It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Divvy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I had to go pick up my bike from the shop in downtown Evanston. I walked to Lunt and Western and grabbed a Divvy bike. I planned to dock it at the Davis Street el stop. When I got there the whole rack was full. I added the free 15 minutes and checked the kiosk for the next closest rack. It said Sheridan and Chicago but noted that that rack was also full. It was pouring rain and I was getting pissed. I wasn't sure where another rack was. I knew there was one at Norris Center on the NU campus but I wasn't sure if that was the one they were calling Sheridan and Chicago and anyway it was far from where I was going.

I called the 800 help line. The first person I got was an Asian woman who hung up on me. I called back and got a dude with a Slavic accent. He tried taking me through his script but I wasn't having it. I said, "Look guy, just tell me where I can dock this fucking bike." I thought he might hang up too so I tried being nice but he couldn't tell me shit. I ended up riding to Norris Center and was able to dock the bike. Then I walked all the way back downtown in the rain.

Fuck Divvy.

Post subject: Re: Divvy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I had to go pick up my bike from the shop in downtown Evanston. I walked to Lunt and Western and grabbed a Divvy bike. I planned to dock it at the Davis Street el stop. When I got there the whole rack was full. I added the free 15 minutes and checked the kiosk for the next closest rack. It said Sheridan and Chicago but noted that that rack was also full. It was pouring rain and I was getting pissed. I wasn't sure where another rack was. I knew there was one at Norris Center on the NU campus but I wasn't sure if that was the one they were calling Sheridan and Chicago and anyway it was far from where I was going.

I called the 800 help line. The first person I got was an Asian woman who hung up on me. I called back and got a dude with a Slavic accent. He tried taking me through his script but I wasn't having it. I said, "Look guy, just tell me where I can dock this fucking bike." I thought he might hang up too so I tried being nice but he couldn't tell me shit. I ended up riding to Norris Center and was able to dock the bike. Then I walked all the way back downtown in the rain.

Fuck Divvy.

The real question is did you find any change or follow the Idaho stop rules?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
riding a divvy has never crossed my mind.

neither has this situation.

fuck divvys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
That is precisely why I never gave Divvy a go.

How's the new bike?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
That is precisely why I don't ride too far from home if rain is in the forecast. Why not just Uber?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fuck Divvy.

Should have just carjacked an old man.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 pm 

Buy a car.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
a genius wrote:
Why not just Uber?

Might as well embrace the suck at that point

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
a genius wrote:
Why not just Uber?

Might as well embrace the suck at that point

Good advice. Done it MANY times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Buy a car.

JORR doesn't like taking the Mercedez out of the underground garage when it is raining.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Buy a car.

JORR doesn't like taking the Mercedez out of the underground garage when it is raining.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fuck Divvy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've gotten a Slavic guy on the Divvy line as well.

Anyway, yea I hate when the racks are full. They gotta somehow have more oversight on these. Like, have people that monitor which racks are full and empty and bring someone to balance em out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
whistler wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fuck Divvy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've gotten a Slavic guy on the Divvy line as well.

Anyway, yea I hate when the racks are full. They gotta somehow have more oversight on these. Like, have people that monitor which racks are full and empty and bring someone to balance em out.

always a good sign for your take when whistles is on your side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
They paid whoever they had to pay, got their contract, and now they just run a sloppy show. The bikes are all in poor condition, low tires, etc.

The business model they sold was that when racks were full they would have their guys in trucks removing several bikes and taking them to racks that were empty. Obviously, that isn't happening.

What if I had an actual appointment? I have to spend an extra half hour searching for a rack to dock this motherfucker? Are you kidding me? How could I ever trust Divvy again? The whole idea is that it is convenient, not wildly inconvenient.