It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Linda Sarsour
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
So apparently liberal (and Jewish) journalist Jake Tapper is a member of the "alt-right" because he calls her out on the bullshit she spews.

Has anyone noticed how whenever she is questioned, she instantly jumps to the combination of ad hominen and playing the victim card? I guess that's all you can do when your positions are indefensible.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/241097/ ... -alt-right

I can't believe the left is allowing themselves to be hijacked by this piece of human scum.

Post subject: Re: Linda Sarsour
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Idk... I think calling tapper alt right is a little too much, but him going after her about Assata Shakur reeks of misinformation and corporate toeing of the line. That Shakur case is all sorts of sketchy.

No winners here.

Douchebag allowed on a tie for douchebaggery.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Oy vey.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Calling any critic a Nazi (or any of the relevant -ism) is the tactic du jour in discourse on social media. What really is hilarious is the first person to criticize her tweet is Eichenwald, who literally calls people anti-semites and Nazis for a living.

It's like when Chus starts feeling cornered, he calls you insecure and runs to the billowy bosom of the site's like-minded owners.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Idk... I think calling tapper alt right is a little too much, but him going after her about Assata Shakur reeks of misinformation and corporate toeing of the line. That Shakur case is all sorts of sketchy.

No winners here.

He was going after her for several things. He was only speaking to the women's march re Shakur. The comments on Sarsour were regarding the fact they continue to tie themselves to her despite all of the awful positions she takes, which are counter to their public stands. He also called out the Dyke March in a similar manner, but I can see where you would be confused to think he was connecting Sarsour and Shakur, but that was not the case.

He was criticizing Women's March for who they keep as company, and rightly so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:21 pm 

Is Sarsour the one that heralds all the great things about Sharia Law?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:22 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Is Sarsour the one that heralds all the great things about Sharia Law?

yes, as I said, the best punishment for her would be to make her actually live in Saudi Arabia so that she can experience what she preaches

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No winners here.

He was going after her for several things. He was only speaking to the women's march re Shakur. The comments on Sarsour were regarding the fact they continue to tie themselves to her despite all of the awful positions she takes, which are counter to their public stands. He also called out the Dyke March in a similar manner, but I can see where you would be confused to think he was connecting Sarsour and Shakur, but that was not the case.

I don't know enough about her, but I can say I am beyond fatigued with the hijacking of progressivism by these types. Trying to be the ying to the alt right's yang.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Has anyone noticed how whenever she is questioned, she instantly jumps to the combination of ad hominen and playing the victim card? I guess that's all you can do when your positions are indefensible.

Yup, every story I read about her is the same thing. Any and all criticism of her results in exactly what you said.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:26 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No winners here.

I don't know enough about her, but I can say I am beyond fatigued with the hijacking of progressivism by these types. Trying to be the ying to the alt right's yang.

She is the type of person who proves the horseshoe theory is real.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Should just make this a rolling thread

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

she provides material weekly so it probably will be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:30 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Don't you start stalking her public twitter account, Ogie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:31 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Don't you start stalking her public twitter account, Ogie.

I got blocked for sending her a screenshot of her infamous Ayaan tweet and asking her about FGM.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Tad Queasy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yup, every story I read about her is the same thing. Any and all criticism of her results in exactly what you said.

That's everyone in politics.

And public life.

And here on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
She deserved to be called out, because she knows what she's doing. She sucks. And the left continuing to hitch their wagon to her is such an indictment of the times we live in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/anti- ... le/2632988

Washington Examiner wrote:
Anti-Trump 'resistance' hero Linda Sarsour steers Harvey relief funds to political activist group

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste, apparently.

Progressive activist and Women's March co-organizer Linda Sarsour is under fire this week for sharing a misleading pitch for Hurricane Harvey relief funds. This particular controversy begins with a tweet.

The Palestinian-American left-wing activist published the following message early Tuesday morning: "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund."

Her note links to a fundraising webpage maintained by the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund. This organization is not exactly in the disaster relief business. Rather, the TOP is an activist organization, whose chief focus is advancing political goals through elections.

The group uses "community organizing, and civic and electoral engagement" and it "conducts direct action organizing, grassroots lobbying and electoral organizing," according to its webpage. "With every campaign we run, every issue we fight for and every neighborhood we organize, we focus on creating effective ways to ensure that voices of low income and minority communities are not only heard, but that they have sufficient power to advance their issues."

Now as to their hurricane relief fund webpage, which is sponsored by multiple left-wing and labor groups, including the Service Employees International Union, the Communication Workers of America, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid and the Workers Defense Project: The TOP promises that donations will be used to organize and raise awareness and legal aid for displaced Houstonians.

"Together we will organize and advocate for our devastated communities, shining a spotlight on inequalities that emerge in the restoration of lives, livelihoods, and homes, amplifying the needs of hard-hit communities, and providing legal assistance for residents wrongfully denied government support," reads the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund's hurricane relief page, which allows user to donate anywhere between $20 and $10,000.

"Your donation is vital to ensuring that we have the resources we need to organize and fight for Texans devastated by Hurricane Harvey!" the page added.

