It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vegan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Vegan,
Do you want me to make some posts about music to take some heat off you?

:lol:

If guys want to argue people like Russell Westbrook are not or will not be better than Pippen then I'm more than happy to push back. JORR can defend the players that used to run away from dinosaurs on their way to the local gym.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Vegan,

If guys want to argue people like Russell Westbrook are not or will not be better than Pippen then I'm more than happy to push back. JORR can defend the players that used to run away from dinosaurs on their way to the local gym.

Westbrook also fails your team success barometer. Interesting that you have it out for Wade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
This is why advanced metrics shouldn't be cited by morons.

FF vs Caller Bob heating up!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jorrs takes on scottie are my absolute favorite. He was the best player on three straight title teams but there's like a hundred guys better than him. Well, why didn't they lead three straight teams to titles then?

Everybody has a career peak. His game was at its best and he was in a situation where it wasn't necessary for him to carry the scoring load.

I'd never say he was better than Bernard King or Dominique.

And you'd be wrong. He led a team to the NBA Finals (foul on Hubert Davis doesn't count) while leading that team in EVERY major ststistical category. In '92, MANY said he was the best all-around player on the Dream Team.

I agree with some of your MJ takes, but your Scottie takes are awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Vegan,

Westbrook also fails your team success barometer. Interesting that you have it out for Wade.

But the argument wasn't Wade is better than LBJ - we all know LBJ is better. This is about individual talent and a who would you draft first kind of thing.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Vegan,

But the argument wasn't Wade is better than LBJ - we all know LBJ is better. This is about individual talent and a who would you draft first kind of thing.

Right. If it's a "who would you draft first to win a championship?" draft I'm taking Pippen over Westbrook, given what we've seen from Westbrook so far. If my goal isn't to win games but rather to get a player who might lead the league in triple doubles, I'd take Westbrook.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Vegan,

Right. If it's a "who would you draft first to win a championship?" draft I'm taking Pippen over Westbrook, given what we've seen from Westbrook so far. If my goal isn't to win games but rather to get a player who might lead the league in triple doubles, I'd take Westbrook.

I'd also draft Pippen if I had a better player like Westbrook on the team that Pippen can support.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 pm 

If Westbrook was as good as you think he is he would at least be able to replicate the team success Pippen had without Jordan. You seem to like good stats on bad teams guys except for when you don't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tracy McGrady and Anthony Davis over Scottie Pippen, what an immense trolljob.

Davis will be better than him. Mcgrady...there's a case to be made.

THERE IS NOT. Ban this asshole.

32-6-7-2

How many wins that lead to?

Not my argument though. Better player. Not more team accomplishments. McGrady was as successful as Pippen was when both were the alpha on their teams - they didn't win anything.

In 1 season Scottie advanced further in the playoffs than McGrady did prior to joining the Spurs as the 15th man.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jorrs takes on scottie are my absolute favorite. He was the best player on three straight title teams but there's like a hundred guys better than him. Well, why didn't they lead three straight teams to titles then?

Everybody has a career peak. His game was at its best and he was in a situation where it wasn't necessary for him to carry the scoring load.

And you'd be wrong. He led a team to the NBA Finals (foul on Hubert Davis doesn't count) while leading that team in EVERY major ststistical category. In '92, MANY said he was the best all-around player on the Dream Team.

I've been on the Scottie Island for years. It's nice to have some company.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Island? One of my first posts here was about how underrated Scottie was.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't recall seeing you post over the years when I appeared to be the only person who thought Scottie was an all time great player. I was told he wasn't a top 10 SF.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't recall seeing you post over the years when I appeared to be the only person who thought Scottie was an all time great player. I was told he wasn't a top 10 SF.

He's definitely top 10. That's crazy

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:21 am 

For once Vegan is right. Pippen would have zero rings if he ever had to be the best player. He is lauded for "leading" a team to the second round of a mediocre conference. When Jordan retired I remembered prognosticators stating that the Bulls win total would drop by 15 games. It didn't happen the first year but it did by the 2nd season. Pippens greatest accomplishment during any of the Finals runs was guarding Magic. I don't recall him ever having any signature games. He was too limited as an offensive player to ever be that guy.

