It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Or a skate to the jugular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:49 pm 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
I saw a kid get hurt once playing sports. It harmed him. But he lived.
Therefore, sports are potentially harmful and I will not let my kids play sports.

What about playing goalie in hockey?

I'm not sure.
Millions of studies have shown that sports are beneficial for kids physically, socially, and emotionally.
But I know that Corey Crawford fell off a step and got hurt at the House of Blues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
I saw a kid get hurt once playing sports. It harmed him. But he lived.
Therefore, sports are potentially harmful and I will not let my kids play sports.

What about playing goalie in hockey?

I'm not sure.
Millions of studies have shown that sports are beneficial for kids physically, socially, and emotionally

Those are some of the reasons we let our kids play sports.

And thanks to Darkside, we now know that a child is statistically more likely to be injured by a vaccine then he is driving around with his parents in a car.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
And thanks to Darkside, we now know that a child is statistically more likely to be injured by a vaccine then he is driving around with his parents in a car.

Jesus jumped up christ I am praying to god that this is a joke and not you being truly stupid.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

You can make those choices for your kids when you are blessed with children.

Oh. Ok. Because there's no public effect on these choices. Alrighty then.
So, your children never ride in cars, in planes, take cruises or do anything at all that carries a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of injury? They play no sports? They don't have occupations? You don't let them ride bikes or go on roller coasters? You would never let one go to a baseball game, because you could get hit in the head with a line drive foul ball and cause life changing injury?
What in the world would you do? Keep your child in a bubble? Because of almost every single imaginable everyday activity, it would carry more risk or permanent health implications than a vaccine would.

Stop talking stuff and do the real math yourself.

How many kids in this country died on a cruise ship last year?

How many kids in this country died in a plane crash last year?

How many kids in this country died playing baseball?

You came here and got all hyperbolic and all I'm asking of you is to back your assertions with readily available numbers.

If you are too busy, I understand. Enjoy your week end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

You came here and got all hyperbolic and all I'm asking of you is to back your assertions with readily available numbers.

The point, Seacrest, is that life is a series of risky behavior. I don't care how you spin it driving even 10 miles a day is riskier than taking any vaccine is. For most rational people, these are risks that must be taken to still deal with life. We need to get to work, we need to enjoy our lives so we engage in risky behavior such as driving to accomplish those tasks.
But to not vaccinate, and endanger not only your own children but the children of others because of a miniscule risk to me is like saying "I'll never drive anywhere because it's too dangerous" which I believe we can both agree would be silly.
I find the anti vaccination crowd selfish, and ignorant. Again the guy I talked to was smoking a fucking cigarette in the house telling me about the poisons the vaccines deliver to the body. Just ridiculous.
There's a thousand and one everyday behaviors that are considerably riskier than vaccination.
That's pretty much it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:57 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

So, your children never ride in cars, in planes, take cruises or do anything at all that carries a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of injury? They play no sports? They don't have occupations? You don't let them ride bikes or go on roller coasters? You would never let one go to a baseball game, because you could get hit in the head with a line drive foul ball and cause life changing injury?
What in the world would you do? Keep your child in a bubble? Because of almost every single imaginable everyday activity, it would carry more risk or permanent health implications than a vaccine would.

Oh and for the record, I didn't "Killed" with the above mentioned activities, I said injured. To be more precise, life altering injury, if you want to get technical. And those activities certainly cause more life altering injury than vaccines do.

Has anyone actually been killed by a vaccine?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:05 pm 

You know, something about this thread reminds me of the Bermuda Triangle.
We all know about the history of the Bermuda Triangle.
But if you plot all the missing and sunk planes and boats over the globe, there is no more missing ships/planes than over any other area of similar size and traffic density.
But it sounds sexy and cool. The BERMUDA TRIANGLE.... OOOH!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Oh and for the record, I didn't "Killed" with the above mentioned activities, I said injured. To be more precise, life altering injury, if you want to get technical. And those activities certainly cause more life altering injury than vaccines do.

Has anyone actually been killed by a vaccine?

Yes, children die from vaccines every year.

And more life altering injuries occurred in the US last year from vaccines then then occurred from plane rides or cruise ships.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
And more life altering injuries occurred in the US last year from vaccines then then occurred from plane rides or cruise ships.

Oh yeah, how many? How many deaths? How many total injuries? I see your post above said 200 claims which means that number must be less than 200 because we all know many baseless claims are made. I'm no Don Tiny but I suspect that there is a pretty safe percentage to assume.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Oh yeah, how many? How many deaths? How many total injuries? I see your post above said 200 claims which means that number must be less than 200 because we all know many baseless claims are made. I'm no Don Tiny but I suspect that there is a pretty safe percentage to assume.

