It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: LeBron James
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to have Wiggins and a player comparable to Love for a fraction of the price?

Are you saying LBJ and others should know the future?

I knew Love was fools gold. LeBron should have known too. Instead he was praying for a Chris Bosh.

I don't think they win the last championship they did with Wiggins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:43 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Pretty cool how the Cavs lost to Detroit when Detroit didn't have the players they traded for Blake OR Blake. A starting 5 of Drummond, Anthony Tolliver, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock and Ish Smith beat them.

Yep. Lebron's return to Cleveland though romanticized, was always predicated on him playing with Irving and Love. That Love deal was in place the day he signed on. Unfortunately it never was presented that way.

Love and Irving were afterthoughts in that particular equation. Perception has always been about Lebron and his golden touch. As long as you have him you can simply write a ticket to the Finals. Ok let's see.

His teammates have never received much credit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The post-Miami LBJ model is the ideal model for anyone who values freedom and individualism. It's also very successful, both monetarily and within the world of sports.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The post-Miami LBJ model is the ideal model for anyone who values freedom and individualism. It's also very successful, both monetarily and within the world of sports.

Interesting that you should mention that. Post LBJ Miami Heat are currently a half a game back of Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah. LeBron would be poor had he not left Miami.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:12 am 

LeBron to Golden State lmfao

The NBA doesn't mean anything anymore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Context, my friend. Read the thread. Business profits. LBJ would have stayed rich in Miami, but Cleveland would miss out on all that revenue he's injected into the businesses surrounding the arena, not to mention the franchise itself. He should leverage that power any time he wants.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:06 am 

Lebron is a bad GM that saddled Cleveland with awful contracts. However he gets to leave that mess behind this summer.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Context, my friend. Read the thread. Business profits. LBJ would have stayed rich in Miami, but Cleveland would miss out on all that revenue he's injected into the businesses surrounding the arena, not to mention the franchise itself. He should leverage that power any time he wants.

By buying the franchise. Until he does that he is nothing more than a mere employee. His constant need to exercise "leverage" is killing the franchise currently. Main reason that they lost MVP candidate Kyrie Irving. Also the primary reason that their championship window is now closed.

No surprise that his current teammates have decided to take their shots. Long overdue IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

By buying the franchise. Until he does that he is nothing more than a mere employee. His constant need to exercise "leverage" is killing the franchise currently. Main reason that they lost MVP candidate Kyrie Irving. Also the primary reason that their championship window is now closed.

No surprise that his current teammates have decided to take their shots. Long overdue IMO.

who do you have coming out of the East this year instead of them

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:56 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Lebron is a bad GM that saddled Cleveland with awful contracts. However he gets to leave that mess behind this summer.

LBJ is the most successful GM in Cleveland sports history. He's also more successful than the following GMs over the past three year period:

LAL
LAC
SA
OKC
DAL
BOS
CHI
ATL
NO
MEM
MiA

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 am 

conns7901 wrote:

The franchise has had the most success it has ever had in its near 50 years of history in the past 3 seasons. I'm sure Dan Gilbert would make all the same moves all over again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Boston. Wasn't sold on them initially. Cleveland is done. I want to see Lebron James carry this collection of old geezers to the NBA Finals. Love won't be back til playoff time and who knows how effective he will be. There is a chance that they won't have home court for during any of the series in which they are participating.

It is about to get real now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 am 

Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The franchise has had the most success it has ever had in its near 50 years of history in the past 3 seasons. I'm sure Dan Gilbert would make all the same moves all over again.

It had more to do with him returning as a player and not a GM. He can't wait to get away from the mess that he created.

He didn't acquire Kyrie Irving either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 am 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It had more to do with him returning as a player and not a GM. His moves have so great that it is a foregone conclusion that he will be leaving at the end of the year.

I would agree that their window is shut after this season. I still think they might be able to squeeze in one more finals appearance, but yeah, it's definitely over this off-season. With all of that said, any GM would make the same moves if it guaranteed them 3-4 straight finals appearances. Anyone that would say otherwise is lying and a dumbass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It had more to do with him returning as a player and not a GM. His moves have so great that it is a foregone conclusion that he will be leaving at the end of the year.

I would agree that their window is shut after this season. I still think they might be able to squeeze in one more finals appearance, but yeah, it's definitely over this off-season. With all of that said, any GM would make the same moves if it guaranteed them 3-4 straight finals appearances. Anyone that would say otherwise is lying and a dumbass.

Lebron whines about the "not having enough" every year. This despite having the highest payroll in the league the past 3 years. He looks to correct the moves that he was instrumental in making. That has been my biggest issue with him. Every year he seeks do overs for the moves that he wants made.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am 

Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

DB has vegan on ignore. Probably a good call anyway.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Lebron whines about the "not having enough" every year. This despite having the highest payroll in the league the past 3 years. He looks to correct the moves that he was instrumental in making. That has been my biggest issue with him. Every year he seeks do overs for the moves that he wants made.

I also have issues with transactions that saddle franchises with three straight finals appearances and a championship.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to have Wiggins and a player comparable to Love for a fraction of the price?

Are you saying LBJ and others should know the future?

I knew Love was fools gold. LeBron should have known too. Instead he was praying for a Chris Bosh.

I don't think they win the last championship they did with Wiggins.

Right. Wiggins is a trash player. The answer to Nas’s original question is no.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am 

long time guy wrote:

Okay, let's go "yes or no".

Would you make all the same moves the Cavs have made if it guaranteed you 3-4 straight finals appearances? Yes or No?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Would you make all the same moves the Cavs have made if it guaranteed you 3-4 straight finals appearances? Yes or No?

You've been roped in. Don't feed the trolls.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They would have made the finals without those moves. That is my point. If those moves were responsible for them making the finals then the answer is yes. There is no way that the acquisition of guys like Frye, Korver, Smith, and Shumpert place them in the finals. They acquired a bunch of guys that you couldn't play once the Finals began. Yeah they were pretty valuable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Celtics

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:02 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Would the Cavs have been in the finals the past two seasons without Triston Thompson making 16 million a year?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Would the Cavs have been in the finals the past two seasons without Triston Thompson making 16 million a year?

Stop deflecting and answer my question.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Stop deflecting and answer my question.

No.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:45 pm 

Headline: BULLS ADVANCE TO FINALS FOR THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR
Sub-headline: Critics pan $1M signing of Jud Buechler, praise cap management of 13-69 Vancouver Grizzlies

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Shouldn't he be focused on the Cavs and this year.....I can just imagine him bitching if other players were talking about next year...he's an attention whore this is why he'll never be better than Jordan

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5