It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Democrats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Another beating in a special election. Even in this environment you can't win an election. Sad! #ThanksObama

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post subject: Re: Democrats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
Another beating in a special election. Even in this environment you can't win an election. Sad! #ThanksObama

I flipped over to CNN. The channel seems like a funeral. This is exactly the type of district the Dems will need to win to flip the House in 2018. The Republicans are just better at local politics right now. Neither party is offering anything of value.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

I flipped over to CNN. The channel seems like a funeral. This is exactly the type of district the Dems will need to win to flip the House in 2018. The Republicans are just better at local politics right now. Neither party is offering anything of value.

Gerrymandering has made election upsets a nearly impossible task.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Not sure what you mean by in this environment. The Trump followers are just increasing in number and getting more radicalized as time goes on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:57 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sure, but Trump only won the district by 1%. This is a potential swing district.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm 

Nas wrote:

Like it or not, Reardon had it right. This is Obama's legacy.

Crosscheck became a real problem during his tenure. And he sat on his hands, as usual. And couldn't deliver a strong, consistent message.

But now we get the embarrassment that will be his "library" like a herpes sore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Crosscheck became a real problem during his tenure. And he sat on his hands, as usual. And couldn't deliver a strong, consistent message.

Obama's legacy is that white people have gone back to being openly racist instead of being subliminally racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're absolutely right. The party was getting destroyed all over the country but he was winning so he didn't try to stop the bleeding.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Brutal upset for the Dems in that liberal stronghold of Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're absolutely right. The party was getting destroyed all over the country but he was winning so he didn't try to stop the bleeding.

No one took the Tea Party seriously because they were fucking lunatics. I don't know how you can fault Obama for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

No one took the Tea Party seriously because they were fucking lunatics. I don't know how you can fault Obama for that.

2010 wasn't the only election. As the leader of the party it was his responsibility to do more. Democrats have to recruit no names because he destroyed their bench.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rolling thread?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Rolling thread?

I'll allow it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

hasn't posted on in like 6 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 pm 

Obama was aloof in his dealings with Congress and certainly did the Democratic Party no favors. His legacy will be just fine as these short term political swings will be quickly forgotten while the historical significance of our first black President will be warmly remembered. There will also be comments about how he steadied us in the wake of several unpopular military actions and a severe economic downturn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
That the Dumbocrats ever had a chance was fake news. Price routinely won the district by 30-40 points. Even a few of the hardest core Republicans recognized that Trump was an Enemy of the State.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 pm 

I think it's more simple.

People are having a hard time paying bills.

Costs of living go up, noticeably every year.

Wages stay the same.

People are tired of it.

Obama forces them to pay for health insurance. Then bails out major corporations like GM.

People are more pissed.

Trump comes in and shits all over the whole system
People laugh. Then he says he is going to help them directly. People love hearing that. Not like the last guy who said we just have to believe blah blah shut the fuck up dude.

Trump never says believe. He says we will. Doesn't matter what he actually does, people just hear that he will. They love the attitude. Fuck those libtards.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Obama was aloof in his dealings with Congress and certainly did the Democratic Party no favors. His legacy will be just fine as these short term political swings will be quickly forgotten while the historical significance of our first black President will be warmly remembered. There will also be comments about how he steadied us in the wake of several unpopular military actions and a severe economic downturn.

I wish I could agree with that sentiment, but when you have an elective majority successfully hellbent on erasing his middle of the road, safe accomplishments I just can't.

I fear he may be viewed as favorably ad the first commissioner of CPD. An ineffective trailblazer.

There's a reason Nas & I weren't on board in early 08. This is the fruit of that rationale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Democrats are an intellectually bankrupt party right now. I didn't think they could be more vacuous and superficial than they were when they said Republicans would vote for Hillary because she wasn't rude and mean like Trump, but their brains are even more broken. Now all they can do is point to Macron and Trudeau and say "he pretty! he look like lead good! PRETTY! want smart pretty!", and that's how you get a cipher like Jon Ossoff who looks good walking off an airplane but doesn't appear to stand for much or want to make things better for anyone -- he's just not a freak like the Republican. People still need something to vote FOR, not just against.