Well, just a quick check found these stats... 2014 was an incomplete data set so I'll use 2013 as the last full year of data.
366 claims paid 627 claims dismissed.
And 2013 was by far one of the higher years of claims, probably because of the anti vacc boob crew.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I'm no math major, but think of the amount of kids that took plane rides last year, without being in a crash.

Now, if 50 kids made it to the paid claim status on vaccines, (most do not), then any percentage at all is going to more than almost no plane crashes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:45 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I'm no math major, but think of the amount of kids that took plane rides last year, without being in a crash.

Now, if 50 kids made it to the paid claim status on vaccines, (most do not), then any percentage at all is going to more than almost no plane crashes.

Hold on... this might be interesting...
Agree or disagree with the following statement:

"Buying 50 Mega Millions Lotto Tickets significantly increases your odds of winning vs. 1 ticket".

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Well, just a quick check found these stats... 2014 was an incomplete data set so I'll use 2013 as the last full year of data.
And 2013 was by far one of the higher years of claims, probably because of the anti vacc boob crew.

Alright, now take the amount of kids that were vaccinated.

Probably in the range of 20M on the high side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

"Buying 50 Mega Millions Lotto Tickets significantly increases your odds of winning vs. 1 ticket".

Thanks.

It would increase your odds of wining.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:49 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

4.5 million birth rate on average, I don't know how many vaccines are injected per baby, probably quite a few.
Still, no where near as dangerous, overall, as driving to work, or school, or on a road trip to the game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Thanks.

It would increase your odds of wining.

Ok. Let's not discuss statistics any longer then.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Darkside wrote:
4.5 million birth rate on average, I don't know how many vaccines are injected per baby, probably quite a few.
Still, no where near as dangerous, overall, as driving to work, or school, or on a road trip to the game.

How many trips a day does the average kid take in a vehicle. Is 3 a fair number?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
How many trips a day does the average kid take in a vehicle. Is 3 a fair number?

I don't think we should discuss statistics. Go buy a handful of lotto tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I don't think we should discuss statistics. Go buy a handful of lotto tickets.

Then we definitely shouldn't be discussing what is "more likely" then.

Good chat.

I'm going to watch American Pickers. Btw, a colleague of mine went to high school with Frank and Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding and Seacrest,
If your kid were to get measles, mumps, or rubella would you take them to the doctor to treat it?

Yes. I'd also have say in the treatment they were going to get.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I have all of my vaccinations up to date. Even Chicken Pox because I never got that as a kid.

Is there a way to get unvaccinated? Maybe one of these crazies can show me how.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:03 pm 

In all fairness, I won't get a flu shot again. When I get old or if I'm of poor health I probably will but for now I'll just roll with the damn flu for a couple days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

I am (or was) against the Flu shot too, but goddam I had it before Thanksgiving and it knocked the fuck out of me for three straight days. Several times my fever was over 103. I went to the CVS minute clinic and the girl told me I was insane for going to work (agreed) and that if the fever got any higher (it was 103.4 at the time) I should go straight to the ER. I think I may get it next year and see what happens. I have never had one and never really got super sick, but this bout was almost too much to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I am (or was) against the Flu shot too, but goddam I had it before Thanksgiving and it knocked the fuck out of me for three straight days. Several times my fever was over 103. I went to the CVS minute clinic and the girl told me I was insane for going to work (agreed) and that if the fever got any higher (it was 103.4 at the time) I should go straight to the ER. I think I may get it next year and see what happens. I have never had one and never really got super sick, but this bout was almost too much to deal with.

Well, we're not getting younger and it gets more dangerous as we get older. I suppose I should consider it maybe. Seems to me that they just guess on which strains they need to put in the vaccine, and they tend to miss some strains that go around so =getting the shot doesn't mean no flu. I'd rather not get it. I don't think I've had the flu since high school??? somewhere around there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

My buddy is an ER doc and he said most years they have the flu shot strain down. This year was one of the biggest misses ever he said.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
My buddy is an ER doc and he said most years they have the flu shot strain down. This year was one of the biggest misses ever he said.

Oh really? Food for thought. In my line of work I am shocked I don't get sick more than I do. I'm in 5-8 houses a day, and working around the ventilation systems I imagine I'm in the nerve center of most houses sick zones.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:15 pm 

Darkside wrote:
In all fairness, I won't get a flu shot again. When I get old or if I'm of poor health I probably will but for now I'll just roll with the damn flu for a couple days.

Why not?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:15 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Oh really? Food for thought. In my line of work I am shocked I don't get sick more than I do. I'm in 5-8 houses a day, and working around the ventilation systems I imagine I'm in the nerve center of most houses sick zones.

Kids. Kids are the nerve center of sick zones.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Why not?

Because I feel like at my age the flu isn't particularly dangerous... and i'd rather have a couple legit days off with the flu than work my 70 fucking hour weeks LOL I say that until I actually am filling buckets of shit and puke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next