It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: US News Media
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Please let's move past Hillary. We have a complete nut job as President and toxic politics both national and statewide. Plenty of relevant political news to talk about if you're so inclined.

Trump supporters, whether closeted or in the open, bring up Hillary as a shiny distraction from the disaster that is the Trump presidency.

Amen to that. And there's no reason to. She has no power to impact anything right now. If anyone really gives a rat's ass about good government and the good of this country, we need a close examination of the governance of this country.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Please let's move past Hillary. We have a complete nut job as President and toxic politics both national and statewide. Plenty of relevant political news to talk about if you're so inclined.

Trump supporters, whether closeted or in the open, bring up Hillary as a shiny distraction from the disaster that is the Trump presidency.

It doesn't help that she's cunting-up the news cycle at the moment with her 'poor me' nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 am 

hnd wrote:
Hillary needs to move past Hillary. a guy at work was like, "i was beginning to be like, damn, i wish i'd of voted for hillary instead of Gary Johnson, and then i read that talk she did and was like, oh yeah, i remember why i'm glad i didn't"

time softens peoples heart. look at G dubs. but gdubs isnt'/wasn't constantly trying to defend himself

So do you believe in free speech and independent thought? She doesn't need to move past anything. She can feel and say whatever she wants. It impacts nothing.

She dug her own political grave by acting that way. That should be enough for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It doesn't help that she's cunting-up the news cycle at the moment with her 'poor me' nonsense.

Well, Trump is her President too. So yeah poor me and poor all of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 am 

denisdman wrote:
hnd wrote:
Hillary needs to move past Hillary. a guy at work was like, "i was beginning to be like, damn, i wish i'd of voted for hillary instead of Gary Johnson, and then i read that talk she did and was like, oh yeah, i remember why i'm glad i didn't"

time softens peoples heart. look at G dubs. but gdubs isnt'/wasn't constantly trying to defend himself

So do you believe in free speech and independent thought? She doesn't need to move past anything. She can feel and say whatever she wants. It impacts nothing.

She dug her own political grave by acting that way. That should be enough for you.
Wouldn't it be just as true then that the people that don't like Hillary don't need to move past anything?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
denisdman wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Amen to that. And there's no reason to. She has no power to impact anything right now. If anyone really gives a rat's ass about good government and the good of this country, we need a close examination of the governance of this country.

I agree, but what corporate ad revenue owned tv news network is going to take charge on something that could lead to a minor destabilization of the country?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:06 am 

denisdman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Well, Trump is her President too. So yeah poor me and poor all of us.

Well yes, of course ... but to be bitching about the election still and walking out the "I won by 3 million votes" statement, while true, is as meaningless now as it was on election day. Her current course of action isn't getting her closer to winning a championship, so to speak.

She's a convenient target for Trump supporters and her doing this only will galvanize MANY to not entertain the possibility of questioning Trump and his band of buttfuckers. In other words, I see no tactical advantage from what she's doing presently for her or for those that like her or for those that detest Trump. That's-a no good, Stuffy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I had no idea she said anything about anything until I read this thread. Somehow, I have avoided talking about her, or hearing anybody else talk about her.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

This is true. she is hurting the dems as usual.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't think that was the case yesterday. I saw a collection of four articles where she was making every excuse you can imagine for why she lost. She did not included herself. That is worth note regardless of Trump.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Democrats need to move the fuck on from the Clintons. MANY Americans on both sides can agree on that, but the DNC just can't get on the same page.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
denisdman wrote:
hnd wrote:

do you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Chus wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I had no idea she said anything about anything until I read this thread. Somehow, I have avoided talking about her, or hearing anybody else talk about her.

thats not our fault, she was trending on twitter and fb and featured on these shitty media sites all day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am 

Chus wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The BadRogue's of the world will make sure every word she utters on TV or Social Media is documented for everyone to see, even if nobody cares to hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
hnd wrote:

Wouldn't it be just as true then that the people that don't like Hillary don't need to move past anything?

:cheers:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:21 am 

pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't think that was the case yesterday. I saw a collection of four articles where she was making every excuse you can imagine for why she lost. She did not included herself. That is worth note regardless of Trump.

And Trump is still making excuses why he lost the popular vote.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Nobama's
Chus wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:
denisdman wrote:

And Trump is still making excuses why he lost the popular vote.

