It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubs "fans"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Met some parents from my kid's baseball team this weekend. Talk turned to "Who you like? Cubs or Sox?" Some mom said she loved the Cub because of Jose Cardenal. Some dad, who said he was a "huge Cub fan" (of course), said "He was a great shortstop." I just sat there silently and shook my head.

I'm old enough to have seen Jose Cardenal play for the Cub. He was an OF. But I looked it up anyway. According to Baseball Reference, he played 1/3 of an inning at SS in 1977. That was the only time he played SS in his 17 year MLB career.

Theory: Sox fans became Sox fans because most Cub fans are idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
yeah thanks for clearing that up, your direct quote based on a seven game sample size.

Didn't you just use a six game sample to extrapolate 54 homers? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Peter Puck wrote:
Met some parents from my kid's baseball team this weekend. Talk turned to "Who you like? Cubs or Sox?" Some mom said she loved the Cub because of Jose Cardenal. Some dad, who said he was a "huge Cub fan" (of course), said "He was a great shortstop." I just sat there silently and shook my head.

I'm old enough to have seen Jose Cardenal play for the Cub. He was an OF. But I looked it up anyway. According to Baseball Reference, he played 1/3 of an inning at SS in 1977. That was the only time he played SS in his 17 year MLB career.

You claimed to have seen him play, yet you still had to look it up, yeah that makes fucking sense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Yes, two people define all of us.

Which one of those guys was you?

We were at a Phillies/Cubs game at Citizens Bank Ballpark shortly after that stadium opened. As we usually do, we cheered extra loud to annoy the home team fans. I'll never forget this one Phillies fan as he was describing us to his friends. He said something like, "You'd think after 100 years the Cubs fans would just give up. There must be something seriously wrong with those people."

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Peter Puck wrote:

He was great at it though!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
yeah thanks for clearing that up, your direct quote based on a seven game sample size.

Forget it, he's rolling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

"In-Jest". If Rick get's to formulate his "Loss of Power" theory based on 7 games, should I get to use a 6-7 game sample too?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

You claimed to have seen him play, yet you still had to look it up, yeah that makes fucking sense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I neither saw every inning of every Cub game from 1972-1977 nor did I see every inning he played over 17 years. I didn't see him play before I was born or when I was in elementary school. Point proven by Caller Bob. Congrats. Go back to picking on Boiler Guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Peter Puck wrote:

Close. The majority of North side Sox "fans" are secretly (not so much anymore) Cubs fans. They chose to be Sox "fans" to be different.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

"In-Jest". If Rick get's to formulate his "Loss of Power" theory based on 7 games, should I get to use a 6-7 game sample too?

Hey! I'll be at the game tonight hangin' with my Cubbie fan buds Hot Doug, Bill Murray, and Larry Bell! We'll all be In-Jesting lots of specialty dogs and plenty o' brewskis! Larry is pissed we can't In-Jest Oberon or Two Hearted. We'll have to go to Guaranteed Rate Field for that!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm 

Guy Fieri wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Hey! I'll be at the game tonight hangin' with my Cubbie fan buds Hot Doug, Bill Murray, and Larry Bell! We'll all be In-Jesting lots of specialty dogs and plenty o' brewskis! Larry is pissed we can't In-Jest Oberon or Two Hearted. We'll have to go to Guaranteed Rate Field for that!

Will your "hairdresser" be joining you?

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/30/guy-fieri-hairdresser-fight-video/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

Yeah, I neither saw every inning of every Cub game from 1972-1977 nor did I see every inning he played over 17 years. I didn't see him play before I was born or when I was in elementary school. Point proven by Caller Bob. Congrats. Go back to picking on Boiler Guy.

You have a smart phone, why didn't you look up Cardenal's stats right there and chastise those baseball moms on the spot?!?!?!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I must reiterate you are a fucking duche.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Yes, two people define all of us.

Which one of those guys was you?

We were at a Phillies/Cubs game at Citizens Bank Ballpark shortly after that stadium opened. As we usually do, we cheered extra loud to annoy the home team fans. I'll never forget this one Phillies fan as he was describing us to his friends. He said something like, "You'd think after 100 years the Cubs fans would just give up. There must be something seriously wrong with those people."

In Philly? You're lucky they didn't string you up from the Rocky Statue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:23 pm 

mcbrides wrote:
I must reiterate you are a fucking duche.

douche

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I've enjoyed the "this needs to end" comment. Like when does BR ever drop an argument? Caller Bob winning rounds against a legend.

:lol:

This thread is full of win.

Prick vs Bob and Flapjack vs sarley

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

You have a smart phone, why didn't you look up Cardenal's stats right there and chastise those baseball moms on the spot?!?!?!

It was the dad, for starters, who claimed he was a SS. I had just met these people. I was not going to pull the "Cub fans sure are stupid card" immediately. Believe it or not, not everyone acts like their (anonymous) internet persona in real life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

It was the dad, for starters, who claimed he was a SS. I had just met these people. I was not going to pull the "Cub fans sure are stupid card" immediately. Believe it or not, not everyone acts like their (anonymous) internet persona in real life.

