It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Kyrie Irving
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
[
It's not about me thinking he is God's gift to the game but I do think he is a perennial first or second team all NBA player. I don't think he is the best in the league but I think he is top 5 or 10. You are the one who thinks the world begins and ends with LeBron James. How is that for "balance". You don't even give Wade credit for what happened in Miami so why is it not surprising that you don't credit Irving what happened in Cleveland.

:lol:

Come on man, help me out here. You're putting the degree of difficulty down to zero for vegan with these types of statements. How can you be a perennial first or second teamer if you've never made the first or second team even one time?

I think once he breaks away from James it's going to happen. Book it.

Elite defender Avery Bradley

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/15/ave ... rd-in-nba/

Bump.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
[
It's not about me thinking he is God's gift to the game but I do think he is a perennial first or second team all NBA player. I don't think he is the best in the league but I think he is top 5 or 10. You are the one who thinks the world begins and ends with LeBron James. How is that for "balance". You don't even give Wade credit for what happened in Miami so why is it not surprising that you don't credit Irving what happened in Cleveland.

Come on man, help me out here. You're putting the degree of difficulty down to zero for vegan with these types of statements. How can you be a perennial first or second teamer if you've never made the first or second team even one time?

Bump.

I don't think you know what perennial means and I'm not sure why you're bumping this now. At minimum you have to wait 18 months to even start a case that you were right :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
[

Bump.

I don't think you know what perennial means and I'm not sure why you're bumping this now. At minimum you have to wait 18 months to even start a case that you were right :lol:

By that time I will have moved on. My essential point is that he will be a first or 2nd team All NBA guy once he moves on from Lebron. He is well on his way to accomplishing that.

The perception that he was a loser riding the LeBron wave never made any sense. Statistically he was better last season. Should have been at least a 2nd team All NBA guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
By that time I will have moved on.

sure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
By that time I will have moved on.

sure

In the immortal words of Bill O'Reilly "I'm just keeping em honest"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
LBJ elevating teams to greatness? I'll remind you we are talking about each player's first three seasons in the league. I'm about to get to work but when I do I'll address your above post comparing Kyrie to Tayshaun goddamn Prince.

I'm trolling LTG like he trolls us. Don't waste energy responding. As a veteran LBJ does absolutely elevate teams to greatness.

I'm not comparing Prince to Irving, I'm just saying Irving's path to the finals outside of LBJ is by joining a deep team like Prince's Pistons or a team like the 2008 Celtics. He's not getting there if he's the unquestioned best player.

But you aren't comparing veterans to veterans. You're trying to compare Kyrie as a rookie/sophomore to LeBron as a veteran.

I agree mostly with your second paragraph but that describes every single player currently in the league outside of Kawhi, LeBron, and Durant, and Durant might not even deserve inclusion on that list so again, I don't really see that as a valid criticism.

If you agree with me then the criticism is Kyrie isn't as great as he thinks he is. You'll probably say we don't know how great he thinks he is because what we think we know is just speculation. But we've got direct quotes about him wanting his own team, or desiring it, etc. I'll roll with that. He isn't good enough to have his own team. He should just accept that he needs a Batman. Nothing wrong with that.

You're close but what I actually will say is we don't know how great Kyrie is. I'm in favor of finding out. For some reason you are not.

You're implying LBJ is standing in his way but the stats suggest the opposite. He's flourished with LBJ as a sidekick and if anything his stats will get worse once he's on his own. He went 0-8 when LBJ was sidelined and he had a chance to be the man. Depending on where he lands his usage rate is going to skyrocket, which means his efficiency will drop off. He'll get his points and maybe a handful of assists, but historically it's simply not that difficult to beat a team whose best player is a PG. We know enough to say Kyrie is damn good, which is obvious at this point. But I don't think he's got another gear. He's not going to do what Westbrook did last year, for example. At least I don't think so.

A plethora of asanine thoughts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7