It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
No. "Cancel Culture" is an attempt to ostracize a person for their beliefs. Choosing where to spend one's money is not "Cancel Culture."

Yes, and Bud Light got ostracized by a large portion of their customer base for providing a six pack to a transgender woman.

You can't "ostracize" a product. You can simply choose not to use it.
So I guess Roseanne losing her show wasn't Cancel Culture either.

Rosanne was fired. That's a lot different than her show being canceled because people chose not to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
No. "Cancel Culture" is an attempt to ostracize a person for their beliefs. Choosing where to spend one's money is not "Cancel Culture."

Yes, and Bud Light got ostracized by a large portion of their customer base for providing a six pack to a transgender woman.

Rosanne was fired. That's a lot different than her show being canceled because people chose not to watch.

Public pressure forced ABC bosses to get rid of Roseanne. Public pressure forced Bud Light bosses to get rid of Mulvaney. Both products now exist without those people. It's the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Speaking for my dearly departed Uncle Tony and Uncle Mike, they would gratiously refuse those tickets in return a couple rounds of beer at their local bar and grill. :drunken: :drunken:

What would they think about you attending Cher concerts?

If only he could turn back time...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

it never even got that far for people people to decide not to watch it. She was terminated like the next day

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Did AB employ Mulvaney?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Did AB employ Mulvaney?

paid dylan just under 200k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:55 pm 

I first saw this when fallowing Dan Bernstein who had retweeted the article before the Bears game.

I feel like Bill Maher, I am an old school lib who think so much progress has been made, but the far left is just embarrassing. I havent changed....these freaks on the far left have(plenty of far righties as well).

Kids parents should sue Deadspin for defamation...it is a kid dressing up in gear for the team. They made sure to show only one side of his face and the deadpsin writer tried to make a dumb moral argument.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
cookie23 wrote:
I first saw this when fallowing Dan Bernstein who had retweeted the article before the Bears game.

I feel like Bill Maher, I am an old school lib who think so much progress has been made, but the far left is just embarrassing. I havent changed....these freaks on the far left have(plenty of far righties as well).

Kids parents should sue Deadspin for defamation...it is a kid dressing up in gear for the team. They made sure to show only one side of his face and the deadpsin writer tried to make a dumb moral argument.

What is the proper length of time to leave Bernsie unplanted such that he returns rejuvenated and better than ever with a bountiful treasure of sports thoughts that keep us tuned into the Score?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Did AB employ Mulvaney?

paid dylan just under 200k

And a six pack of beer. That's the important part, because you can't downplay "hey, all they did was send her a check for 185K.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
cookie23 wrote:

This has Sandman written all over it. Hope Deadspin has deep pockets :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Brick wrote:
There is a large segment of the population that has gone nuts for even acknowledging that they exist.

No. Men that want to be or dress like women exist. That doesn't make them women.

You love your Ukrainians. Is your tide on the Israelis going to turn or will you hold strong? You've surprised me. You are like John Fetterman.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

CHIEF OUT! MANY will be offended.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How do we know the kid isn't just a Chiefs fan but also a fan of the comedy stylings of Pigmeat Markham?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:47 pm 

Great googly moogly. Throwin back to 1996!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hawg Ass wrote:
This is truly idiotic that we as a country have to really discuss things like this, damn a kid can’t be a kid.

We are only discussing because an idiot poster thought it was a bigger story. Posts which start a discussion with a twitter post are pretty consistently bad and unworthy of this much angst.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
This is truly idiotic that we as a country have to really discuss things like this, damn a kid can’t be a kid.

We are only discussing because an idiot poster thought it was a bigger story. Posts which start a discussion with a twitter post are pretty consistently bad and unworthy of this much angst.

Relax, Chief.

It’s just a discussion. Nobody is overly angsty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Relax, Chief.

It’s just a discussion. Nobody is overly angsty.

Sure…ok. If you say so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:04 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
because an idiot poster thought it was a bigger story. Posts which start a discussion with a twitter post are pretty consistently bad and unworthy of this much angst.

We're discussing thing because a righteous Democrat thought or wanted to make this kid out to be racist. You say what you want that it's a non story so you think you can be a good person.
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sure…ok. If you say so.

I say so cuz it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 am 

Bernstien is a great follow for Bears games. Now reported this kid is Native American. Even Bernstein deleted his retweet.

The far right does the exact same thing. This is hilarious how stupid people can be to get clicks/narratives on both sides.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The original tweet has more than 4 million views. I'd say that indicates it's a story of some significance, wouldn't you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The original tweet has more than 4 million views. I'd say that indicates it's a story of some significance, wouldn't you?

It's amazing that otherwise intelligent people seem to have no clue about how important Twitter is to American and world culture and politics. They don't seem to realize that they sound just like someone in 1903 screaming, "Get a horse!" at a guy driving a Model A.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:46 am 

cookie23 wrote:
Bernstien is a great follow for Bears games. Now reported this kid is Native American. Even Bernstein deleted his retweet.

That’s objectively hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggas_vs._Black_People

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Turns out the kid himself is Native. I bet Brick feels like an asshole now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:01 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It's amazing that otherwise intelligent people seem to have no clue about how important Twitter is to American and world culture and politics. They don't seem to realize that they sound just like someone in 1903 screaming, "Get a horse!" at a guy driving a Model A.
Twitter is important but in mostly terrible ways for the country and mental health of people who consume the accounts designed to find things to be angry about every single day.

This is actually a good example. The kids parents are wrong for dressing him like this. Someone takes it and links it to racism against black people. People, who would normally just accept "Don't dress up like a Native American" are now mad at some liberal that doesn't matter on twitter and they then decide "Actually, it's great to dress up like a Native American" and people slowly continue on the path of choosing the extreme woke/anti-woke battle lines that have no impact on anyone's lives.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:09 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Turns out the kid himself is Native. I bet Brick feels like an asshole now

I did make that qualifier earlier about you shouldn't do it unless you are a Native American.

But, I also would like to see a link to the kid or his parents saying that they are.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Twitter is important but in mostly terrible ways for the country and mental health of people who consume the accounts designed to find things to be angry about every single day.

Like any othe technology, there are positives and negatives. (With AI coming fast, the people whining about Twitter better get used to that.) Twitter has changed the world. If you want to poo-poo that, you sound like an old guy with a flip phone asking his grandson if he's "on email."

I could make a good argument against the internal combustion engine too. But I'd be ridiculed and probably rightly so. And people who say shit like, "Oh, it's Twitter" should be ridiculed in a similar fashion.

Why do people think Musk taking control of Twitter was such a big deal? It's important technology that has been used to spur revolutions and elect presidents.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:13 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
People, who would normally just accept "Don't dress up like a Native American"

Maybe they should just worry about how they dress themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
CHIEF OUT! MANY will be offended.

No they're not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next