It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
While the other thread nominated the Chicago Bears, the general consensus is that this guy, Russell Beckman, is the true Douchebag of the story...

http://deadspin.com/packers-fan-suing-t ... 1796277623

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Wrong section, should be a shoutout.

Bears should be DB'd for this, pretty sad when you model your policies after the Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am 

shakes wrote:

Bears should be DB'd for this, pretty sad when you model your policies after the Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
That isn't accurate. He was allowed to have season tickets(and sell 7/8 of them). He just wasn't allowed on the field wearing the opposing teams gear. That is more than fair.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am 

shakes wrote:

He's a Douchebag for suing the Bears for a stupid reason. As others have stated, he's a "Bears season ticket holder" for one game and then to profit off the other 7...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

That isn't accurate. He was allowed to have season tickets(and sell 7/8 of them). He just wasn't allowed on the field wearing the opposing teams gear. That is more than fair.

How is it not accurate? Is he not being told he can't be in a certain place of the stadium because he is wearing the other team's gear? How is that different from Tampa telling fans they can't wear Hawks jerseys in certain sections?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:15 pm 

likemarsen wrote:
shakes wrote:

He's a Douchebag for suing the Bears for a stupid reason. As others have stated, he's a "Bears season ticket holder" for one game and then to profit off the other 7...

False. Sounds like you didn't read the article you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 pm 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

How is it not accurate? Is he not being told he can't be in a certain place of the stadium because he is wearing the other team's gear? How is that different from Tampa telling fans they can't wear Hawks jerseys in certain sections?
This is a special pregame perk to go to an area outside the seats. He still gets to do what he is guaranteed by his purchase of seats.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
likemarsen wrote:
shakes wrote:

False. Sounds like you didn't read the article you posted.

I read it and it quite clearly states he goes to only 1 game and sells as many of the others as he can...though with the team being bad he has to give some away, but when they were at least good to mediocre he probably had no issue selling them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
He's a dbag because he's clearly an attention whore ... probably figured on being kicked out too and the Bears were more than willing to indulge him this attention.

The Bears are dbags b/c they went fucking meatball - as a business organization - and ejected a guy for wearing a Packers jersey.

Really?

Makes as much friggin' sense as someone getting launched out of a McDonald's because they were wearing a Burger King crown or had red hair in pigtails.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
buy his tickets, and then act like an asshole during the game and get thrown out... he'll lose his season tickets if it happens twice...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:06 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
He's a dbag because he's clearly an attention whore ... probably figured on being kicked out too and the Bears were more than willing to indulge him this attention.

The Bears are dbags b/c they went fucking meatball - as a business organization - and ejected a guy for wearing a Packers jersey.

Really?

Makes as much friggin' sense as someone getting launched out of a McDonald's because they were wearing a Burger King crown or had red hair in pigtails.
They didn't eject him though. They simply didn't grant him an extra privilege he had no right to based on a rule that should have been very easy to follow. He still could be in the seats he paid for. He just wasn't allowed on the field during pregame.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rick going full meatball :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

When I said idiot Packers fan did you feel kinship with him?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
shakes wrote:

At least these teams have played in playoff games and in their sports Championship series over the last few years.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No, this guy does sound like an idiot. I just think it's funny you're defending the Bears, who come across even more poorly than he does

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No, this guy does sound like an idiot. I just think it's funny you're defending the Bears, who come across even more poorly than he does
If they were banning him from his seats I would agree. Being an invited guest on the field is different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If they were banning him from his seats I would agree. Being an invited guest on the field is different.

Nah, the Bears come off like a really petty minor league baseball team or some shit. They're a charter franchise in the NFL. Act like it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
As I recall, the rules for this pregame thing don't state anything about required or forbidden attire. You just have to show up on time. The Bears are making up a rule to fit a circumstance they don't like.

Certainly, the Bears can do whatever they want but at the end of the day what difference does it make if one of the couple hundred people on the field wiggling the 4th phase banner is wearing a packers jersey?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:10 pm 

a genius wrote:
As I recall, the rules for this pregame thing don't state anything about required or forbidden attire. You just have to show up on time. The Bears are making up a rule to fit a circumstance they don't like.

Certainly, the Bears can do whatever they want but at the end of the day what difference does it make if one of the couple hundred people on the field wiggling the 4th phase banner is wearing a packers jersey?

The article said the rule was changed and made clear prior to him showing up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:

After he had done it before, without incident.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:

rule changed in reaction to him being on the field at their invitation while wearing Packers gear for previous 2 years without incident.

Mickey Mouse move by a petty organization. Exactly like Tampa Bay and Nashville.

Makes them look awful and very small.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 am 

It must be nice to be this prick with so much time on his hands and so willing to waste so much of other people's as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:45 am 

He's a teacher. He has the time. And the Bears aren't doing much this time of year either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:47 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
It must be nice to be this prick with so much time on his hands and so willing to waste so much of other people's as well.

I say the same thing after reading most of your posts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:49 am 

shakes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I say the same thing after reading most of your posts.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't know what kind of a person would do something like that. Obviously a very sick person. A very immature person. A person who has no regard for wasting other people's valuable time. Good-bye.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
looks like he won... the bears caved.... and are just getting rid of the program to get out of the lawsuit.... so thanks russell beckman you fat piece of shit. i liked going on the field once a year pregame to hold the american flag...

Russell Beckman

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-bears-halt-pregame-perk-ending-packers-fans-lawsuit-505378991.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Bears should be DB'd for caving. They should have let the suit run its course, and then if they lost, canceled the thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 am 

like I wrote elsewhere, let him wear what he wants but make him sign a waiver that they are not guaranteeing his safety.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 pm 

hero