It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:
One of the biggest holier than thou liberal sayings is “be on the right side of history”.

A good treatise on what "the right side of history" truly is.

https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2022/1 ... f-history/

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One thing I have changed my mind about is that I previously believed that we could have a moral society without being anchored in Christianity. I no longer believe that is possible.

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusi ... e-classics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
denisdman wrote:
I agree with Seacrest in that I would like to see deeper, intellectual debates around here rather than name calling.

That first would require him to point the thumb and not the finger

And I'm sorry but when you activately promote Qanon like beliefs such as the teaching profession being littered with pedophiles then terns such as "Right Wing Loon" are most appropriate.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:28 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:
I don't know how anyone can call anything Jorrian. Dude's politics don't seem to fit easily into a single spot on the political spectrum. I guess if you disregard Jorr's posts before dumbass Trump came along. Back then I would've pegged Jorr for a left of center sort. While there was some good to Trump being POTUS, mostly Trump telling the neocons to go pound sand; but on the whole, Trump's constant dog-whistle race-baiting, his divisive rhetoric and his general sleaziness outweigh any good he brought to the office. imo/ymmv/yadda. I thought Jorr was off-the-rails with his constant covid rantings, but turns out he was right about that fuckery.

It is Jorrian because it does not fit in a box. He was a left of center guy who became a Trumpette. And hey, I do not care. It's America. Believe what you want. The best part is Jorr and I were having the Hillary and Trump debates when everyone assumed Hillary would win.

I see a lot of differences between Seacrest and Jorr. Seacrest is faithful, while Jorr is a religious skeptic.

I agree with Seacrest in that I would like to see deeper, intellectual debates around here rather than name calling. But hey I came up with Jorrian so I guess I should take my own advice.

What's not to like about everyone believing that they are morally superior to someone else because of the political party they support?

My experience has been that left wing types find themselves morally superior in a universal way. All issues, all the time. So much so that they can’t articulate why people think differently from them as they literally can’t conceive of alternative viewpoints. Try finding a left wing defense of abortion that acknowledges the counter argument that the procedure ends a life.

Republicans/pro-lifers tend to moralize around abortion. That’s about it. They make some half hearted morality arguments around consequences to unfettered immigration, but that’s more a fairness & responsibility argument than sheer moralizing.

You happily "moralize" about Tranny teachers being "groomers" and those that "differ" "defending" the practice. WYC?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:
I don't know how anyone can call anything Jorrian. Dude's politics don't seem to fit easily into a single spot on the political spectrum. I guess if you disregard Jorr's posts before dumbass Trump came along. Back then I would've pegged Jorr for a left of center sort. While there was some good to Trump being POTUS, mostly Trump telling the neocons to go pound sand; but on the whole, Trump's constant dog-whistle race-baiting, his divisive rhetoric and his general sleaziness outweigh any good he brought to the office. imo/ymmv/yadda. I thought Jorr was off-the-rails with his constant covid rantings, but turns out he was right about that fuckery.

It is Jorrian because it does not fit in a box. He was a left of center guy who became a Trumpette. And hey, I do not care. It's America. Believe what you want. The best part is Jorr and I were having the Hillary and Trump debates when everyone assumed Hillary would win.

I see a lot of differences between Seacrest and Jorr. Seacrest is faithful, while Jorr is a religious skeptic.

I agree with Seacrest in that I would like to see deeper, intellectual debates around here rather than name calling. But hey I came up with Jorrian so I guess I should take my own advice.

What's not to like about everyone believing that they are morally superior to someone else because of the political party they support?

My experience has been that left wing types find themselves morally superior in a universal way. All issues, all the time. So much so that they can’t articulate why people think differently from them as they literally can’t conceive of alternative viewpoints. Try finding a left wing defense of abortion that acknowledges the counter argument that the procedure ends a life.

Republicans/pro-lifers tend to moralize around abortion. That’s about it. They make some half hearted morality arguments around consequences to unfettered immigration, but that’s more a fairness & responsibility argument than sheer moralizing.

You happily moralize about Tranny teachers being "groomers". WYC?

You’re saying all trannies teach kids how to use butt plugs now? That’s your argument?

