dont care though if people who "only" sexually assault someone (instead of outright rape) are lumped in together.

Real simple solution to that problem.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Remind me. Did Trump tell Billy Bush he DID grab them by the pussy or he COULD do that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
Remind me. Did Trump tell Billy Bush he DID grab them by the pussy or he COULD do that?

He said he does. He's a scumbag, but no one disputes that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:35 am 

We now live in a time where the defense of our President is "He isn't a rapist, he is merely a guy who engages and is proud of sexual assault!". Damn millenials.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We now live in a time where the defense of our President is "He isn't a rapist, he is merely a guy who engages and is proud of sexual assault!". Damn millenials.

Yeah, plus he HAS been accused of rape--by his ex-wife and an anonymous accuser who says he assaulted her in 1994 when she was 13.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Who in this thread said that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm reading the same thing Rick is. There are some things we just shouldn't excuse.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I do not know who this person is but I couldn't agree more.

Some libertarian with a rich dad. She's usually eye-poppingly stupid.

this. yeah, i was surprised when she popped up on EconTalk. McCardle's more of a Stephen Glass staff reporter--sans Glass's genius for believable fictions--than a Thomas Sowell opinion-maker. But Russ Roberts, EconTalk host, has been working the anti-internet shame thing; and she crystallized the zeitgeist of it a bit in that bloomberg view piece.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:42 am 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm reading the same thing Rick is. There are some things we just shouldn't excuse.

Then you're openly choosing to read things that aren't there.

Please specifically tell me where someone d fended Trump. I

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Then you're openly choosing to read things that aren't there.

Please specifically tell me where someone d fended Trump. I

You're a really smart guy so I don't doubt that you can easily find it if you look for it.

I got what Trump was saying. If you're rich, popular or really good looking, you play by a different set of rules. That doesn't make the act any less disgusting and criminal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:50 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If we assume that Donald Trump wasn't just talking but actually would do that then I don't think the fine line between that being rape and sexual assault really makes a difference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next