It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 am 

States attorney approved the dropping of murder charges so this lady gets probation.

Woman Who Tossed Her Newborn Baby From 8th Floor Gets Probation; State Drops All Murder Charges
Uddin admitted to dropping her newborn from an 8th-floor window of the building at right, police said.

Mubashra Uddin had been charged with four counts of murder for allegedly killing the baby girl moments after giving birth in her family's apartment.

But prosecutors last week agreed to drop three of those charges and then reduced the fourth murder count to involuntary manslaughter of a family member. Judge Carol M. Howard handed down a sentence of probation.

Uddin was 19 when she gave birth around 11:20 p.m. on November 11, 2015, in a bedroom of an apartment she shared with her parents and sister. Police said they recovered scissors that Uddin used to cut the umbilical cord after giving birth in the same bed where her 11-year-old sister was sleeping.

Fearing that her strict parents were about to discover the pregnancy that she had kept secret from them, Uddin dropped the newborn headfirst out of her 8th-floor bedroom window in the 800 block of West Eastwood.

The girl was discovered about 30 minutes later lying in some grass by a passer-by. One hour later, she succumbed to her injuries, which included skull fractures, a broken spine, multiple broken bones, and internal injuries, prosecutors said.

Friends rallied around Uddin from the moment of her arrest, blaming her actions on the young woman’s upbringing in a strict Muslim family.

At Uddin’s bail hearing, her boyfriend’s mother told DNAInfo “No one is mad or upset [at Uddin] because we all know the household that she's coming from."

"With all her family has put her through, I'm surprised she didn't jump out of the window herself,” the mother said to the Tribune.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:13 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Fucking muslim scum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
conns7901 wrote:
States attorney approved the dropping of murder charges so this lady gets probation.

Woman Who Tossed Her Newborn Baby From 8th Floor Gets Probation; State Drops All Murder Charges
Uddin admitted to dropping her newborn from an 8th-floor window of the building at right, police said.

Mubashra Uddin had been charged with four counts of murder for allegedly killing the baby girl moments after giving birth in her family's apartment.

But prosecutors last week agreed to drop three of those charges and then reduced the fourth murder count to involuntary manslaughter of a family member. Judge Carol M. Howard handed down a sentence of probation.

Uddin was 19 when she gave birth around 11:20 p.m. on November 11, 2015, in a bedroom of an apartment she shared with her parents and sister. Police said they recovered scissors that Uddin used to cut the umbilical cord after giving birth in the same bed where her 11-year-old sister was sleeping.

Fearing that her strict parents were about to discover the pregnancy that she had kept secret from them, Uddin dropped the newborn headfirst out of her 8th-floor bedroom window in the 800 block of West Eastwood.

The girl was discovered about 30 minutes later lying in some grass by a passer-by. One hour later, she succumbed to her injuries, which included skull fractures, a broken spine, multiple broken bones, and internal injuries, prosecutors said.

Friends rallied around Uddin from the moment of her arrest, blaming her actions on the young woman’s upbringing in a strict Muslim family.

At Uddin’s bail hearing, her boyfriend’s mother told DNAInfo “No one is mad or upset [at Uddin] because we all know the household that she's coming from."

"With all her family has put her through, I'm surprised she didn't jump out of the window herself,” the mother said to the Tribune.

I don't know what's more insane, the judge's ruling or this woman's friends who "rallied around her from the moment of her arrest."

UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLE.

Was the judge worried about being labeled Islamaphobic if she had made a sane ruling?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
How harsh should punishment really be though when it would be perfectly legal to have a "doctor" kill the baby an hour earlier?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
How harsh should punishment really be though when it would be perfectly legal to have a "doctor" kill the baby an hour earlier?

?? an hour earlier? Perfectly legal?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Did she have the baby really early? I don't think bad or really strict parents is an excuse for throwing a baby out of a window.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Did she have the baby really early? I don't think bad or really strict parents is an excuse for throwing a baby out of a window.

To be fair , usually the bath water goes out first .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I think this happens a lot. Parents who terrorize their children + children who have anxiety disorders and can't deal with the guilt or fear = this kind of behavior. That entire family needs treatment.

I sympathize with the mother of the baby. But she needs some sort of punishment beyond a black mark on her record.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Definitely not an excuse, I agree. It does explain, though, why someone would do such a thing. Anxiety and fear will make you do strange things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Isn't this under Kim Foxx' purview? If so , not so surprising .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

formerlyknownas wrote:
I think this happens a lot. Parents who terrorize their children + children who have anxiety disorders and can't deal with the guilt or fear = this kind of behavior. That entire family needs treatment.

I sympathize with the mother of the baby. But she needs some sort of punishment beyond a black mark on her record.

