It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kyrie Irving
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Kyrie is free to do what he wants but in my opinion he's overrating himself by thinking he can get to the same level of success he's currently enjoying without LBJ. Good luck to him but he's not capable of getting to that same level on his own. If he's not interested in winning finals then that's fine, I have no doubt he'll have a nice little career averaging gaudy numbers and maybe making it to the second round a few times. Then he'll retire and be voted into the HOF. So boring. That's a fair assessment.

So you're saying championships are all that matters. So boring.

Do you crop Jordan's hand out when you use this image?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:14 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
He unfollowed LeBron like a 12 year old girl.

And before he turned 25!

He also played with a championship contending roster before he was 25 too. How could he not achieve greatness with the likes of Alonzo Gee and Tyler Zeller on his team is truly one of life's mysteries. That team will go down as one of the greatest of the great teams that have never won anything.

You have Sheed and his Blazer teams
Webber and his Sacramento teams
Drexler and his Portland teams of the early 90's
Barkley and his Phoenix teams
Stockton Malone and Utah

And now last but not least Irving and his Cleveland teams from 3 years ago.

Which of the aforementioned teams was the biggest disappointment?

There will be 30 for 30's produced which seek to answer the question as to why that talent Laden Cleveland team from 3 seasons ago failed to accomplish anything. Such high hopes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Kyrie is free to do what he wants but in my opinion he's overrating himself by thinking he can get to the same level of success he's currently enjoying without LBJ. Good luck to him but he's not capable of getting to that same level on his own. If he's not interested in winning finals then that's fine, I have no doubt he'll have a nice little career averaging gaudy numbers and maybe making it to the second round a few times. Then he'll retire and be voted into the HOF. So boring. That's a fair assessment.

I'm not sure if I have ever used that image before. It's interesting that you think Charles Barkley and John Stockton don't have legacies though. And I'm afraid to even ask your opinion of Anthony Davis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I'm not sure if I have ever used that image before. It's interesting that you think Charles Barkley and John Stockton don't have legacies though. And I'm afraid to even ask your opinion of Anthony Davis

:lol:

I don't want to go another 9 or whatever rounds on this one. I'm still not sure why you're not a Milwaukee Bucks fan with all your Favre evangelism. Maybe that's why you don't recognize this MJ pic.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:28 pm 

I'm no Benjamin Banneker but according to my math LeBron James would have had to have fathered Kyrie Irving before the age of 25

https://theundefeated.com/features/clev ... ron-james/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-spotted-in-video-of-steph-curry-mocking-le-1797375207

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Several former members of the organization say Irving's issues aren't with his role but the level of respect shown to him by James and the organization—that he has never been viewed, nor treated, on a comparable level despite establishing himself as an All-Star before James returned to Cleveland.

"LeBron looks at him as a little brother," one former Cavs employee says.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726 ... =editorial

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You want to be on James' level and the best accolade you've got is that you're a one-time All NBA third teamer?

GTFO with that weak shit.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
Several former members of the organization say Irving's issues aren't with his role but the level of respect shown to him by James and the organization—that he has never been viewed, nor treated, on a comparable level despite establishing himself as an All-Star before James returned to Cleveland.

"LeBron looks at him as a little brother," one former Cavs employee says.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726 ... =editorial

You want to be on James' level and the best accolade you've got is that you're a one-time All NBA third teamer?

GTFO with that weak shit.

Agreed. He's fucking insane. LeBron is a once in a generation talent and he's just an all star. Stay in your lane Kyrie.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:24 pm 

Who hit the big shot in Game 7?

Kyrie hit the shot, Love played the d, LeBron just missed a dunk (of course he missed it)

Kyrie is not on LeBron's level, but he is certainly above being treated like a little brother.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Kyrie hit the shot, Love played the d, LeBron just missed a dunk (of course he missed it)

Kyrie is not on LeBron's level, but he is certainly above being treated like a little brother.

We oughta make a rap song about someone joining a thread he took great measures to shit on just a couple weeks ago.

Punk

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

We oughta make a rap song about someone joining a thread he took great measures to shit on just a couple weeks ago.

Punk

Now the thread is decent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

He's like 10 years younger. Of course he's going to be a little brother. He's not on LeBron's level and never will be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

He's like 10 years younger. Of course he's going to be a little brother. He's not on LeBron's level and never will be.

There is a tad bit of truth in what he is saying. He was a two time all star before LeBron rejoined the team. He isn't on Lebron's level as a player and will probably never eclipse him. That doesn't mean that LeBron James should constantly shit on him or other teammates either.

His constant calls for help are annoying as hell. The Cavaliers have constructed their team in the way that he wanted it constructed for 3 years now. If it doesn't work then it's on him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

There is a tad bit of truth in what he is saying. He was a two time all star before LeBron rejoined the team. He isn't on Lebron's level as a player and will probably never eclipse him. That doesn't mean that LeBron James should constantly shit on him or other teammates either.

