It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Don Tiny wrote:
[

People who haughtily declare that the Civil War had little or nothing to do with slavery as though it's some ignored, almost Gnostic fact that only they and a privileged subset of society are really 'in the know' about, should be lit on fire whilst these and other excerpts are read aloud, illuminated by the light of immolated idiots. Bonus points for wrapping them in a Confederate flag beforehand.

:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
FF just dropped something akin to a racist person saying: "I'm not racist, I once had a black person over to my house for dinner"

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Bo and Luke say Fuck you if you don't love the General.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
FavreFan wrote:
People are protesting a work of art before even seeing the finished product. The Regressive Left strikes again. All this type of shit does is alienate reasonable people from your cause.

I'd like to think this is just a small number of oversensitive crybabies but no, this was the number one thing trending on Twitter last night. Shameful.

Just like the Jesus people and The Last Temptation of Christ! Fuckin' Regressive Left....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
...and the myth that the South's main motivation for secession was due to slavery.

This is good trolling. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:24 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think the modern Southerner sees the Confederate statues and/or battle flag as a celebration of those who specifically fought to maintain slavery. I believe they see that crap as part of some heritage that they feel is worth honoring. But that's just dunderheaded. Those things can't really be separated. Still, I don't think it's evil in the way a guy with a Nazi flag hanging on the wall in his basement is evil. That guy is flying that flag for an obvious and specific purpose and it ain't good. The Confederate bullshit is more like the hijab. Just ignorance regarding what it really means.

I think that we can agree to disagree on a variety of the points you assert here

I'd have to agree with JORR for the most part, but wouldn't deny that there is a subset of the southern culture that still would celebrate those who fought to maintain slavery.

For a full century after the ass kicking Southerners have been the primary proponents of the empty claim that the War Between the States wasn't about slavery.

It's been in their approved textbooks since the 30s and only over the last 25 years have others taken it even mildly serious

And Jim Crow laws had nothing to do with race....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5