I don't sympathize with her. I understand what you're saying but I don't feel sorry for her in any way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 am 
Site Admin

walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes. Perfectly legal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:17 am 

Nas wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:

I don't sympathize with her. I understand what you're saying but I don't feel sorry for her in any way.

Hmmm....yeah, I guess I do sympathize with her (if she's telling the truth). I was gonna back away from it, but maybe I'll change that to empathize. I sympathize with the baby.

I wish the nineteen year-old had good parents who could have helped her out rather than pushing (albeit indirectly) her to this. Now they have two generations of backwards parents in one house (if the daughter was telling the truth).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

formerlyknownas wrote:
Nas wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:

Hmmm....yeah, I guess I do sympathize with her (if she's telling the truth). I was gonna back away from it, but maybe I'll change that to empathize. I sympathize with the baby.

I wish the nineteen year-old had good parents who could have helped her out rather than pushing (albeit indirectly) her to this. Now they have two generations of backwards parents in one house (if the daughter was telling the truth).

I understand. There should be some punishment for illegally murdering a baby though. Even if it isn't prison.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
formerlyknownas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Definitely not an excuse, I agree. It does explain, though, why someone would do such a thing. Anxiety and fear will make you do strange things.

When i was 18 my girlfriend and I were pretty sure I snuck one by the goalie but it was either a false alarm or she lost it very early. I was terrified at the time because I lived in fear of disappointing my parents. In retrospect I decided that they would not of murdered me, kicked me out or really done anything but push me to grow up in that situation. In later years I talked to my mom about it in a hypothetical situation conversation and she was stunned that I grew up worried about things like that. I laughed and told her yep, welcome to the anxiety mind that keeps me up at night. My folks did nothing to make me feel this way (Although did little to make me not) so I can only imagine what a fundamentalist environment would have done to me. I'm guessing it would have been avoidance and running as that seems more me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
I understand. There should be some punishment for illegally murdering a baby though. Even if it isn't prison.

Well, if you look at her crime within the context of our societal norms, it's difficult for me to judge her too harshly.

I think this is an issue you and I agree on though we're coming at it from different perspectives, you being religious. I know it's a complicated issue but it's why abortion is a slippery slope, especially when there are no limits.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well, if you look at her crime within the context of our societal norms, it's difficult for me to judge her too harshly.

I think this is an issue you and I agree on though we're coming at it from different perspectives, you being religious. I know it's a complicated issue but it's why abortion is a slippery slope, especially when there are no limits.

Probation is punishment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are limits. What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I don't want to hear another fucking word from any of the "well she DID have really strict parents" crowd when some dude gets probation for raping someone or punching some mouthy douche canoe right up in the orbital bone. This woman acted with the specific intent to deprive a born human child of life. You go to fucking prison for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes. Perfectly legal.

Can you expound? Seriously. What am I missing? This happened in Chicago / United States right? I see you put "doctor" in quotes, but I am not catching the gist of your statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When i was 18 my girlfriend and I were pretty sure I snuck one by the goalie but it was either a false alarm or she lost it very early. I was terrified at the time because I lived in fear of disappointing my parents. In retrospect I decided that they would not of murdered me, kicked me out or really done anything but push me to grow up in that situation. In later years I talked to my mom about it in a hypothetical situation conversation and she was stunned that I grew up worried about things like that. I laughed and told her yep, welcome to the anxiety mind that keeps me up at night. My folks did nothing to make me feel this way (Although did little to make me not) so I can only imagine what a fundamentalist environment would have done to me. I'm guessing it would have been avoidance and running as that seems more me.

I hear ya

also: lol@ "snuck one past the goalie"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are limits. What are you talking about?

I am also more confused than normal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I don't want to hear another fucking word from any of the "well she DID have really strict parents" crowd when some dude gets probation for raping someone or punching some mouthy douche canoe right up in the orbital bone. This woman acted with the specific intent to deprive a born human child of life. You go to fucking prison for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes. Perfectly legal.

Can you expound? Seriously. What am I missing? This happened in Chicago / United States right? I see you put "doctor" in quotes, but I am not catching the gist of your statement.

It's legal in IL to kill a baby up until they are born.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... te/448098/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes. Perfectly legal.

It's legal in IL to kill a baby up until they are born.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... te/448098/

It's surprising that many people don't know that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
In most situations I find that left leaning folks tend to be on the "right" side of history when it comes to social issues, currently things like gay marriage. However, I often wondered if on abortion there will be a point in the future where people come to realize that it is truly murder and not a feminist cause.

I am not trying to debate abortion here, but simply wondering how that issue will be viewed in say 200 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
denisdman wrote:

I am not trying to debate abortion here, but simply wondering how that issue will be viewed in say 200 years.

human beings won't be around in 200 years

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Am I reading that link incorrectly? It says up until viability or 22-24 weeks. That is not up until born.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next