It’s actually a great case in point of a down-the-line Dem poster arguing against something he can’t articulate. After about 10 pages you still have zero clue what you’re defending. It’s correct to say it’s a moral argument. I’ll give other Dems some credit and assume they’re not universally supportive of adolescent sex toy how-tos.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:36 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

You happily moralize about Tranny teachers being "groomers". WYC?

You’re saying all trannies teach kids how to use butt plugs now? That’s your argument?

It’s actually a great case in point of a down-the-line Dem poster arguing against something he can’t articulate. After about 10 pages you still have zero clue what you’re defending. It’s correct to say it’s a moral argument. I’ll give other Dems some credit and assume they’re not universally supportive of adolescent sex toy how-tos.

If I were to "prove" it by citing "evidence" that you believed this you'd still deny or ignore it and so would the Right Wing Loon Brigade.

Their parents didn't believe it to be "grooming" either but yet you, in your "morally superior" sort of way just knew that it was anyway.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:44 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

If I were to "prove" it by citing "evidence" that you believed this you'd still deny or ignore it and so would the Right Wing Loon Brigade.

Their parents didn't believe it to be "grooming" either but yet you, in your "morally superior" sort of way just knew that it was anyway.

:lol:

You repeatedly referred to the guy who arranged the seminar as gay (without evidence) and are now arguing that to oppose sex toy training for children is to be anti-tranny.

Next time you prove anything with evidence will be the first.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:47 pm 

And to get back to Denis's point there is no way for an intellectual discussion to take place here when you have the amount of tribalism and "intellectual" dishonesty which exists.

Right now you have Jorr trying to paint himself as a "Pablum puking" Democrat even when it is apparent that the overwhelming number of his political dustups over the past 6-7 years have been with people that he regards as "Dem-o-rats". It's clear that Right Wingers, or Republicans around here view him as an ally or somehow that they can count on in a time of need.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I think we’ve once again narrowed it down to: things I agree with = good; things I disagree with = bad. Great job everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:49 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

You repeatedly referred to the guy who arranged the seminar as gay (without evidence) and are now arguing that to oppose sex toy training for children is to be anti-tranny.

The guy admitted to being gay. See what I mean by "intellectual dishonesty"? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The guy admitted to being gay. See what I mean by "intellectual dishonesty"? Just Asking A Question.

Admitted is an odd word choice.

I’ll assume you’re right. The guy’s sexual orientation wasn’t all that meaningful in the context of the story but congrats for digging into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:01 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I’ll assume you’re right. The guy’s sexual orientation wasn’t all that meaningful in the context of the story but congrats for digging into it.

It actually was seeing as it was the primary reason for his being labeled a "groomer" in the first place.

Again see what is meant by "intellectual dishonesty"? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:08 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

It actually was seeing as it was the primary reason for his being labeled a "groomer" in the first place.

Again see what is meant by "intellectual dishonesty"? Just Asking A Question

I do see the intellectual dishonesty. You’re trying to moralize around the guy’s unknown sexuality (except to you of course) to defend the indefensible.

My favorite part of that thread was you agreed early on that it was wrong. Then you realized you were finally on the correct side of an argument, got itchy and jumped to the wrong side of herstory.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:12 pm 

I do see the intellectual dishonesty. You’re trying to moralize around the guy’s unknown sexuality (except to you of course) to defend the indefensible.

My favorite part of that thread was you agreed early on that it was wrong. Then you realized you were finally on the correct side of an argument, got itchy and jumped to the wrong side of herstory.

If one were to look for widespread support for your views, it wouldn't take long for Right Wing Loon Fringe Groups like the Proud Boys and Qanon to pop up in "agreement".

Is that the type of "validation" which you seek for your "views"? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I think most people struggle with idea a position we hold or something we’ve done could be "wrong". We seek comfort from the reality that someone did something worse or someone may be worse than us. It's not a republican or democrat thing, it's a "people" thing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
It's universally, morally superior to support innocent life at all times

Something has to die for all of us to live. From plants to animals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Which, has nothing to do with the destruction of, or the intentionally taking of innocent human life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Which, has nothing to do with the destruction of, or the intentionally taking of innocent human life.

