It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
you know, last i checked we still (as temporarily as it may be) have THE RIGHT to do "stupid" things, such as not vaccinating our kids. out of bernstein's yelling/stomping-around about the subject the one whopper he dropped is that people not getting vaccinated is causing diseases to mutate and come back even worse and deadlier, which is totally a mind-boggler because i thought diseases mutated and came back even deadlier AS A MEANS OF SURVIVAL when everyone was vaccinated and it was finding its very existence threatened. but i'm sure there's some article somewhere that says what he says that he'd link me to and be like HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!?!?)

idk, last i checked short of public school requirements for the tried-n-true vaccines, people should have a choice on the matter. you dont need little big man stomping around liek IF YOU DONT GET VACCINATED YOU WILL GET DISEASES WHICH WILL KILL YOU, especially with this "YOU'RE BRINGING THE DISEASES AROUND ME AND MY FAMILY" thing. at that rate his kids better not go out in public in a bubble cuz what about colds and stuff we can't vaccinate for? i mean he already hates the process of going to pro sports games, so why even go out in public at all since your 100% perfect safety is threatened whenever you leave the house.

i can see the b&b show in 10-15 years YOU NEED TO GET A MICROCHIP BECAUSE DOCTORS NEED TO KNOW YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY. if you get in a car accident and it's a life or death decision what if they dont have time to check your files? i don't want my kids to die because they're in the same accident and they're busy looking up your medical records because you didn't get a microchip; THERE IS NO DEBATE HERE. MICROCHIPS SAVE TIME, WHICH SAVE LIVES, SO I'M NOT GOING TO WASTE ANY MORE TIME ON THESE IDIOT CRETINS WHO DON'T WANT THEIR MICROCHIPS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Everyone will have a robot servant/drone by 2100,like Tony Stark.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
idk, last i checked short of public school requirements for the tried-n-true vaccines, people should have a choice on the matter.

But this is mostly about the MMR vaccine, which along with polio and hep-B is the tried-and-true required vaccine. We have the right to do stupid things, but we shouldn't do stupid things to our children, like let them be susceptible to measles because a disgraced British doctor published a fraudulent study.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
jimmypasta wrote:

Correction: we will be servants to the robots/drones. And they will look exactly like the one in Rocky 4.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:16 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Correction: we will be servants to the robots/drones. And they will look exactly like the one in Rocky 4.

Leash Telander.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
KDdidit wrote:
Yeah, I learned about vaccines from the X-Files too.

It's not from the xfiles. Leashyourkids just posted today that his dad is recovering from Guillain Barre Syndrome as a result of the flu shot. It's rare but it happens. Who knows how many other auto immune diseases are from vaccines? There have been thousands of cases that have been settled.

My son was fine with them, my daughter never did well with her shots. Seacrest sounds like he had a bad experience. That's not made up. People should have the right to look at options and decide what risks they are willing to take and not be labeled as crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm 

Flu shots are a different story. This isn't about flu shots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

It's not from the xfiles. Leashyourkids just posted today that his dad is recovering from Guillain Barre Syndrome as a result of the flu shot. It's rare but it happens. Who knows how many other auto immune diseases are from vaccines? There have been thousands of cases that have been settled.

My son was fine with them, my daughter never did well with her shots. Seacrest sounds like he had a bad experience. That's not made up. People should have the right to look at options and decide what risks they are willing to take and not be labeled as crazy.

You know what your daughter really wouldn't have done well with? The diseases she was vaccinated against.

I'll tell you who would've killed for vaccinations ... the Incans, Aztecs, and every North American tribe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Thank you Spaulding.

And those yelling crazy would give comfort to anyone that questioned their decisions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Flu shots are a different story. This isn't about flu shots.

The amount of people that died from the flu in the US last year is in the hundreds..

Number of deaths from measles is...0.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
leashyourkids wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I just want to go on record as saying that I am 100% behind hot, fuckable robots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm 

Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
What do you do if you have a headache, or a cold?

I take nature's pain reliever, cannabis.

Where can we buy those things when we have a headache?
I'm out of the loop since college, for about.......well, too long now. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
What do you do if you have a headache, or a cold?

I take nature's pain reliever, cannabis.

Where can we buy those things when we have a headache?
I'm out of the loop since college, for about.......well, too long now. :oops:

I don't know where you can buy it, but I know where I can buy it.

