It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubs "fans"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
I've enjoyed the "this needs to end" comment. Like when does BR ever drop an argument? Caller Bob winning rounds against a legend.

This could have ended multiple times.

1. He could have said "I said something stupid". It happens to the best of us. And we all move on.

2. He could have agreed with me when he said his quote was taken a bit out of context, the ultimate olive branch I offered.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Just admit that your entire premise was stupid and we'll move on. If not , well, Caller Bob will be here all year .
I don't think the premise was stupid. I'll always think it is fair to question the long term effects of a major injury like that in any sport. We only have to look as far as Derrick Rose to see that it can happen.

If a White Sox player ripped up their knee I'd have similar questions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Just admit that your entire premise was stupid and we'll move on. If not , well, Caller Bob will be here all year .
I don't think the premise was stupid. I'll always think it is fair to question the long term effects of a major injury like that in any sport. We only have to look as far as Derrick Rose to see that it can happen.

If a White Sox player ripped up their knee I'd have similar questions.

Yes, because the impacts of a torn ACL are exactly the same for an NBA point guard as they are a chubby slugging corner outfielder in Major League Baseball. APPLES TO APPLES.

You now join FavreFan in the horrible cross sports analogies hall of fame.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hockey Gay wrote:
I've never seen someone rattle Brick like this before.

Running March Madness is clearly taking it's toll on him . Should be in spring training working on that lost fastball. Sad to see even the mediocre sink lower.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I've enjoyed the "this needs to end" comment. Like when does BR ever drop an argument? Caller Bob winning rounds against a legend.

This could have ended multiple times.

1. He could have said "I said something stupid". It happens to the best of us. And we all move on.

2. He could have agreed with me when he said his quote was taken a bit out of context, the ultimate olive branch I offered.
:lol: I had moved on. Both 312player and you brought it up again today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It was a fair concern and there are several layers to that among other things Cubs related. I feel like there was an element of trolling implied in it. There is bitterness among the Sox fans because they trolled Cubs fans about the Plan and losing seasons all while contending many of the prospects would fail. For the Cubs fans, they have jumped on the Schwarber train full bore without a large body of work. So it's the typical back and forth that goes on around here where everyone inflates their arguments to make a point and backhand the other side.

I just like the Caller Bob train. It's a fresh scent in a stale room.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
This is like Rocky, eventually Rick will win but he will be bloodied and at the end will tell Caller Bob there will be no rematch...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:35 am 

denisdman wrote:
It was a fair concern and there are several layers to that among other things Cubs related. I feel like there was an element of trolling implied in it. There is bitterness among the Sox fans because they trolled Cubs fans about the Plan and losing seasons all while contending many of the prospects would fail. For the Cubs fans, they have jumped on the Schwarber train full bore without a large body of work. So it's the typical back and forth that goes on around here where everyone inflates their arguments to make a point and backhand the other side.

I thought it would fully end today when I offered him "context" peace offering. More than fair. I guess you can say, he's a good captain and willing to do down with his ship. Bravo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:

Unfortunately, that scent is curry filled diaper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yes, because the impacts of a torn ACL are exactly the same for an NBA point guard as they are a chubby slugging corner outfielder in Major League Baseball. APPLES TO APPLES.
Can you expound a little further on this thought? I don't want to misquote you but it sounds like you are saying ripping apart your knee isn't a cause for concern for an outfielder.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Can you expound a little further on this thought? I don't want to misquote you but it sounds like you are saying ripping apart your knee isn't a cause for concern for an outfielder.

It's a concern for his log term defensive prospects. Which is why I argued from day one he will never catch again, outside of an emergency role. And he's never going to be a GG defensive player in LF. His damage will be 100% with the bat.

It's certainly not a major concern for the power aspect of a player.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:49 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's a concern for his log term defensive prospects. Which is why I argued from day one he will never catch again, outside of an emergency role. And he's never going to be a GG defensive player in LF. His damage will be 100% with the bat.

:lol:

So now we are down to "not a major concern for the power aspect of a player". I'd say even a minor concern about the power of a player who also can't play the field well(according to Bob) would be enough to question a trade for Chris Sale. This means we are literally at a point where I said "something stupid" by considering it a concern while Bob thinks it was a minor concern. What a glorious day on the message board.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

:lol:

So now we are down to "not a major concern for the power aspect of a player". I'd say even a minor concern about the power of a player who also can't play the field well(according to Bob) would be enough to question a trade for Chris Sale. This means we are literally at a point where I said "something stupid" by considering it a concern while Bob thinks it was a minor concern. What a glorious day on the message board.

I never said "Minor Concern". Now that's a misquote.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:53 am 

What's the difference between "not a major concern" and "minor concern"?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

A medium curry scented turd?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Fair enough. So is there any concern at all about how someone could hit after a significant knee injury? Has any player in history been a worse hitter because of a lower body injury?

If I misquoted you then you have to be making an argument that there is no concern whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

A medium curry scented turd?

If it's curry scented, there is nothing medium about it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I predicted caller bob's ascent a long time ago. The guy is solid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:02 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I predicted caller bob's ascent a long time ago. The guy is solid.

I see some rope a dope going on. He's a touched a nerve. If something lacked curry smell, would it stink like curry?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Fair enough. So is there any concern at all about how someone could hit after a significant knee injury? Has any player in history been a worse hitter because of a lower body injury?

If I misquoted you then you have to be making an argument that there is no concern whatsoever.

Didn't Jermaine Dye get a compound fracture and come back better than ever with MORE power?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Rocky's of Westchester
Who cares if there's a new bandwagon of fans? It seems to go along with being a title contender for more than one season. Please refer to the current Blackhawks, 90's Bulls, and 80's Bears. The White Sox have never been relevant or meaningful enough locally or nationally to have a bandwagon, and it fuels the inferiority complex of many of their fans on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:12 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Didn't Jermaine Dye get a compound fracture and come back better than ever with MORE power?
Many players come back from injury and are as good as better. Some don't. I even said in my initial post that I would still trade for Schwarber. I'd just be very concerned trading Chris Sale for a guy coming off an injury like that who already wasn't very athletic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

My quote, there should be no concern for a major league baseball players "power potential" after an ACL injury. Full Stop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:31 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

My quote, there should be no concern for a major league baseball players "power potential" after an ACL injury. Full Stop.
Was that in another thread? In this thread you said it was not a major concern. That was what I took as a minor concern rather than no concern. My mistake if you didn't mean it that way.

So to be clear you don't think there should ever be concern for any hitter after a knee injury.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There should be no concern for a major league baseball players "power potential" after an ACL injury.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Was that in another thread? In this thread you said it was not a major concern. That was what I took as a minor concern rather than no concern. My mistake if you didn't mean it that way.

So to be clear you don't think there should ever be concern for any hitter after a knee injury.

there should be no concern for a major league baseball players "power potential" after an ACL injury.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kenny Owens wrote:
Who cares if there's a new bandwagon of fans? It seems to go along with being a title contender for more than one season. Please refer to the current Blackhawks, 90's Bulls, and 80's Bears. The White Sox have never been relevant or meaningful enough locally or nationally to have a bandwagon, and it fuels the inferiority complex of many of their fans on this board.

Wrong and just plain stupid.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

there should be no concern for a major league baseball players "power potential" after an ACL injury.

So it has never happened in the history of baseball?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 pm 

You have my quote.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
Yes, two people define all of us.

Which one of those guys was you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next