It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Democrats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
No one wants to vote for identity politics and for canidates whose press endorsements are Beyonce GIF Buzzfeed articles.

The alt rights rise shows that the culture war is far from over. For every little 10 year old burrito with a makeup video on NowThis there are ten /pol/ posters shitposting the comments.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
In Georgia they ran a guy who didn't even live in the district to allow his girlfriend to walk to work. And then he ran on his credentials which are more outsider than his constituents

And they wonder why they lost the most expensive congressional race in history. :evil:

Well...I guess the Dems need to do more than spend money on campaigns. Connect, for Chrissakes!

Howard Dean was right 13 years ago and many don't understand it today. Hell, Harold Washington called on a grass roots base 34 years ago and democratic "leadership " still don't respect that. Reagan preached it early on, but we still haven't learned the lessons from the beating he delivered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
That guy kind of looks like Connor McDoink.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Regular Reader wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
In Georgia they ran a guy who didn't even live in the district to allow his girlfriend to walk to work. And then he ran on his credentials which are more outsider than his constituents

And they wonder why they lost the most expensive congressional race in history. :evil:

Well...I guess the Dems need to do more than spend money on campaigns. Connect, for Chrissakes!

Howard Dean was right 13 years ago and many don't understand it today. Hell, Harold Washington called on a grass roots base 34 years ago and democratic "leadership " still don't respect that. Reagan preached it early on, but we still haven't learned the lessons from the beating he delivered

The Democrats did have a grassroots candidate in the primary (who I disagree with vehemently, but I'll acknowledge his appeal). They did everything they could to knock him out of the way for their anointed one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:58 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I will say the fatal mistake Obama did was allowing Pelosi to push aside the agenda he ran on to go for healthcare right away. He entered with firm majorities in both houses and a mandate for economic stimulus. Instead Pelosi pitches him on day 8 of his Presidency to go for healthcare, despite the fact such a push in the early 90s cost the Dems Congress during the Clinton years. Mind you, this was not an issue he ran on heavily in the campaign. It may have been buried in the platform, but in 08 healthcare was barely discussed during that election.

Frontline covered this one well. By going for the law we now call Obamacare, Obama spent whatever capital he had and lost the House, never to regain it.

If he holds off on it, he may have had more of his legislative agenda done and not given the GOP the chance to take the house in 2010. I mean how does Obama allow himself to be hijacked by Pelosi?

I think the same thing about Trump. He should have reached across the aisle for small infrastructure projects in rust belt states and doomed the democratic party for 8 years. The media and his opponents would have been in a bigger vacuum than they're in now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
That guy kind of looks like Connor McDoink.

Also should get punched by a homeless person.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The Democrats did have a grassroots candidate in the primary (who I disagree with vehemently, but I'll acknowledge his appeal). They did everything they could to knock him out of the way for their anointed one.

I voted for him AND Jerry Brown in 92. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Hollow victory but I'm glad this will at least shut up the Clinton campaign wankers liker Brian Fallon who think the Dems' path to success is appealing to upper middle class suburban "Panera voters." Maybe now they'll focus on becoming a left party that actually stands for the lower class. A boy can dream.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
For those scoring at home..

Yes, the Hillary Fanatics at CFMB are blaming Obama..yes Obama, not their own twice failed candidate, for this political mess. #Sad.

Hillary Obsession Syndrome at work yet again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's like this....if the Dem's candidate was anything but a snake of an unlikable Caller Bob, Trump goes down in shambles, the Dems have the White House again and we aren't having this discussion.

Obscures the fact that he easily dispatched 16 other Republicans in order to get to her. Oh if only it had not been Hillary we would not be stuck with the functionally illiterate goof.

At some point American people have to own their vote. If a person can t be responsible for his vote then what can he be responsible for?

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
No one wants to vote for identity politics and for canidates whose press endorsements are Beyonce GIF Buzzfeed articles.

The alt rights rise shows that the culture war is far from over. For every little 10 year old GAY with a makeup video on NowThis there are ten /pol/ posters shitposting the comments.

