It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Would you guys take your kids to a park if you knew a meteor was about to destroy it?

I have no experience with meteors.

Do you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
Will you give your child a vaccine if you knew it would do serious harm?

Once again, that is an invalid question. There exists no vaccine that you know will cause harm.
But since you want to be silly with this, sure, I'd do it anyway, just to fuck with you. But since no such thing exists then the point is moot and therefore really not worth talking about.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:48 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Would you guys take your kids to a park if you knew a meteor was about to destroy it?

I have no experience with meteors.

Do you?
There was a meteor over NY four days ago. Where do you live that they don't have meteors?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Once again, that is an invalid question. There exists no vaccine that you know will cause harm.
But since you want to be silly with this, sure, I'd do it anyway, just to fuck with you. But since no such thing exists then the point is moot and therefore really not worth talking about.

You are mistaken.

Vaccines do cause harm, and even death. Just ask the CDC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest wrote:
Just ask the CDC.

why would you do that, don't they cover stuff up ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

You are mistaken.

Vaccines do cause harm, and even death. Just ask the CDC.

So do road trips. Do you take any of those?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

In passing the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, Congress sought to strike a balance that would protect vaccine manufacturers from open-ended liability from private lawsuits while also creating a special fund to compensate those who suffer side effects from vaccines.

Roughly 100 to 200 claims for compensation are submitted each year to a special vaccine court. To date, the compensation fund has paid out $1.8 billion to 2,500 petitioners. The average award is about $750,000.

But compensation is only part of the Vaccine Injury Act’s purpose. Congress also sought to preempt lawsuits seeking open-ended money damages against vaccine manufacturers.

It's been fun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:58 pm 

100 to 200 claims each year, out of how many total vaccines given each year?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Douchebag wrote:
100 to 200 claims each year, out of how many total vaccinated?

Those are the claims that are not denied.

The problem with the law is that Congress did not specifically spell out which lawsuits may move forward in the courts against vaccinemakers and which must be dismissed.

The law says in part that no vaccine manufacturer shall be held liable for a vaccine-related injury or death “if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.”

Products liability law establishes three grounds for potential liability – if there is a defect in the manufacture, if there were inadequate warnings, or if there is a defective design.

Have you ever been warned about the side effects of vaccines?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:03 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

In passing the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, Congress sought to strike a balance that would protect vaccine manufacturers from open-ended liability from private lawsuits while also creating a special fund to compensate those who suffer side effects from vaccines.

Roughly 100 to 200 claims for compensation are submitted each year to a special vaccine court. To date, the compensation fund has paid out $1.8 billion to 2,500 petitioners. The average award is about $750,000.

But compensation is only part of the Vaccine Injury Act’s purpose. Congress also sought to preempt lawsuits seeking open-ended money damages against vaccine manufacturers.

It's been fun.

Yet a quarter MILLION children are killed on the roads every year. 200 vaccine claimes, but literally 1500 times as many DEATHS much less injuries just by driving on the roads. You're right, it HAS been fun. Because you've illustrated exactly how ignorant of the real hazards you are.
The anti vac crown suffers from nothing more than sheer ignorance. You say you're protecting your child, fine, then really protect your child. You're several hundred thousand times more likely to suffer a life changing injury driving your child around but because maybe 200 claims are made, of varying veracity, against vaccine makers well that's just too risky!
That might literally be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Literally. Just stupid as hell, and surprising from someone I thought was intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The HPV shot has been quite controversial with some. I had my wife ask a lot of questions with the pediatrician. She answered my concerns, and we had the shots administered.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:04 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Yes. You likely were also.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
doctors essentially tell you they're giving such and such vaccine as the needle goes in.

they are in the vaccination business, not the explain the potential side effects business.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
doctors essentially tell you they're giving such and such vaccine as the needle goes in.

they are in the vaccination business, not the explain the potential side effects business.

That's not true at all.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:12 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

If you didn't receive an information sheet on the vaccine then you probably need a new doctor but you can also ask and they will give it to you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hatchetman wrote:

My friendly advice is to not gleefully board the idiot train in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:15 pm 

I don't recall any forms 10 years ago when my kids were vaccinated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:16 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
[
My friendly advice is to not gleefully board the idiot train in this thread.

any train has got to be more fun than the one BRick drives. :lol: WOOO WOOOO!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It's been fun.

Yet a quarter MILLION children are killed on the roads every year. 200 vaccine claimes, but literally 1500 times as many DEATHS much less injuries just by driving on the roads. You're right, it HAS been fun. Because you've illustrated exactly how ignorant of the real hazards you are.
The anti vac crown suffers from nothing more than sheer ignorance. You say you're protecting your child, fine, then really protect your child. You're several hundred thousand times more likely to suffer a life changing injury driving your child around but because maybe 200 claims are made, of varying veracity, against vaccine makers well that's just too risky!
That might literally be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Literally. Just stupid as hell, and surprising from someone I thought was intelligent.

There are for more than 200 claims per year.

Those are claims that are paid out on.

And if there is someone here that does stats, you will find that your example is a poor one.

How many car rides do you think that the average kid takes a day? 3 sound fair?

73 million kids times 3 rides a day times 365 days a year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

What vaccine were you warned about?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

What vaccine were you warned about?
My flu vaccine every year I've had it, and the tetanus booster I had a few years ago.

Anyways, you'd think someone as concerned as you seem to be would be making sure that you ask for the information that they obviously have.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It's been fun.

And if there is someone here that does stats, you will find that your example is a poor one.

Your post said 100-200 claims per year are submitted. 2500 total pay outs. Did you read your post?
Second, which is more likely to cause harm to your child, getting vaccinated, or taking a road trip vacation? Seriously, which do you think could be more risky?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It's been fun.

Your post said 100-200 claims per year are submitted. 2500 total pay outs. Did you read your post?
Second, which is more likely to cause harm to your child, getting vaccinated, or taking a road trip vacation? Seriously, which do you think could be more risky?

Seriously, do the math.

For our second son, the risk was far greater having him immunized based upon what happened to his older brother. We are not one of the 200 cases. And there are many others like us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 pm 

Fine. Whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want. This is America. Land of the Free.
I'm through here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:38 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
For our second son, the risk was far greater having him immunized based upon what happened to his older brother. We are not one of the 200 cases. And there are many others like us.
If what you say is true, and a doctor did not recommend the younger brother to get the vaccinations, you should hate the anti-vaxxers more than anyone.

Unsubstantiated cocktail party talk rather than actual science is really dangerous for your unvaccinated child.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:41 pm 

I saw a kid get hurt once playing sports. It harmed him. But he lived.
Therefore, sports are potentially harmful and I will not let my kids play sports.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Fine. Whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want. This is America. Land of the Free.
I'm through here.

Have a glorious week end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
spanky wrote:
Therefore, sports are potentially harmful and I will not let my kids play sports.

What about playing goalie in hockey?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:

What about playing goalie in hockey?

Safe as milk until you take a puck to the windpipe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 48  Next