Got it. Basically, he would have whooped your ass, so here you are, making fun of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

Got it. Basically, he would have whooped your ass, so here you are, making fun of them.

Well, you made me laugh. No, concern about getting my ass whooped was not a factor in the decision to be polite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'd probably kick Peter Puck's ass if I ever met him just because I can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:42 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:

How do you know we haven't already met?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:44 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

How do you know we haven't already met?

Fuck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
And let the record show (thanks Murph) the OP is neither a Cubs nor a Sox fan. Just a casual observer making an observation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:10 pm 

Chus wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Probably just Sox fans who wanted to pretend like they were cool.
MANY Sox fans would have been able to give you the correct answers of Kevin Orie and Damon Berryhill.

What were you having for breakfast while watching the WGN Morning News, Frankie Flapjacks?
Please tell us.
The board is just dying to know!

Almost as much as we were dying to hear another pancake joke.

A mother and father took their six-year-old son, Frankie, to the doctor.
With some hesitation, they explained that although their little angel appeared to be in good health, they were concerned about his rather small penis.
After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared, 'Just feed him pancakes. That should solve the problem.'
The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast, there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of the table.
'Gee, Mom,' he exclaimed. 'For me?'
'Just take two,' the mother replied. 'The rest are for your father.'

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SteveSarley wrote:
Chus wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Probably just Sox fans who wanted to pretend like they were cool.
MANY Sox fans would have been able to give you the correct answers of Kevin Orie and Damon Berryhill.

What were you having for breakfast while watching the WGN Morning News, Frankie Flapjacks?
Please tell us.
The board is just dying to know!

Almost as much as we were dying to hear another pancake joke.

A mother and father took their six-year-old son, Frankie, to the doctor.
With some hesitation, they explained that although their little angel appeared to be in good health, they were concerned about his rather small penis.
After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared, 'Just feed him pancakes. That should solve the problem.'
The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast, there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of the table.
'Gee, Mom,' he exclaimed. 'For me?'
'Just take two,' the mother replied. 'The rest are for your father.'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm 

Anyone serving Johnnie Cakes?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Damn. Rick destroyed Caller Bob in this thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
You wish, PRICK. You got sodomized on your stupid ass Schwarber take and a half dozen posters told you the same. You don't want to go there.

I don't know what that means but it was obvious to everyone that you misquoted me once we actually got into it.

Since it seems to be such a huge deal to you, I have no issue with people who never had any doubts about Schwarber coming off a big injury. I think it was a question if he would be able to get back his power. Through a week, it seems like he probably did. It wasn't a prediction. It wasn't a knock on Schwarber any more than any other injured player. I never said he sucked. I never said he wouldn't hit a home run again. I never even said he has lost any amount of power besides not hitting a home run in the World Series.

The number has been set. If Schwarber hits 34 home runs this year then there is no reason to question if he lost any power from the injury. I think it's an interesting thing to watch and yet you think it is some grand victory that my question may end up with an outcome that you think would make me mad or upset. At this point, I would probably predict he hits over 34 home runs and I'm not going to be upset in the slightest about it. I have no reason to want to see a guy get derailed by injury unless his name is Jay Cutler.

Hopefully this settles the matter for you and others on here. It's getting tiresome to have to explain myself because you chose to completely misquote me.

He is on pace for 54 home runs in 2017. So we can settle it right now.

Geovany Soto is on pace for 90+ HRs. None of this means diddly shit in the 2nd week of the season. Dumb shit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
You wish, PRICK. You got sodomized on your stupid ass Schwarber take and a half dozen posters told you the same. You don't want to go there.

I don't know what that means but it was obvious to everyone that you misquoted me once we actually got into it.

Since it seems to be such a huge deal to you, I have no issue with people who never had any doubts about Schwarber coming off a big injury. I think it was a question if he would be able to get back his power. Through a week, it seems like he probably did. It wasn't a prediction. It wasn't a knock on Schwarber any more than any other injured player. I never said he sucked. I never said he wouldn't hit a home run again. I never even said he has lost any amount of power besides not hitting a home run in the World Series.

The number has been set. If Schwarber hits 34 home runs this year then there is no reason to question if he lost any power from the injury. I think it's an interesting thing to watch and yet you think it is some grand victory that my question may end up with an outcome that you think would make me mad or upset. At this point, I would probably predict he hits over 34 home runs and I'm not going to be upset in the slightest about it. I have no reason to want to see a guy get derailed by injury unless his name is Jay Cutler.

Hopefully this settles the matter for you and others on here. It's getting tiresome to have to explain myself because you chose to completely misquote me.

He is on pace for 54 home runs in 2017. So we can settle it right now.

Geovany Soto is on pace for 90+ HRs. None of this means diddly shit in the 2nd week of the season. Dumb shit.

As I covered earlier, seven games in the world series was clearly enough evidence for you dumb shit Sux fans to declare Shwarber no longer had "power". This isn't a burrito bar, you can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:31 pm 

When did I declare Schwarber had no power? I guess maybe it was the same time you thought Kris Bryant was the catcher for the Cubs.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next