Didn't Trump win because he appealed to the working class white male?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:29 am 

long time guy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

The alt rights rise shows that the culture war is far from over. For every little 10 year old GAY with a makeup video on NowThis there are ten /pol/ posters shitposting the comments.

Didn't Trump win because he appealed to the working class white male?

Identity politics is only a handicap when Hispanics, Blacks, Gays, Women and other minorities practice it. When white men practice it it's not considered detrimental. Funny how that works isn't it?

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
ZephMarshack wrote:
Maybe now they'll focus on becoming a left party that actually stands for the lower class. A boy can dream.

That draem is, over libtard. Get a new one. The libtards told the poor too go screw themseves once they nominaed a corupt wealhy high society POS from new York city. As if the working clas are dumbe enuff to think someone like that will have there interests at heart. And who gives a shit abut the workin classe neway. If they worke hard and sold there i phones they wuldnt be poor in the first place.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
One of the CNBC commentators had it right this morning. If the Dem had won that Georgia seat, it would have had Congressional Republicans running for the hills. Then there would be no chance at "reforms" in the tax code, healthcare, and Dodd Frank. They're still gonna mess those things up, me thinks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:48 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Hollow victory but I'm glad this will at least shut up the Clinton campaign wankers liker Brian Fallon who think the Dems' path to success is appealing to upper middle class suburban "Panera voters." Maybe now they'll focus on becoming a left party that actually stands for the lower class. A boy can dream.
I'm not sure that is wrong though. The Democrats have failed middle class voters just as much as Republicans have.

It isn't as big of an example as others but here is one example. Flex spending accounts. These were a great benefit to the middle class. It didn't really provide a great benefit to the rich since it ended up being a much less proportion of their total income they were "saving". For some reason, the Democrats desperately wanted to get rid of it and they did find ways to make them much less effective. Their reasoning was that it was "unfair to the poor" who couldn't afford to save that money. Do you honestly think a millionaire cares that he can't get a tax free account to pay for his kids cough medicine? Of course not. Are the poor people better off since a middle class family can't? Of course not.http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40115654/ns/health-health_care/t/over-the-counter-meds-be-cut-flexible-spending-accounts/#.WUppNmjytPY

So why do this? It's because the Democratic party, for reasons that probably have to do with wanting to be re-elected, think that the poor are the key to keeping power so almost all of the things they do are designed to keep them voting Democrat. Even Obamacare was something that cost many middle class families more money or had their cost of healthcare raise in price.

To put it another way, let's say you are a person who is middle class to slightly upper middle class, and someone asks you "What is the best thing the Democrats have done for you in the past 12 years?" What is the answer? To take it a step further, what is the one thing they fought hard for that would have been great for you during that time period?

The biggest failing of both Republicans and Democrats is ignoring the middle class in favor of the extremes.

Last edited by Brick on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I live in this congressional district and am pretty shocked with how the Dems campaigned it. The worst enemy of the democratic party is its own members. Someone from the Osseff campaign rang my doorbell 5 times in the last week. The attitude from the campaign was Ossoff is great, how can anyone be so stupid as to not vote for him.

You didn't see many clinton/trump signs in the neighborhood. Ossoff campaign pushed signs on people, and once up it was soon surrounded by Handel signs. Why the fuck were they pressing for votes in very republican areas. I have to imagine must of their work pushed people to vote republican as punitive punishment for their annoyance.

Also the Dem supporters kept spamming neighborhood pages and being very argumentative with anyone not Dem.

I did vote Ossoff only because I want the R's checked up at some point. But I'm happy they lost because fuck them for annoying me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
TurdFerguson wrote:
I live in this congressional district and am pretty shocked with how the Dems campaigned it. The worst enemy of the democratic party is its own members. Someone from the Osseff campaign rang my doorbell 5 times in the last week. The attitude from the campaign was Ossoff is great, how can anyone be so stupid as to not vote for him.

You didn't see many clinton/trump signs in the neighborhood. Ossoff campaign pushed signs on people, and once up it was soon surrounded by Handel signs. Why the fuck were they pressing for votes in very republican areas. I have to imagine must of their work pushed people to vote republican as punitive punishment for their annoyance.

