It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
This is actually a good example. The kids parents are wrong for dressing him like this. Someone takes it and links it to racism against black people. People, who would normally just accept "Don't dress up like a Native American" are now mad at some liberal that doesn't matter on twitter and they then decide "Actually, it's great to dress up like a Native American" and people slowly continue on the path of choosing the extreme woke/anti-woke battle lines that have no impact on anyone's lives.

The perpetually offended are wrong for giving a shit what this kid was wearing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
This is truly idiotic that we as a country have to really discuss things like this, damn a kid can’t be a kid.

We are only discussing because an idiot poster thought it was a bigger story. Posts which start a discussion with a twitter post are pretty consistently bad and unworthy of this much angst.

The original tweet has more than 4 million views. I'd say that indicates it's a story of some significance, wouldn't you?

It's amazing that otherwise intelligent people seem to have no clue about how important Twitter is to American and world culture and politics. They don't seem to realize that they sound just like someone in 1903 screaming, "Get a horse!" at a guy driving a Model A.
Twitter is important but in mostly terrible ways for the country and mental health of people who consume the accounts designed to find things to be angry about every single day.

This is actually a good example. The kids parents are wrong for dressing him like this. Someone takes it and links it to racism against black people. People, who would normally just accept "Don't dress up like a Native American" are now mad at some liberal that doesn't matter on twitter and they then decide "Actually, it's great to dress up like a Native American" and people slowly continue on the path of choosing the extreme woke/anti-woke battle lines that have no impact on anyone's lives.
No . no they werent " wrong" for dressing their kid up like a Native American to go watch the KC Chiefs play football. The only wrong person here is the race-baiting piece of shit Deadspin writer who deliberately misrepresented the story to try and portray an 10 yr old kid as racist. Thats the story not your usual soft shoe of the person being the piece of shit with " yeah well he shouldnt have done that but he is kinda right " take

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
CHIEF OUT! MANY will be offended.

No they're not.

I'm looking forward to Taylor's Version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Twitter is important but in mostly terrible ways for the country and mental health of people who consume the accounts designed to find things to be angry about every single day.

Like any othe technology, there are positives and negatives. (With AI coming fast, the people whining about Twitter better get used to that.) Twitter has changed the world. If you want to poo-poo that, you sound like an old guy with a flip phone asking his grandson if he's "on email."

I could make a good argument against the internal combustion engine too. But I'd be ridiculed and probably rightly so. And people who say shit like, "Oh, it's Twitter" should be ridiculed in a similar fashion.

Why do people think Musk taking control of Twitter was such a big deal? It's important technology that has been used to spur revolutions and elect presidents.
Twitter is important but it is a net negative on society. It's primary function is to provide curated anger to people on it. There are a lot of things that changed the world in a negative way. You can be both important and a net negative overall.

99% of the twitter posts that get shared on here, outside of sports news, is "Here is something you should be mad about" but it actually goes to both sides. One side gets mad about something, then Libs of TikTok shares it with the other side to be mad about, and then the other side gets mad that Libs of TikTok is mad about something, and ultimately everyone just gets more upset and entrenched with the extremes of an issue that most of the time means absolutely nothing.

I do think you are in some amount of denial on the role of Twitter in your life. I would guess that the amount you learn from Twitter(which is mostly reposting things you would find just as easily from your favorite media source anways) is far outweighed by the daily anger you get because some guy on Twitter said something like "trans rights are women's rights".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Turns out the kid himself is Native. I bet Brick feels like an asshole now

I did make that qualifier earlier about you shouldn't do it unless you are a Native American.

But, I also would like to see a link to the kid or his parents saying that they are.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/29/media/mom ... of-racism/

While you are scribing your list of what's socially acceptable and not, you should probably add doxing a 10 year old as a 'No'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:05 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Like any othe technology, there are positives and negatives. (With AI coming fast, the people whining about Twitter better get used to that.) Twitter has changed the world. If you want to poo-poo that, you sound like an old guy with a flip phone asking his grandson if he's "on email."

I could make a good argument against the internal combustion engine too. But I'd be ridiculed and probably rightly so. And people who say shit like, "Oh, it's Twitter" should be ridiculed in a similar fashion.