His constant calls for help are annoying as hell. The Cavaliers have constructed their team in the way that he wanted it constructed for 3 years now. If it doesn't work then it's on him.

It has worked and worked well. In fact that only reason Kyrie Irving is as marketable as he is right now is because of LBJ. Without LBJ he'd be just another talented guy who plays on bad teams. Kyrie Irving should humble himself before the King

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:12 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Punk

I took the lil bro thing as innocuous. LBJ's got age, wisdom, and experience. That makes him the elder. Does Kyrie think he has that now? He's even more delusional than I thought.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:13 pm 

Lebron's a bitch. He's lucky he's had alphas like Wade and Kyrie to take the big shots for him down the stretch.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kyrie is being a little bitch. LeBron has earned the right to be as demanding as he wants to be. Not long ago Kyrie was in awe of playing the Bulls on national television. He needs to have some fucking respect and stop being a brat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Punk

I took the lil bro thing as innocuous. LBJ's got age, wisdom, and experience. That makes him the elder. Does Kyrie think he has that now? He's even more delusional than I thought.

Flat Earth!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kyrie is being a little bitch. LeBron has earned the right to be as demanding as he wants to be. Not long ago Kyrie was in awe of playing the Bulls on national television. He needs to have some fucking respect and stop being a brat.

He doesn't want to feel like Lebron's bitch anymore. LeBron James is a glorified ringchaser and has been that for 7 years now. When they win it's about his legacy and when they lose he needs better teammates. He is the almighty arbiter of who wins and loses basketball games. Irving never signed up for this either. He wants out and wishes to blaze his own trail. May not work and probably will be a career killer in terms of public opinion but he is willing to do it obviously.

LeBron James walks out the door next year and Cleveland is stuck with a worse team than any of the ones that he'd be traded to. That also has to be considered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ltg spot on

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Lebron's a bitch. He's lucky he's had alphas like Wade and Kyrie to take the big shots for him down the stretch.

Yep

Also Wade and Irving didnt have to run to a super team

Irvingis the longer tenured employee and LeBron should respect that

Kyrie was Ballin for Cleveland while LeBron was having his "college experience" in Miami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:01 pm 

If LeBron James cared about Cleveland then he would do what Paul George and others previously have done. Tell them that he plans to leave at the end of the year and wave his no trade clause. That will allow them to trade him and acquire assets for the future. Instead he has held them hostage since he has been back. Either make the moves that I want made or I will leave you high and dry. LeBron supporters are cool with that because he is "LeBron James damnit". That has meant overpaying players, firing the coach he didn't want and hiring the guy that he did want. Now he is tweeting about a guy "riding his wave" and people wonder why said guy wants out. This has been the dudes attitude all along and it's the same shit that Riley had tired of also.

If LeBron is the helluva stud that everyone keeps claiming that he is then it shouldn't matter who he plays with. Cleveland should make the best trade that they can make alas Garpax with Butler, and get rid of the malcontent.

Since having LeBron ensures your team of a trip to the Finals then it really shouldn't matter who his teammates are should it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland shit. He's brought them a championship and made the city a billion dollars.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland shit. He's brought them a championship and made the city a billion dollars.

Cleveland doesn't owe him shit either. He is a basketball player not god. For what's it is worth Irving hit the biggest shot of the series not James.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:07 pm 

I'd say LeBron owes Kyrie more than the other way around. If Kyrie doesn't play at a superhuman level in that series AND hit the game winning three, Lebron is 0-3 in his return to Cleveland and has way more pressure to stay there after this season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Cleveland doesn't owe him shit either. He is a basketball player not god.

Exactly. Veganfan and Nas need some perspective. He's not even the best basketball player of our lifetimes either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Cleveland doesn't owe him shit either. He is a basketball player not god. For what's it is worth Irving hit the biggest shot of the series not James.

They owe him some fucking respect and gratitude. They're no longer losers because of him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They owe him some fucking respect and gratitude. They're no longer losers because of him.

C'mon. They're still losers. Joakim Noah said it best

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They were on they're way to being a good team without him. Probably not champions but playoff team for sure. Tim Duncan won five championships and for my money was a better player than James and has never pulled the shit that he does. You never heard about him demanding coaches and players be traded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They were on they're way to being a good team without him. Probably not champions but playoff team for sure. Tim Duncan won five championships and for my money was a better player than James and has never pulled the shit that he does. You never heard about him demanding coaches and players be traded.

They were a perennial lottery team and Kyrie couldn't carry his luggage let alone the team. Tim Duncan flirted with Orlando. He didn't have the power LeBron had either. LeBron has been the best player in the world for damn near a decade and a proven winner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next