Also the Dem supporters kept spamming neighborhood pages and being very argumentative with anyone not Dem.

I did vote Ossoff only because I want the R's checked up at some point. But I'm happy they lost because fuck them for annoying me.

I get the annoying part. But our politics would be much better off if both parties fought for all voters and found issues that appeal to a wide range of voters. It is an absolute crime that Republicans do not reach out to black voters for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Nobama's
denisdman wrote:
It is an absolute crime that Republicans do not reach out to black voters for instance.

After 8 years of racist rhetoric and policies that divided the nation can you really blame them? It is that kind of rhetoric that divided the nation after Rodney King was apprehended in Los Angeles.

A lawmaker on Tuesday defended Donald Trump by saying accusations of racism could also be lodged against President Obama.

"You can easily argue that the president of the United States is a racist with his policies and his rhetoric," Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) said during an appearance on CNN's "At This Hour."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The biggest failing of both Republicans and Democrats is ignoring the middle class in favor of the extremes.

So very true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So very true.

Furthering that point, the Obama admin proposed doing away with 529s. Those are great tools for the middle class, but poor people weren't using them so they figured it would be fine to do away with them. Thankfully there was a lot of backlash on that so it never came to fruition.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
No--it was turning a stable middle class into an unstable working class.

Edit: In addition to that

Last edited by formerlyknownas on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:45 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
I'm not sure that is wrong though. The Democrats have failed middle class voters just as much as Republicans have.

It isn't as big of an example as others but here is one example. Flex spending accounts. These were a great benefit to the middle class. It didn't really provide a great benefit to the rich since it ended up being a much less proportion of their total income they were "saving". For some reason, the Democrats desperately wanted to get rid of it and they did find ways to make them much less effective. Their reasoning was that it was "unfair to the poor" who couldn't afford to save that money. Do you honestly think a millionaire cares that he can't get a tax free account to pay for his kids cough medicine? Of course not. Are the poor people better off since a middle class family can't? Of course not.http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40115654/ns/health-health_care/t/over-the-counter-meds-be-cut-flexible-spending-accounts/#.WUppNmjytPY

So why do this? It's because the Democratic party, for reasons that probably have to do with wanting to be re-elected, think that the poor are the key to keeping power so almost all of the things they do are designed to keep them voting Democrat. Even Obamacare was something that cost many middle class families more money or had their cost of healthcare raise in price.

To put it another way, let's say you are a person who is middle class to slightly upper middle class, and someone asks you "What is the best thing the Democrats have done for you in the past 12 years?" What is the answer? To take it a step further, what is the one thing they fought hard for that would have been great for you during that time period?

The Democrats have really catered to the poor because of your flex spending account? Holy shit, you are out of touch with most of the country.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

The Democrats have really catered to the poor because of your flex spending account? Holy shit, you are out of touch with most of the country.
I don't even think you read the whole post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:49 pm 

:lol: sounds right

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frank's Pizzeria
ZephMarshack wrote:

Please enlighten us on how a more liberal D candidate wins in a historically hard R district? You fucking shithead. I should drive over to your house and rip your fucking heart right out of your chest!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm 

Quad City Pete wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Please enlighten us on how a more liberal D candidate wins in a historically hard R district? You fucking shithead. I should drive over to your house and rip your fucking heart right out of your chest!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm 

Quad City Pete wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Christ Almighty--the original was one of the most disturbing images I've seen this side of Reddit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Identity politics is only a handicap when Hispanics, Blacks, Gays, Women and other minorities practice it. When white men practice it it's not considered detrimental. Funny how that works isn't it?

I don't think this is gendered. Could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Quote:
the Democratic party, for reasons that probably have to do with wanting to be re-elected, think that the poor are the key to keeping power so almost all of the things they do are designed to keep them voting Democrat.

If the Democratic Party really thought the poor were the key to keeping power, they wouldn't have countered a woman screaming about how women should die of breast cancer with some asshole who looks good in a suit talking about how he identified some budget redundancies in Microsoft Excel. Poor people don't vote.