You buy it before you get the headache, so you have it when you get the headache.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:18 pm 

Thanks. I turned the wrong way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:20 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Thanks. I turned the wrong way

Trying to buy weed?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:23 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:46 pm 

Oops wrong thread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm 

I completely support the right of parents to investigate things and do what is best for their kids. That is what we did and we decided to go with the recommended shots at the recommended times. We have some good friends that really pushed us to not do that and decided to not get any shots.

I like the guys who say they will not take an aspirin or anything for a headache. I got a buddy that will not take any pain medicine at all unless he is basically dying. But the guys smokes and drinks alcohol. :lol: Something about that does not add up. Just about the like the mom from our softball team a couple years back that wanted to bring the girls spinach smoothies for the postgame snack and yet she smokes like a chimney :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I completely support the right of parents to investigate things and do what is best for their kids. That is what we did and we decided to go with the recommended shots at the recommended times. We have some good friends that really pushed us to not do that and decided to not get any shots.

I like the guys who say they will not take an aspirin or anything for a headache. I got a buddy that will not take any pain medicine at all unless he is basically dying. But the guys smokes and drinks alcohol. :lol: Something about that does not add up. Just about the like the mom from our softball team a couple years back that wanted to bring the girls spinach smoothies for the postgame snack and yet she smokes like a chimney :lol:

The jury's still out on cigarettes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
It takes a special kind of willful arrogant ignorance to look at a disease like, say, smallpox - eradicated solely and entirely by vaccination - and then think they're doing either their child, their fellow man, or even their god some big favor by thinking they're above such trifilngs.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. Man thinks he rules the world when it's probably more accurate to say it's ruled by viruses. A generation for a virus is so short it can evolve very quickly. Recommended reading: A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer.

How does ANYONE agree with the statement that I/We need to be vaccinated from a virus that we claim has been eradicated?

Are you aware that viruses can remain dormant for thousands of years?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
A good polio epidemic combined with a maybe a killer flu outbreak or other resurgent virus could solve our pension issues. Old people would die off in droves. And everyone still dumb enough to smoke cigarettes--thank you, you're a true patriot. Your premature, excruciatingly slow, painful death will not be in vain!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:

I don't take medication at all. The last time I took some was in about 2006 or 2007 when I went in for a check up and the doctor told me I had slow liver function. He made it sound like I was going to die so I took his advice. When I researched it I realized it was nowhere near as serious as he made it sound.

My youngest daughter had to spend a few days in ICU because of an asthma attack at 4. She took medication for it daily. Whenever the weather changed she would need albuterol to calm it down. A couple of years ago I decided to try to slowly wean her off of it. She hasn't taken any medication in over a year and hasn't needed it. We don't get flu shots or take medication. That being said I do get my kids vaccinated because I am more fearful of being wrong about that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I once saw a story about a Redskin cheerleader that got fucked up after a flu shot. So I stopped getting them. Older people need them. I figure I can survive the flu.

Bernstein thinks you're an evil parent for not doing all the shots doctors suggest, Spaulding. But you make good points. You're probably right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I picture interactions between Cutler and Cavallari to be very similar to those between Elaine and Puddy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:

Just because you have 1 or 2 bad habits doesn't mean you need to have all of them. I don't really think there is anything inconsistent or hypocritical about smoking/drinking and trying to be healthy in other ways.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I picture interactions between Cutler and Cavallari to be very similar to those between Elaine and Puddy.

By comparison Elaine & Puddy would be closer to Marie & Pierre Curie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
It takes a special kind of willful arrogant ignorance to look at a disease like, say, smallpox - eradicated solely and entirely by vaccination - and then think they're doing either their child, their fellow man, or even their god some big favor by thinking they're above such trifilngs.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. Man thinks he rules the world when it's probably more accurate to say it's ruled by viruses. A generation for a virus is so short it can evolve very quickly. Recommended reading: A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer.

How does ANYONE agree with the statement that I/We need to be vaccinated from a virus that we claim has been eradicated?

Are you aware that viruses can remain dormant for thousands of years?

I am.

Are you aware that the body's immune system creates billions of white cells a day to fight off all types of viruses?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 am 
Site Admin

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
A good polio epidemic combined with a maybe a killer flu outbreak or other resurgent virus could solve our pension issues. Old people would die off in droves. And everyone still dumb enough to smoke cigarettes--thank you, you're a true patriot. Your premature, excruciatingly slow, painful death will not be in vain!

Polio was in retreat when the virus was created.

And btw, when does the "flu season" start?

Then check when the flu virus is made.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
For once bernstein is correct. This is about the collective. A parent failing to have a child vaccinated for the reasons being stated is like a parent who refuses to stop at red lights for fear of being carjacked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next