The Democrats have emphatically won the culture war: being liberal is not only cooler than being conservative, it's the only way to be cool, with the outlaw chic of libertarianism being pretty well drummed out of public consciousness by Ayn Rand movies and Gamergate freaks. But as they've won the culture war, they've lost almost all their political battles, which would be fine if they were an advertising agency or a production studio but it turns out that they are indeed a political party, so this is very bad. Contradictory as it may seem to my scolding them for beating off to Justin Trudeau, the only winning play left for this worthless party is to transcend quotidian politics and run a president who is amazingly cool, and then have that cool person rule us as a benevolent monarch. (Congress is lost.) The Democrats won this way with Bill Clinton and Obama because they were really cool and everyone liked them. Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, and Hillary were all sneering, alienating nerds. Bernie Sanders wasn't the least bit cool but also didn't aspire to it, which is always a reliable end-run for coolness.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm 

For those scoring at home..

Yes, the Hillary Fanatics at CFMB are blaming Obama..yes Obama, not their own twice failed candidate, for this political mess. #Sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm 

Well, Obama does have to shoulder a lot of blame for his party losing so much ground throughout his presidency. Hillary's bumbling campaign hasn't helped matters, but this is a consequence of the last eight years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I wish I could agree with that sentiment, but when you have an elective majority successfully hellbent on erasing his middle of the road, safe accomplishments I just can't.

I fear he may be viewed as favorably ad the first commissioner of CPD. An ineffective trailblazer.

There's a reason Nas & I weren't on board in early 08. This is the fruit of that rationale

It's because you're thinking about this moment and missing just what a breakthrough his victory was.

He'll have very few policy victories for his record, but go back to when he was elected. People literally thought the global financial system was done for and that another Great Depression was coming.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm 

It's like this....if the Dem's candidate was anything but a snake of an unlikable Caller Bob, Trump goes down in shambles, the Dems have the White House again and we aren't having this discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Dem's pour in 40M and lose. No message, just obstruct. It's to bad as Americans we can't coalesce for the common good and move forward as a people. Just sad and a very scary harbinger for a future that has major challenges ahead and no real leadership on either side of the aisle.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:31 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It's because you're thinking about this moment and missing just what a breakthrough his victory was.

He'll have very few policy victories for his record, but go back to when he was elected. People literally thought the global financial system was done for and that another Great Depression was coming.

So he was less than Truman. But you're right about his ultimate accomplishment. Until the current group wrecks the system again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:39 pm 

In Georgia they ran a guy who didn't even live in the district to allow his girlfriend to walk to work. And then he ran on his credentials which are more outsider than his constituents

And they wonder why they lost the most expensive congressional race in history. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
In Georgia they ran a guy who didn't even live in the district to allow his girlfriend to walk to work. And then he ran on his credentials which are more outsider than his constituents

And they wonder why they lost the most expensive congressional race in history. :evil:

Well...I guess the Dems need to do more than spend money on campaigns. Connect, for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

BUT HE IS BAE, LOOK HOW BAE HE IS

SUCH BAE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I will say the fatal mistake Obama did was allowing Pelosi to push aside the agenda he ran on to go for healthcare right away. He entered with firm majorities in both houses and a mandate for economic stimulus. Instead Pelosi pitches him on day 8 of his Presidency to go for healthcare, despite the fact such a push in the early 90s cost the Dems Congress during the Clinton years. Mind you, this was not an issue he ran on heavily in the campaign. It may have been buried in the platform, but in 08 healthcare was barely discussed during that election.

Frontline covered this one well. By going for the law we now call Obamacare, Obama spent whatever capital he had and lost the House, never to regain it.

If he holds off on it, he may have had more of his legislative agenda done and not given the GOP the chance to take the house in 2010. I mean how does Obama allow himself to be hijacked by Pelosi?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sure, but Trump only won the district by 1%. This is a potential swing district.

This district is an anomaly. It has a heavy R+ rating by Cook, but is also the 6th highest educated district in the nation (by % of adults with college degrees). Trump underperformed among Republicans with college degrees compared to past candidates so not a surprise that a congressional candidate would outperform what Trump did in November in this district.