But Obama bussed in illegals and convicted criminals into his inauguration to inflate the crowd size and no one talks about that. Trump won the popular vote if you discount all the illegals who voted for Hillary and the upper east coast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 am 

Good points.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
hnd wrote:

Correct. Nobody needs to move past anything. I'd just love it if this place did, which was my original point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
veganfan21 wrote:
I can't see a future for corporate media that isn't tied to generating ratings (as opposed to just fixating on newsworthy stories and investigations, regardless of ratings). So we'll get more covfefe drama than, say, investigative pieces on gang violence in Chicago. I also can't imagine how things were in the past. Were they less driven by the profit motive? Honestly not sure.

They were driven by profit even then, see William Randolph Hearst (and the fictionalized version of him in Citizen Kane)

Yellow Journalism in that era drew us into a war.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
I see no tactical advantage from what she's doing presently for her or for those that like her or for those that detest Trump.

She's gonna run again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:48 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I see no tactical advantage from what she's doing presently for her or for those that like her or for those that detest Trump.

She's gonna run again.

No, she's not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I hope not, but I have a bad feeling we're not done with the Clintons, whether it's Hillary or Chelsea. I think they'll realize Cory Booker is too BURRITO to really make it on a national stage.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:12 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

She's gonna run again.

No chance in hell. </VKM>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
I hope not, but I have a bad feeling we're not done with the Clintons, whether it's Hillary or Chelsea. I think they'll realize Cory Booker is too BURRITO to really make it on a national stage.

Cory Booker is too thirsty to be on the national stage. I'm sure there are some DMs and Tinder convos stashed somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/ ... index.html

Quote:
Trump at private dinner on NFL feud: 'It's really caught on'
Jim Acosta-Profile-Image
By Jim Acosta and Daniella Diaz, CNN
Updated 8:40 AM ET, Tue September 26, 2017

"It's really caught on. It's really caught on," Trump said of his NFL comments to attendees at the dinner, according to someone who attended. "I said what millions of Americans were thinking."
"You could really tell he was satisfied," this person in the room said about the President's comments.
Trump was referencing his crusade over the weekend in which he harshly criticized players who kneel during the national anthem. Many players who have done so have said they are protesting police brutality.

Two distinct issues are driving the national debate: Believing players should stand during National Anthem and the question of whether it's appropriate for a president to make an issue of it.
At the dinner, Trump also lashed at at GOP Sen. John McCain and his Attorney General Jeff Sessions, according to the source.
Trump described McCain, who said he won't support the latest GOP effort on health care, as a "disgrace" on the issue, the attendee said.
As for Sessions, Trump again said the attorney general should not have recused himself in the Russia investigation.
"You can tell he still has disdain for this guy," the attendee told CNN about Sessions. "The room was a little uncomfortable. He really pounded him."
On tax reform, Trump offered some marketing advice for the attendees at the dinner.
"Just call it tax cuts," Trump said, arguing that's how to explain the issue to everyday Americans.
"It sounds convoluted" when you call it tax reform, the person at the dinner quoted Trump as saying.

i have no reason to believe this is "fake news" but am I to assume the media is OK with single source reporting now? They state it was a single person but shouldnt they have to make abundently clear it was not corroborated or that no attempt was made to corroborate? They used to indicate stuff like that, now you just have to read carefully to see that this is a single person dictating to a CNN rep. you have to trust the "leaker" has no agenda or motive to push in leaking to CNN.... this is the new norm with media?

Last edited by billypootons on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am 

Not as much coverage on the Tennessee church shooter as there should be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Chelsea

Please, Jesus, no. No more political families.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
billypootons wrote:
i have no reason to believe this is "fake news" but am I to assume the media is OK with single source reporting now? They state it was a single person but shouldnt they have to make abundently clear it was not corroborated or that no attempt was made to corroborate? They used to indicate stuff like that, now you just have to read carefully to see that this is a single person dictating to a CNN rep. you have to trust the "leaker" has no agenda or motive to push in leaking to CNN.... this is the new norm with media?

bro, you're lucky to get one source anymore. The media in this country does not care. They never have, but now they can get away with it. Its all made up, just a stream of bullshit. They have sewn their fields with lies and Trump is the harvest they have wrought.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Not as much coverage on the Tennessee church shooter as there should be.

Trump running interference for Islamic terrorism by distracting people with Twitter nonsense about a dying football league.