Many have characterized Sarsour's relief fund tweet as a form of bait-and-switch. Who can blame them? If someone tweets, "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund," you're not crazy for assuming they are asking you to help pay for immediate humanitarian aid, not to pay activists to organize or raise awareness.

That said, it's worth mentioning that the TOP has a record of assisting hurricane victims in low-income and minority communities, as noted by the Weekly Standard's Andrew Egger.

"After Hurricane Ike hit Houston in 2008, the group lobbied the government to ensure that federal reconstruction funds would go toward helping repair the homes of low-income residents," he wrote.

Sarsour, for her part, maintained Wednesday that she did not mislead anyone, explaining that she was merely sharing a list of "dozens of [organizations] to support" that had been provided to her by other activists, some of whom explicitly oppose the Red Cross' relief efforts.

"Long term support/advocacy needed too," she added on social media. "TOP is one of many organizations on this list you can choose to support. Grassroots orgs on ground. Long term needed."

Her explanation is a clear admission that she's aware that the fund to which she directed her followers doesn't provide immediate humanitarian relief to the hurricane's victims, and that the supposed "relief funds" will come in the form of community organizing and possible future legal aid.

She should have provided that information to her 230,000-plus followers from the get-go, and there's no good reason for why she didn't. It's almost as if she wanted to mislead well-intentioned people. But no one would be that ghoulish, right?

Sarsour did not respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hello Quad City Pete?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 am 

I rarely hear/read a word about her anymore, unless it's here. I pretty much dismissed her as a grandstanding fraud when she attacked Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I really cannot remember the last time I even saw her, or the other sanctimonious apparatchik Glen Greenwald on television pushing their stupid progressive purity test.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
I rarely hear/read a word about her anymore, unless it's here. I pretty much dismissed her as a grandstanding fraud when she attacked Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I really cannot remember the last time I even saw her, or the other sanctimonious apparatchik Glen Greenwald on television pushing their stupid progressive purity test.

RR--I think Reddit loves and hates her. They always seem to be either feting her or hating her (depending on the subreddit) when I am on that site....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You can't spell dumbshit without BDS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
There was a time in this country we would just throw her I to an offshore black site.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:55 am 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/womens-ma ... sex-abuse/

New York Post wrote:
Women’s March organizer accused of covering up sex abuse

Controversial Muslim activist and Women’s March organizer Linda Sarsour bullied an underling to cover up sex-abuse allegations in her Brooklyn office, a report said.

Asmi Fathelbab told blog The Daily Caller that a man repeatedly rubbed his crotch on her while she worked for the association under Sarsour in 2009.

But when Fathelbab reported the abuse, Sarsour — a self-proclaimed feminist and co-founder of the Women’s March organization — fat-shamed the woman and threatened to blacklist her from political jobs, the woman told the website.

“She oversaw an environment unsafe and abusive to women,” said Fathelbab. “Women who put [Sarsour] on a pedestal for women’s rights and empowerment deserve to know how she really treats us.”

The Daily Caller reportedly spoke on condition of anonymity with another association employee and a political operative that worked alongside the organization, and both corroborated Fathelbab’s account of the abuse and Sarsour’s intimidation.

Fathelbab took a contract gig with the association in 2009 and claims she was repeatedly accosted by a man who lived in the same Bay Ridge building as the group’s office.

“He would pin me against the wall and rub his crotch on me,” she told the Caller.

“It was disgusting… You have no idea what it was like to stand up and feel that behind you.”

But Sarsour called her a “liar” when Fathelbab reported it and told her “something like this didn’t happen to women who looked like me,” Fathelbab charged, clarifying on Twitter that the the rebuff was a dig at her weight.

Fathelbab went to the president of the Arab American Association’s board of directors, Ahmad Jaber, but says he told her the accused man, Majed Seif, was incapable of the allegations because he is a “God-fearing man” who was “always at the Mosque.”

Furious that Fathelbab went over her head, Sarsour threatened to have her blacklisted from New York political and activist circles — and that’s what Fathelbab says happened.

“She told me I’d never work in NYC ever again for as long as she lived,” the 37-year-old New York native Fathelbab said. “She’s kept her word. She had me fired from other jobs when she found out where I worked. She has kept me from obtaining any sort of steady employment for almost a decade.”

Sarsour did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Linda and Hillary could probably share pointers when it comes to this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:02 am 

If the other woman's allegations are found to be true, I'd love to see Sarsour receive the same public banishment so many purity test advocates routinely call for.

And take Susan Sarandon with her.

And let Kirsten Gillibrand watch from a good seat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 am 

The problem there is that Susan Sarandon is good while Linda Sarsour is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
The problem there is that Susan Sarandon is good while Linda Sarsour is bad.

Susan Sarandon turned politically tone deaf & imo destructive to the causes she purported to champion 18 months ago.

Kind of like Ralph Nader.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:30 pm 

She didn't "turn" anything, she's been remarkably consistent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
She didn't "turn" anything, she's been remarkably consistent.

Effectively campaigning against Hillary, especially given the alternative, is turning into my book. But admittedly, most of my feelings have been shaped by the liberal broadcasters, who have been taking shots where they can.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I don't know who this bitch is but it looks like she might have a nice, tight little body under hijab.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
Susan Sarandon is one of the only consistent people. She’s not blind like most.