Why do people think Musk taking control of Twitter was such a big deal? It's important technology that has been used to spur revolutions and elect presidents.
Twitter is important but it is a net negative on society. It's primary function is to provide curated anger to people on it. There are a lot of things that changed the world in a negative way. You can be both important and a net negative overall.

99% of the twitter posts that get shared on here, outside of sports news, is "Here is something you should be mad about" but it actually goes to both sides. One side gets mad about something, then Libs of TikTok shares it with the other side to be mad about, and then the other side gets mad that Libs of TikTok is mad about something, and ultimately everyone just gets more upset and entrenched with the extremes of an issue that most of the time means absolutely nothing.

I do think you are in some amount of denial on the role of Twitter in your life. I would guess that the amount you learn from Twitter(which is mostly reposting things you would find just as easily from your favorite media source anways) is far outweighed by the daily anger you get because some guy on Twitter said something like "trans rights are women's rights".

I'm rarely angry and when I am it's usually because Joel Rosario gave my live 10/1 shot a bonehead ride.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:19 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I did make that qualifier earlier about you shouldn't do it unless you are a Native American.

But, I also would like to see a link to the kid or his parents saying that they are.

While you are scribing your list of what's socially acceptable and not, you should probably add doxing a 10 year old as a 'No'.

I made that qualifier that he shouldn't do it if he isn't Native American. So, it does change things that the kid is 1/8th to 1/4th Native American based on his grandfather.

It does sound like the mom doxxed her own kid though so I don't get your last part.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I made that qualifier that he shouldn't do it if he isn't Native American. So, it does change things that the kid is 1/8th to 1/4th Native American based on his grandfather.

It does sound like the mom doxxed her own kid though so I don't get your last part.

I think if you just apologized, we could move forward and begin the healing process.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:23 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Karen Phillips initially doxed her kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Brick wrote:
Twitter is important

No it isnt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:27 am 
Site Admin

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Brick wrote:
Twitter is important

No it isnt.

It is though. You may not like that it is, but it is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:31 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's not doxxing to post a screenshot from a national tv broadcast.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I think if you just apologized, we could move forward and begin the healing process.

Tough week for Brick.

First, he finds out that the joke in his Hunter meme is on him.

Then in his frustration, he goes after a 10yr old Native American kid.

You hate to see it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am 

This reminds me of the “it’s always a white guy” mass shooter that turned out to be middle eastern. Indignant apologies to commence?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:47 am 

Mediocre redskin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:48 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's not what happened

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
W_Z wrote:
This reminds me of the “it’s always a white guy” mass shooter that turned out to be middle eastern. Indignant apologies to commence?

From Carron Phillips? Won't happen. He's possibly the worst of everyone at Zombie Deadspin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's not what happened

The tweet you posted with the side picture has the score underneath it from the broadcast and the CBS logo on it.

It was wrong to say it was blackface but it also wasn't doxxing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:36 am 

Quote:
verbINFORMAL

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.

It's been a rough week for you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
verbINFORMAL

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.

It's been a rough week for you

In that case, wouldn't CBS have actually doxxed him?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
How do you pronounce Carron?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Quran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
man of few opinions wrote:
Brick wrote:

I just learned that the Kid's Grandfather is a American Indian who sits on the board of his tribal council. How perfect that is, eh? Remember when reporters and "journalists" were supposed to research their products before releasing their reports or opinions to the public? Sue the hell out of this site for defaming that kid and his famiy.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:13 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Brick wrote:

I just learned that the Kid's Grandfather is a American Indian who sits on the board of his tribal council. How perfect that is, eh? Remember when reporters and "journalists" were supposed to research their products before releasing their reports or opinions to the public? Sue the hell out of this site for defaming that kid and his famiy.

they should. The willful omission of the kids full face, or decision to use the profile shot of just the black side to fuel an entire article attempting to condemn the kid by enwrapping it to whatever issue deadspin have with the NFL not being in line with their liberal bullshit is disgusting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:29 pm 

Hopefully his parents sue Deadspin and make a lot of money.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
conns7901 wrote:

isn't Deadspin basically bankrupt ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 pm 

Bagels wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

isn't Deadspin basically bankrupt ?

hopefully a lawsuit will be the final nail in the coffin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
W_Z wrote:

Or how about an Indigenous apology?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:

Karen, of course….

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Karen, of course….

Jesus, about time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next