I don't disagree, but then we're just saying our lives are more valuable than the rest of life on Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I think most people struggle with idea a position we hold or something we’ve done could be "wrong". We seek comfort from the reality that someone did something worse or someone may be worse than us. It's not a republican or democrat thing, it's a "people" thing.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:31 pm 

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

For decades the "Religious Right" has argued that Gay Sex is "morally wrong" and homosexuality is "inherently evil"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I don't disagree, but then we're just saying our lives are more valuable than the rest of life on Earth.

Yes, human life is more valuable then plant, and animal life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

My 5 year old would ask why.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

My 5 year old would ask why.

You should have an answer for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

What about the Canadian teacher that wants to wear obscenely huge prosthetic boobs? That's not weird bringing your sexual fetish or autogynephilia to the classroom with high school students. It's him bringing his whole self to work so he can be happy. Let's celebrate it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Missing Link wrote:

Birtherism wasn't really promoted by Trump. Even when it was clear that it was.

Trump "only" became a racist when he ran for President. Something that was promoted by Trump and easily disproved with actual evidence.

Forgot about Trump's insane, long-after anyone else cared reanimation of the Obama birth certificate nonsense. President Obama already in Office and regardless of your political affiliation Obama doing about as good of a job as anyone could hope for dealing with the crap-hand the Bush administration left him with. Trump's entire recent political identity traces back to the birth certificate issue. I think Trump latched back onto the BC thing right before the 2012 election cycle, with an eye toward running in 2012.

Last edited by Hussra on Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:30 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
That's not weird bringing your sexual fetish or autogynephilia to the classroom with high school students. It's him bringing his whole self to work so he can be happy. Let's celebrate it.

you been reading books again? Didn't your parents warn ya you'll never catch a husband with your nose in a book.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:47 pm 

Hussra wrote:

you been reading books again? Didn't your parents warn ya you'll never catch a husband with your nose in a book.

I read about a book a year by John Sanford.

I didn't need to catch a husband. I have one because I want to have one and I found one that loves me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:20 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Link, your a middle aged man who posts on a board that inconsequential, has no wife, no hopes for one and spends his free time in state you describe as shit hole. That's what troubles me.

Get a life. Go live beyond that incredibly small prism you look through. Doing something tangible so that you don't have to come here to run others down in order to feel better about yourself.

Being a miserable douche is your choice. There are others, make a different choice.

Guys get married for regular sex, that is for simps. It's much better to be the old guy at the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:29 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Link, your a middle aged man who posts on a board that inconsequential, has no wife, no hopes for one and spends his free time in state you describe as shit hole. That's what troubles me.

Get a life. Go live beyond that incredibly small prism you look through. Doing something tangible so that you don't have to come here to run others down in order to feel better about yourself.

Being a miserable douche is your choice. There are others, make a different choice.

Guys get married for regular sex, that is for simps. It's much better to be the old guy at the club.

Let's see which one is "much preferred". A spending your life actually trying to "enjoy life" or B. Coming to a message board day after day (for the past 2-3 years) telling the world how fucked up.life happens to be because you couldn't eat at your favorite restaurant or had to wear a damn mask?

I know "perspective" isn't exactly a strong suit of yours or those that possess your "views" but at some point you might want to have some.

When people think of those that are rather "Loony" around here, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that your face isn't in the tram photo.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:34 pm 

dating a girl born in the 90's who i met in a rare these days club outing, we have not been back to the club since we started seeing each other. she's asked why we never go to any bars or clubs or the like together as a couple. I'm kinda hoping for a Covid come-back so I have a proper excuse to never leave the house with her. But definitely not taking her to the club as a couple, that would be cringe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
dating a girl born in the 90's who i met in a rare these days club outing, we have not been back to the club since we started seeing each other. she's asked why we never go to any bars or clubs or the like together as a couple. I'm kinda hoping for a Covid come-back so I have a proper excuse to never leave the house with her. But definitely not taking her to the club as a couple, that would be cringe.

Is she ugly or you're trying to avoid the younger hunters?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next