It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quad City Pat.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
beni hanna wrote:
Don't understand all of the denisdman discontent. He did beni a favor. Went to his home to pick up some stuff, and laughed about stoopid bored stuff about his home and a few other unmemorable topics. Then talked as anyone does on a driveway...family, dogs, baseball, kids and a hectic life schedule. All around good guy.

If he made sick money you would never know it. He'd be more interested in sick kids. Biggest flaw that beni read may be he tried to give more detailed explanations using himself as part of example. So his communicative style wasn't humble enough for some? Must have rubbed a few wrong and he should have said less? Just a little surprised by that. The last thing the guy beni met was interested in doing was give beni the ol "Hey buddy, look at me and what I got".

beni will stick with using third person as an unfortunate communicative approach.

Let's keep this simple beni...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dennis is a good guy. But we all have to live with our board memes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Tad Queasy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Don't understand all of the denisdman discontent. He did beni a favor. Went to his home to pick up some stuff, and laughed about stoopid bored stuff about his home and a few other unmemorable topics. Then talked as anyone does on a driveway...family, dogs, baseball, kids and a hectic life schedule. All around good guy.

If he made sick money you would never know it. He'd be more interested in sick kids. Biggest flaw that beni read may be he tried to give more detailed explanations using himself as part of example. So his communicative style wasn't humble enough for some? Must have rubbed a few wrong and he should have said less? Just a little surprised by that. The last thing the guy beni met was interested in doing was give beni the ol "Hey buddy, look at me and what I got".

beni will stick with using third person as an unfortunate communicative approach.

Nice post, beni.

I met denis at Lakemoorfest. Good guy -- not braggy.

Generous, too. Good guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Only board member I've seen on TV during a Cubs game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Like most of us some guys say things and they are not intended to be problematic. You kind of have to try pretty hard to dislike Dennis.

Dennis is a drama queen but I don't think anyone has said they didn't like him. He didn't like being poked so he announced that he's quitting the board AGAIN for like the 10th time. I'm sure he'll be back.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:

I made the big screen for Game 6 of the NLCS. #NeverForget

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Seacrest wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Let's keep this simple beni...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dennis is a good guy. But we all have to live with our board memes.

Of all the board memes to question/antagonize on this site, his is an unusual choice in beni's opinion. Not questioning it as this is your all's dime and dance floor.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

When most posts are a noun, a verb and "I'M RICH BITCH", it really isn't hard to remember. #BeHumble

I’m having a real hard time following you and Seacrest. Maybe he was right to ask if I read English. I have no beef with you, so I’ll apologize again for those (MANY) times when I wasn’t humble enough for the CFMB leaders.

You've worked hard and I don't have an issue with you being proud of what you have accomplished and never will. After all I'm the guy who got drunk and posted his W-2. That being said there is no reason to pretend that you haven't bragged over the years. There are a lot of guys who do well here and you never hear about it but they'll share MANY other things about themselves. Somehow we know what type of home you have, the price of a car you were buying, how much you pay for sports, investments you have made, that your kids go to a private school and that you love saying "pegging". Not much more than that. Again this is perfectly fine but you're not being honest my friend if you deny that you have bragged.

You know it’s funny how this place works. Someone who drops in and reads what you posted would nod his head and presume I am a big time dbag. But I have made 16k posts here over 11 plus years. So yeah, I’ve said some stuff.

Here’s a sample of how I have disclosed that stuff.

Travel baseball. So we have a discussion about the value of travel sports. We go back and forth, and of course I advocate for the value of travel ball. Then someone in an effort to counter my argument asks how much it costs. Then when I disclose that, it gets used against me for years.

Pulte. That came up in the discussion about the lack of recovery in home prices in Chicago vs other aeas. I posted a listing in my neighborhood as an example of what a home is going for vs what was paid back in 2003.

My car. That was in the IMU auto thread. I am passionate about cars, and I love to talk about German cars. But I guess that’s off limit from two thirds of the board leaders too.

Private school. Much like travel baseball, I am a big believer in charter schools and private education as a counter to poor quality public education. My experiences as someone who went through local public schools and universities along with sending my kids to private schools gives me plenty of firsthand knowledge.

For me to engage in discussions about these things, yes, I have related way too much of myself. I apologized several times in this thread. But frankly, fuck it. I am sick of the judgmental pack around this place. The CFMB mob is a whole lot of not fun. Even when you bow down and say sorry, it just keeps throwing it back in one’s face.

Ogie sorry. I am done now for good.

You once posted that you had saved 6 figured in your 529 (subject was the prospect of taxing it)

I remember being impressed. Good for you, dman.

Exactly! He's done well for himself and his family. No one has knocked the guy for his success. Reality is he's shared financial things that no one else does. When you go buy a car you may just announce to the board that you bought a car. Dennis would tell us he's getting ready to buy a $100k car. That's fucking fantastic that he can do that but it's also bragging.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

#FakeNews!

Last edited by Peoria Matt on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Like most of us some guys say things and they are not intended to be problematic. You kind of have to try pretty hard to dislike Dennis.

Dennis is a drama queen but I don't think anyone has said they didn't like him. He didn't like being poked so he announced that he's quitting the board AGAIN for like the 10th time. I'm sure he'll be back.