Perfect compliment to Jordan but when you start talking greatest of the great top 50 he isn't in there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Eastern Conference Pippen played in was a hundred times better than the Eastern Conference LeBron plays in.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
And you'd be wrong. He led a team to the NBA Finals (foul on Hubert Davis doesn't count)

:lol: See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I say you guys are influenced by your rooting interests. I've actually had a close friend who is a huge Bulls fan argue and go hard at me insisting that that team actually made the finals. He had repeated the same narrative that you just expressed so many times in his head that he actually truly believed that team was in the finals. It's the same thing as the fantasy EIGHTpeat that didn't happen. And of course when Jordan got bounced from the conference finals by a good Orlando team, it's just excuses about how he wasn't "in basketball shape" even though he was King Kong a few weeks earlier dropping 55 on the Knicks. And anyway, why didn't Scottie take over against Orlando?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:43 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's bullshit. Kid Cairo was the boss of the Scottie defenders. You're building a false legacy for Scottie while attempting to erase the legacy of a great former CFMB poster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
And you'd be wrong. He led a team to the NBA Finals (foul on Hubert Davis doesn't count)

:lol: See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I say you guys are influenced by your rooting interests. I've actually had a close friend who is a huge Bulls fan argue and go hard at me insisting that that team actually made the finals. He had repeated the same narrative that you just expressed so many times in his head that he actually truly believed that team was in the finals. It's the same thing as the fantasy EIGHTpeat that didn't happen. And of course when Jordan got bounced from the conference finals by a good Orlando team, it's just excuses about how he wasn't "in basketball shape" even though he was King Kong a few weeks earlier dropping 55 on the Knicks. And anyway, why didn't Scottie take over against Orlando?
If Scottie isn't great then there is no debate that Jordan is better than every player in history.

The one who seems to be influenced here is you who can't even keep his story straight during the same two days of discussion.

If Scottie is as you describe then Jordan winning 6/7 titles in a row is probably the greatest feat in NBA history.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:18 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If Scottie isn't great then there is no debate that Jordan is better than every player in history.

Nice strawman. Who said Scottie wasn't great? He just wasn't one of the fifty best to ever play the game.

It's Bulls fans who are inconsistent. In a Jordan argument, Jordan did it alone. In a Pippen argument, Pippen was one of the best ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If Scottie is as you describe then Jordan winning 6/7 titles in a row is probably the greatest feat in NBA history.

:lol: What kind of fanboy lingo is that? How exactly does one win "6 of 7 titles in a row?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:28 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Nice strawman. Who said Scottie wasn't great? He just wasn't one of the fifty best to ever play the game.

It's Bulls fans who are inconsistent. In a Jordan argument, Jordan did it alone. In a Pippen argument, Pippen was one of the best ever.
I'm legitimately confused. Can you give a quick synopsis of how you view Scottie Pippen as a player? It seems like you don't think he was great. If it is easier, here is a questionnaire.

1) Was Scottie a top 50 player of all time?
2) Was Scottie a top 100 player of all time?
3) Was he one of the 10 best players of his generation?
4) Was he one of the 10 best SF of all time?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: What kind of fanboy lingo is that? How exactly does one win "6 of 7 titles in a row?"
Fanboy lingo? It's accurate.

Why are you so upset by Bulls fans? He played for in the playoffs 7 times and won 6 of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:31 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what's got you so confused.

1) Was Scottie a top 50 player of all time? NO
2) Was Scottie a top 100 player of all time? PROBABLY
3) Was he one of the 10 best players of his generation? NO
4) Was he one of the 10 best SF of all time?[/quote] I'm not sure how you define "small forward".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why are you so upset by Bulls fans? He played for in the playoffs 7 times and won 6 of them.

If it's 6 of 7 they're not in a row.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Lotta irrational Scottie love here. Pretty ordinarily good player. No one would worship him if he didn't ride Jordan's coattails to six rings. He'd be just another local Bulls legend.

He proved himself in the year between the two championship runs without MJ. He was one bad call away from carrying a team to the championship series

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not sure what's got you so confused.

1) Was Scottie a top 50 player of all time? NO
2) Was Scottie a top 100 player of all time? PROBABLY
3) Was he one of the 10 best players of his generation? NO
4) Was he one of the 10 best SF of all time?
I'm not sure how you define "small forward". [/quote]Ok, then Jordan is very clearly the GOAT. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Pippen was not top 50 all time, top 100 yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:37 am 

The guy backs the wrong horses for both the mundane and eternal.

Better start praying for reincarnation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Lotta irrational Scottie love here. Pretty ordinarily good player. No one would worship him if he didn't ride Jordan's coattails to six rings. He'd be just another local Bulls legend.

He proved himself in the year between the two championship runs without MJ. He was one bad call away from carrying a team to the championship series

There are bad calls in every game. You guys really don't see that it's your identity as Bulls fans that makes one particular bad call stand out among all others to the point where some of you actually believe the Bulls made the finals that year?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If it's 6 of 7 they're not in a row.
The 7 title attempts were in a row.

If you prefer, I can change it to winning 6/6 titles in a row while playing a full season.