It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quad City Pat.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:
so when does this guy cross state lines with a minor?

He already has his minor in English. Learn to read !

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is "constitution" really a major? I've never heard anyone else say they majored in the Constitution but I've heard some major in pre law.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Darkside wrote:
Is "constitution" really a major? I've never heard anyone else say they majored in the Constitution but I've heard some major in pre law.

I mean, I guess you could specialize in Constitutional History. Thing is, Pat wants to treat this as a stand in for studying law, qualifying him to speak officiously on popular legal matters, when it doesn't really do that at all. It's analogous to the "I'm a lawyer" card DiCaro plays all the time when she starts looking like a fool, except with Pat it is much more pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If this dude was working on a case for a family member of mine I'd demand his removal based on his unhinged social media presence. It would seem to me his is not fit for duty and I wonder if a judge read these ramblings if he would agree.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
If this dude was working on a case for a family member of mine I'd demand his removal based on his unhinged social media presence. It would seem to me his is not fit for duty and I wonder if a judge read these ramblings if he would agree.

And MANY are worried about non-citizens working for the government. I am worried about nut jobs like this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Darkside wrote:

Certainly gives attorneys on the other side of cases he's worked on plenty of stuff to pick through and raise on cross examination.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
A conversation that must be had with a 10 yr old!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
That schmutize can go fuck himself too

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Maddux Boy is disavowing his handle?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Just an FYI: Leary was claiming on Twitter, he got accepted to Yale and went to the college last on his list(Depaul) instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Cashman wrote:
Just an FYI: Leary was claiming on Twitter, he got accepted to Yale and went to the college last on his list(Depaul) instead.

It's an amazing phenomenon that so many drooling idiots get accepted at Harvard and Yale but choose St. Ambrose and DePaul instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Maybe Dr Ken can do a "guess if this is an actual tweet from QCP or made up garbage" segment with whomever co-hosts on the podcast .

QCP:

"My dick is bigger than a bratwurst, and I will smack Rauner in the face with it."
"A dude bro didn't tip our illegal immigrant waitress, and I confronted him in the parking lot."
"I used the lady's restroom, and some girl's BF took offense at that."

I honestly can't tell if those are real or not.

Book him for the next podcast and find out!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

It's an amazing phenomenon that so many drooling idiots get accepted at Harvard and Yale but choose St. Ambrose and DePaul instead.

Those fucks should own up that they didn't get accepted. My dream school, ND, rejected me. It sucks. I am not going to pretend that I got accepted to ND and went to UIUC instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:49 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Those fucks should own up that they didn't get accepted. My dream school, ND, rejected me. It sucks. I am not going to pretend that I got accepted to ND and went to UIUC instead.

Right. I would have loved to attend NU in my backyard and it would be great to have a Northwestern degree. It's not really as easy as these guys make it seem to get into the Ivies. I'm sure li'l danny is rolling his eyes every time Larry says that stupid shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 am 

Sir has been throwing out different Ivy League schools that accepted him over the past 10 years. I believe he has said Dartmouth and Cornell in the past as well. I guess their baseball programs weren't good enough for him. His parents both had nice jobs, those schools have innumerable grants and minority scholarships abound at those places

At some point, you have to accept what your record says you are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Right. I would have loved to attend NU in my backyard and it would be great to have a Northwestern degree. It's not really as easy as these guys make it seem to get into the Ivies. I'm sure li'l danny is rolling his eyes every time Larry says that stupid shit.

Those places are highly selective. I think we had one kid from our 600+ class at Conant end up at NU. No one that I knew ended up at UC, Ivy or ND. I got down to U of I and had like 40 people from my class there. The whole ending of Risky Business is very true for suburban Chicago students.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Those places are highly selective. I think we had one kid from our 600+ class at Conant end up at NU. No one that I knew ended up at UC, Ivy or ND. I got down to U of I and had like 40 people from my class there. The whole ending of Risky Business is very true for suburban Chicago students.

I think that's changed though with Illinois preferring higher tuition from out-of-state students.

It's tough to get accepted anywhere. A friend of mine has a daughter who is in the top five of her class at the Illinois Math & Science Academy. She applied to twelve places and actually got rejected by five. When considering the available grants and scholarships it's cheaper for her to go to NU than Illinois.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I applied to the two main Indiana state schools, Marquette and ND. I only got accepted into 3 of the 4. I'll let you guess which one it was. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think that's changed though with Illinois preferring higher tuition from out-of-state students.

It's tough to get accepted anywhere. A friend of mine has a daughter who is in the top five of her class at the Illinois Math & Science Academy. She applied to twelve places and actually got rejected by five. When considering the available grants and scholarships it's cheaper for her to go to NU than Illinois.

Schools have really moved towards trying to get the full tuition paying foreigners onto campus to pay the bills. When I went to U of I, it was a simple sliding scale to get in. If you GPA was say 3.8, then you need a 26 on your Act. If your GPA was 3.5, then you needed a 28. Something like that. It was a clear in/out decision with no discretion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:15 am 

Just took my son to UofW-Madison for a college visit.

Out of state there is $50k/year. That seems insane to me.

In-state is about half that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Just took my son to UofW-Madison for a college visit.

Out of state there is $50k/year. That seems insane to me.

In-state is about half that.

Which is still insane.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:28 am 

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-h ... husetts-20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
NU was relatively cheap compared to other privates when I attended. I remember articles about Arnie Weber trying to hold down tuition but still, most were on aid of some sort or another. Had a friend that followed her boyfriend from Augustana to UIC in 94 I think and I thought she was doing it to save money but the loss of aid actually cost money.

In 92 when I was applying UIUC had a set scale. I think the scale was less than that but I can't remember. I know I got in and I think my GPA at time of application was 3.4 and I was a good standardized test taker or something like that. It was on the uptick mind you. If I understand correctly all of these schools are a lot harder to get into these days.

50K is insane. 25K is too for instate. I think UIUC was way sub 10 when I was a looking. NU was 17k tuition at the time, I think with fees and housing it was around 25k. Crap I'm old.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I went to the University of Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
When I went to Loyola in the late 80s I think tuition was around $10k. Now I think the H.S. I went to is that much per year. Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Maddux Boy is disavowing his handle?

Instead of hitching saddle to the HOFer, he is going with the journeymen/pitching coach brother, Mike Maddux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah...

Quad Cites...representin'...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
A New Jersey student was accepted to Stanford after he used one of his admissions essays to simply type “#BlackLivesMatter” 100 times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/04/06/his-application-essay-for-stanford-writing-blacklivesmatter-100-times-he-got-in/?utm_term=.ddc746d9aaad&wpisrc=nl_daily202&wpmm=1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
lipidquadcab wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah...

Quad Cites...representin'...

dport pride.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
A New Jersey student was accepted to Stanford after he used one of his admissions essays to simply type “#BlackLivesMatter” 100 times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/04/06/his-application-essay-for-stanford-writing-blacklivesmatter-100-times-he-got-in/?utm_term=.ddc746d9aaad&wpisrc=nl_daily202&wpmm=1

Clever I would say. Got the job done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 59  Next