It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Metal Detector Policy
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
This applies to all sports leagues and stadiums requiring a passage through metal detectors for their customers. What a useless cover-your-ass policy.

You bring a bag along with you to a stadium with snacks, water, camera etc. Open the pack, guy takes 5 seconds to poke around with a stick. Then you walk through the detector.

Sure, OK, that'll 100% prevent whatever this policy is trying to do. Which, what is the policy trying to accomplish?

I don't feel any safer than before the detectors. And if anything does go wrong then you can really screw into Team A and League X for having these "security" measures and not catching anything!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Agreed. Yesterday was ridiculous at Wrigley. It's a complete clusterfuck and is completely disorganized. The process at Miller Park is smoother but still an unnecessary pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 pm 

Sounds like someone has a piercing in a place that isn't visible.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Kirkwood wrote:
This applies to all sports leagues and stadiums requiring a passage through metal detectors for their customers. What a useless cover-your-ass policy.

You bring a bag along with you to a stadium with snacks, water, camera etc. Open the pack, guy takes 5 seconds to poke around with a stick. Then you walk through the detector.

Sure, OK, that'll 100% prevent whatever this policy is trying to do. Which, what is the policy trying to accomplish?

I don't feel any safer than before the detectors. And if anything does go wrong then you can really screw into Team A and League X for having these "security" measures and not catching anything!!!

it's effectiveness can be questioned, but you'd have to concede the mere presence of some form of security is a deterrent to terrorists and probably worth the temporary inconvenience to the fan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I haven't had a problem at Wrigley this season. At Sox Park, well, in typical White Sox fashion, it's fucked up with lines still around the park in the first inning.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 pm 

billypootons wrote:
it's effectiveness can be questioned, but you'd have to concede the mere presence of some form of security is a deterrent to terrorists and probably worth the temporary inconvenience to the fan

Not at all. Literally nothing is accomplished.

There are now lines of people milling about waiting to walk through metal detectors now. aka EASY TARGET.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
At Sox Park, well, in typical White Sox fashion, it's fucked up with lines still around the park in the first inning.

they can't get all 20 people through the gate in a reasonable amount of time ?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:58 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Not at all. Literally nothing is accomplished.

There are now lines of people milling about waiting to walk through metal detectors now. aka EASY TARGET.

ok, well i obviously disagree. anyone can bitch about something, what do you propose as a solution?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:05 pm 

remove the metal detectors and allow customers entry like they have for over 100 years.

violent events occur outside stadiums or parking lots NOT inside stadiums. and when the rare occurrences of violence inside stadiums happens it's drunks punching each other.

but teams have no issue threatening the safety of others fans as long as the nearby drunk is willing to fork over $9.50

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
remove the metal detectors and allow customers entry like they have for over 100 years.

violent events occur outside stadiums or parking lots NOT inside stadiums. and when the rare occurrences of violence inside stadiums happens it's drunks punching each other.

but teams have no issue threatening the safety of others fans as long as the nearby drunk is willing to fork over $9.50

aka, bury your head in sand..... i guess i prefer the metal detector approach but that's just me. your premise of the metal detector lines is creating a more unsafe situation than the benefit provided by the metal detectors is just wrong IMO. I go to bears games and have dealt with the metal detectors for a while now. I get there early to avoid the long lines. I feel safer with the metal detectors

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:20 pm 

[/color]
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

aka, bury your head in sand..... i guess i prefer the metal detector approach but that's just me. your premise of the metal detector lines is creating a more unsafe situation than the benefit provided by the metal detectors is just wrong IMO

Just one part of my premise. They're a cover-your-ass initiative against liability as well as selfish reason to get fans into stadiums earlier.

"Remember fans, show up early to the ballpark so you can avoid getting stuck in metal detector lines to get into the park"

How convenient, now you're in the park an hour early rather than 15 minutes early. Got an hour to kill so get some grub, a beer, browse the fan shop, etc.

Fan safety is probably 2% of the reason they were implemented.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I want to get into the park early so i can stare at the nets along the baselines.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
What is the security like for concerts at Wrigley? Most concerts are pretty lax for those so inclined to bring in party favors. Asking for a friend.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:42 pm 

I'll be there too, buddy ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
hoju wrote:
I'll be there too, buddy ;)

Giddyup.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I want to get into the park early so i can stare at the nets along the baselines.

You are to stupid to attend a winning franchises home games. Go Go White Sox.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Still no closure to this past summer's gun in the belly fat episode at the Cell?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
a genius wrote:
Still no closure to this past summer's gun in the belly fat episode at the Cell?

MANY White Sox fans have fat bellies. Give them time to crack the case.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:19 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

That's what it really comes down to. But makes it worse because people feel safe, therefore let their guard down when a box cutter is in their throat.