It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howard Dean
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
For his completely wrong understanding of freedom of speech

http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/20/howar ... -is-not-pr

If we're going to rightly call out attacks on freedom of the press by Trump and Co. then you must also condemn with equal fervor attacks on other aspects of the 1st Amendment, such as our right to free speech.

Post subject: Re: Howard Dean
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 am 
Why are all of these idiots falling for this? The know that this she-male will just play the victim card all the way to the finish line. Let her speak, ignore her and move on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Baby McNown wrote:
Why are all of these idiots falling for this? The know that this she-male will just play the victim card all the way to the finish line. Let her speak, ignore her and move on.

I agree with this entirely and that is why I respect Reich's statement on the matter. I disagree with him vehemently on economic matters, but he is correct that the students have a right to listen to what she has to say, afterall, how else can you critique it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Ann is especially hated because she is almost always correct. Her books are both well researched and funny.
Left can not stand to be called out or worse--laughed at.

See her best seller (OK, all her books are best sellers) "Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole". Immigration, immigration, immigration.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i ... VRMYKPFRJA

Her book on Joe McCarthy, "Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism" is great scholarship. The words are even mostly every day words so even a caveman like B McNown could understand it.
https://www.amazon.com/Treason-Liberal- ... 177&sr=1-3

#phenomenal

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Her speeches are completely within the bound of the First Amendment.

That being said, I don't understand why Conservatives all want to follow in the Rush Limbaugh mold rather than the George Will mold (yeah money probably). Why do they feel the need to abrasive language and rile people up rather than use rational, well thought out arguments based on the traditional principles of right of center thought? The Glenn Becks of the world run around like bratty school children and do nothing to further the cause which they supposedly support. Coulter is such a smug and insincere person. It makes me sick to be in the same general thought camp as these folks. It further sickens me that they make personal attacks on their opponents rather than offer viable alternatives to those opponents' policy positions. The right wing media has lowered the standards of journalism to a back alley fight.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
denisdman wrote:
Her speeches are completely within the bound of the First Amendment.

That being said, I don't understand why Conservatives all want to follow in the Rush Limbaugh mold rather than the George Will mold (yeah money probably). Why do they feel the need to abrasive language and rile people up rather than use rational, well thought out arguments based on the traditional principles of right of center thought? The Glenn Becks of the world run around like bratty school children and do nothing to further the cause which they supposedly support. Coulter is such a smug and insincere person. It makes me sick to be in the same general thought camp as these folks. It further sickens me that they make personal attacks on their opponents rather than offer viable alternatives to those opponents' policy positions. The right wing media has lowered the standards of journalism to a back alley fight.

Oh well.

Because Rush fights back. Why let the left constantly do the #war stuff without pushback. NFW. That's the GOP go along to get along wing. Fuck them.
Just like that last fracas in Berkeley--righties finally fought back and kicked ass. Sometimes it's necessary.
Coulter likes to inflame on TV but her books are not at all insincere.
Anyway, her never ending hits on Ted Kennedy are priceless.

Black Trumpet attacks "Antifa" pussy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cPhax9G1Gw

#HavegunwillTravel
#LOL

#

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
You may win elections and ratings' wars with their approach. But the Republicans hold the three levers of power in Washington, and you can see clearly they are rudderless. Why is that? Because their entire agenda was anti-Hillary, anti-Obama, and anti-Obamacare. The Congress has accomplished nothing but rubber stamping Cabinet and Judge appointments.

As right of center voters, you "fight" the left with sound ideas. I truly believe this country is open to individualism, free markets and limited government. Instead, the right likes to war monger (China bash), gay bash, push religion onto others, and pander to Fortune 500 corporations. It pushes away the voters that would be willing to listen to a rational, well thought agenda of ideas and policies.

I recoil at Rush and his acolytes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think the Republicans are rudderless at all. They don't stand for much, but what they do stand for -- the upward redistribution of wealth and oppressive social policies -- they see to pretty well. Perhaps too well: time and time again we see that when voters get wise to what this party really believes in, they don't like it. "Hey, hold on, I love the Affordable Care Act, it's Obamacare I hate!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
That being said, I don't understand why Conservatives all want to follow in the Rush Limbaugh mold rather than the George Will mold (yeah money probably).

Probably because George Will is a fuckin' Cubs fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
That being said, I don't understand why Conservatives all want to follow in the Rush Limbaugh mold rather than the George Will mold (yeah money probably).

Probably because George Will is a fuckin' Cubs fan.

Simple answer. Two first names. Can't trust those fuckers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
But also a subject-predicate name, like NFL assistant coach Dean Pees.