Interesting. Grow a pair or GTFO.

Anyone with pair (or single gonad excepted in cases of Lance Armstrong bracelet holders) stays regardless of written word...and spaulding of course.

beni has no skin...hehe...in this game. This one just struck him as odd.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:06 pm 

For the record, beni is pleased that the subject bearer of this thread is getting less ink because of this sideshow. Two shits will never be given for him or his thoughts after his little move here a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I won't forget that. I used to think you was cool.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Interesting. Grow a pair or GTFO.

Anyone with pair (or single gonad excepted in cases of Lance Armstrong bracelet holders) stays regardless of written word...and spaulding of course.

beni has no skin...hehe...in this game. This one just struck him as odd.

There was no need to grow a pair. Just be normal. I had no beef with him. I was teasing him. This is probably the 3rd time he's left the board for the same kinda teasing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I've also been seen sitting behind home plate a few games. Kirkwood and others have joined me down there.

Nas - was that just you or did I get some face time?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:20 pm 

so many beautiful people on the big screen.

ohh no! humble brags everywhere. heavens to murgatroyd where art thou humble police? Stop it now or face the wrath of the CFMB proper police.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
beni hanna wrote:
For the record, beni is pleased that the subject bearer of this thread is getting less ink because of this sideshow. Two shits will never be given for him or his thoughts after his little move here a few years back.

????

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

????

four corners putz good sir. You were here when the putz played a little 'love you guys' act to get himself on some 670 writing gig right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
beni hanna wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

????

four corners putz good sir. You were here when the putz played a little 'love you guys' act to get himself on some 670 writing gig right?

You have your Score kiss-asses mixed up. That was 10ft intellectual midget who did that, not dear Patrick.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I've also been seen sitting behind home plate a few games. Kirkwood and others have joined me down there.

You were on it too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

beni hanna wrote:

ohh no! humble brags everywhere. heavens to murgatroyd where art thou humble police? Stop it now or face the wrath of the CFMB proper police.

You're taking this really hard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

????

You have your Score kiss-asses mixed up. That was 10ft intellectual midget who did that, not dear Patrick.

Thank you for the correction. I do. The ass kissing blended together there. He's the call in kiss ass right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Negative good sir. Seems a little hypocritical, but the fact remains beni is gonna get his post count back up to 2.7 some way some how. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

You were on it too.

We're famous!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
beni hanna wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Let's wait and see how many of them quit the board because of your ball busting beni.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Negative good sir. Seems a little hypocritical, but the fact remains beni is gonna get his post count back up to 2.7 some way some how. 8)

Great post. Excellent point!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Great post. Excellent point!

Boom! 2.70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Most people say "I went to the game" but Dennis would say "I got a great deal of $7k for 2 seats behind home plate." That's bragging to me because that clearly isn't something most people do. I personally never had an issue with it and never will so I wouldn't call that being a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Let's wait and see how many of them quit the board because of your ball busting beni.

Zero. All protected under the single gonad Armstrong bracelet rules, thusly will not face the ultimate wrath of board police. Excepting Nas...carries the following

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Most people say "I went to the game" but Dennis would say "I got a great deal of $7k for 2 seats behind home plate." That's bragging to me because that clearly isn't something most people do. I personally never had an issue with it and never will so I wouldn't call that being a hypocrite.

Point remains: On this site a braggart, regardless if intentional or no, is of no significance in comparison to other more nefarious items. The braggart is the easy target. The intent is also important. Beni knew in his youth folks that carried this same trait. Good dudes, that maybe didn't get this fine point you and others have an issue with...sometimes saying less about what you have is more. It is understood that if one chooses to read and emphasize the 'this is me' aspect of the post or person, it is tiresome. Of all the different 'memes' and slight of post activities that go here, this is inconsequential in beni's book. As mentioned in original post, it is not ideal, but can be overlooked. Find a bigger, more consequential fish and wale away. Or sit there and flail away at the easy target multiple months and laugh because the guy said he was done MANY times.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

beni hanna wrote:
Point remains: On this site a braggart, regardless if intentional or no, is of no significance in comparison to other more nefarious items. The braggart is the easy target. The intent is also important. Beni knew in his youth folks that carried this same trait. Good dudes, that maybe didn't get this fine point you and others have an issue with...sometimes saying less about what you have is more. It is understood that if one chooses to read and emphasize the 'this is me' aspect of the post or person, it is tiresome. Of all the different 'memes' and slight of post activities that go here, this is inconsequential in beni's book. As mentioned in original post, it is not ideal, but can be overlooked. Find a bigger, more consequential fish and wale away. Or sit there and flail away at the easy target multiple months and laugh because the guy said he was done MANY times.

He was kinda teased and he took his ball and went home. Most people wouldn't react that way. I don't care who brags about anything and I think most people here are the say way. Nothing wrong with being proud of your success. Dennis wasn't targeted. No one has said they didn't like him. I met him once he was kinda quiet but seemed cool. I didn't think he would be quiet based on his posting style in CoC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So Rogue is Keyana?

Alright. I had that one.

Wrong .

Oh really?

My bad. Thought your screenshots showed you were posting as her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 59  Next