It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This was pretty brutal. Kind of expect this sort of nonsense from fraternities though.

I don't agree with this comment, because I don't like lumping a very large group of people all together as one. Yes, there are shitheads like all involved with this, but never group all members of all fraternities together.

I have no experience or connection to frats. I would saying closing the chapter and dealing with the people involved should close the chapter on this so to speak.

You have no friends that have been frats or business associates?

I guess I meant personal loyalties and I never joined a frat. I did drink their beer and steal their women though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This was pretty brutal. Kind of expect this sort of nonsense from fraternities though.

This would not qualify for your best work offered lo these many years, my friend.

Frank making comments about something he doesnt know anything about? ITS UNPOSSIBLE!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Not so fast. University of Texas at Austin is investigating the SAE house there for the same thing.

pittmike wrote:

I have no experience or connection to frats. I would saying closing the chapter and dealing with the people involved should close the chapter on this so to speak.

So now we may have 2 frats and how many people, that gets everybody? By the way, I wasn't in a fraternity?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:33 pm 

Well then shut the whole dumb greek system down. I give a flying fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This would not qualify for your best work offered lo these many years, my friend.

Frank making comments about something he doesnt know anything about? ITS UNPOSSIBLE!

Easy now big fella ... name one person around here who doesn't do that at least once in a while ... besides you and I, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Am I to understand this will be your last post on the matter then?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:42 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Easy now big fella ... name one person around here who doesn't do that at least once in a while ... besides you and I, of course.

"once in a while" v "daily"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Sure if it pleases my Don.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:20 pm 

Not going to totally disagree, but remember , its a social organization and if people want to be part of an organization they can. While a university closes the frat house, it doesnt change anything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:25 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I apparently misinterpreted "I give a flying fuck" part, which I thought was, as is more typical, meant to indicate that you actually felt quite the opposite from how it actually reads.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:37 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I apparently misinterpreted "I give a flying fuck" part, which I thought was, as is more typical, meant to indicate that you actually felt quite the opposite from how it actually reads.

No I just meant it isn't important to me so I gave you some godfather para-quote? Is that a word?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:32 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Not going to totally disagree, but remember , its a social organization and if people want to be part of an organization they can. While a university closes the frat house, it doesnt change anything.

Exactly. At the end of the day, these people are all still racist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:09 pm 

The fuck, bruh? I know some of those peeps, they're good people. Down south it's all fucked. They're like all backward and redneck and shit. This one chick transferred, Laney Chamberlain, and she was like this smokin hot TV cheerleader type. She got knocked up when she was like 16 or some shit because she's from the south and they will like always impregnate each other on the farm or whatever. So like this one dude I knew from my frat, Cody Bodean, he still wanted to bang her even though she was a mom. We'd just chant MILF! MILF! I mean that's the thing brah, we chant all the time. DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! TOKE! TOKE! TOKE! It's what we do. I mean I don't think I'd say any of that shit because I'm not part of that Nazi clan or anything. Those bros are just fucked up inbred hicks, dudes, nothin' more. They prolly need to just stay the fuck down there, and whatnot. I'll keep drinkin' up here. BITCHES!! SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND! LOL, for realsies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
WayneStylie wrote:
The fuck, bruh? I know some of those peeps, they're good people. Down south it's all fucked. They're like all backward and redneck and shit. This one chick transferred, Laney Chamberlain, and she was like this smokin hot TV cheerleader type. She got knocked up when she was like 16 or some shit because she's from the south and they will like always impregnate each other on the farm or whatever. So like this one dude I knew from my frat, Cody Bodean, he still wanted to bang her even though she was a mom. We'd just chant MILF! MILF! I mean that's the thing brah, we chant all the time. DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! TOKE! TOKE! TOKE! It's what we do. I mean I don't think I'd say any of that shit because I'm not part of that Nazi clan or anything. Those bros are just fucked up inbred hicks, dudes, nothin' more. They prolly need to just stay the fuck down there, and whatnot. I'll keep drinkin' up here. BITCHES!! SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND! LOL, for realsies.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:19 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't agree with this comment, because I don't like lumping a very large group of people all together as one. Yes, there are shitheads like all involved with this, but never group all members of all fraternities together.
There are good people in any organization. It doesn't mean we can't judge the group. Someone who joins the frat system is opting to be associated with the good and bad associated with greek life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:27 am 

At some point, the positive aspects of the Greek system will be outweighed by the negatives. We might be there already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
At some point, the positive aspects of the Greek system will be outweighed by the negatives. We might be there already.

Why, because a few people on CSFMB think the Greek life sucks?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:39 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

If someone thinks "The Fraternity" taught the guys at Oklahoma to be the way they are, I think that person might need to spend a week in Oklahoma just for the fun of it and see what they are like.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:47 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

No, I was thinking of the consistent problems with binge drinking, hazing, and rape.

This isnt a CSFMB issue, Hawg. Google "end fraternaties" and you'll get a lot of results from reputable sites (newsweek, Washington Post, The Economist) on this issue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
No, I was thinking of the consistent problems with binge drinking, hazing, and rape.
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

This isnt a CSFMB issue, Hawg. Google "end fraternaties" and you'll get a lot of results from reputable sites (newsweek, Washington Post, The Economist) on this issue.

To me your first sentence describes a lot of college campuses in general though, not just the Greek life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

To me your first sentence describes a lot of college campuses in general though, not just the Greek life.

yea a lot of people get hazed joining the bridge club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes, happens everywhere. But fraternities are definitely worse. There's this weird herd mentality. Fraternities change people.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:51 am 

bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If someone thinks "The Fraternity" taught the guys at Oklahoma to be the way they are, I think that person might need to spend a week in Oklahoma just for the fun of it and see what they are like.

I dont think anyone is saying the Frat made them do it. It's more about the frat being the venue in this case.

This is just one straw on the back of the frat camel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's a valid point. You cant eliminate ALL of it. It does seem like frats have a lot of those issues, though.

And like I said, there are great aspects of The Greek Life, but the negatives might outweigh the positives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 am 

Bagels wrote:
yea a lot of people get hazed joining the bridge club

Yeah, we never hear of hazing by athletic teams, oh wait...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:02 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes, happens everywhere. But fraternities are definitely worse. There's this weird herd mentality. Fraternities change people.

guess what, happens at tons of colleges. You have 18 year old kids away for the first time.

Remind me, which Fraternity was Jameis Winston in?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:04 am 

bigfan wrote:

THE Florida State Seminoles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:08 am 

bigfan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

guess what, happens at tons of colleges. You have 18 year old kids away for the first time.

You dont think it (hazing, binge drinking, rape) happens at a higher rate in frats than the rest of the campus?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You dont think it (hazing, binge drinking, rape) happens at a higher rate in frats than the rest of the campus?

I would say possibly yes to the first one but I don't know about the other 2 at all. Binge drinking is a major problem all college campuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next