It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 am 

neither of you comprehended what i said.

there are no statues of nazis in germany. and where were the german citizen attempts for a push for civil war? i mean, in which germany went into a civil war to free those in concentration camps? whatever "opposition" there was certainly wasn't enough to make a difference. that should be pretty obvious.

they don't revere that period in history. there are still monuments and plantations down south that do honor confederates. they want nothing to do with it in the sense that they don't hold it to a high regard.

and of course japan isn't interested in discussing that period. they nearly got wiped off the map.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Just to add a bit here. It is actually illegal in Germany to have propaganda, promote or otherwise support/espouse anything Nazi in Germany.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't think the modern Southerner sees the Confederate statues and/or battle flag as a celebration of those who specifically fought to maintain slavery. I believe they see that crap as part of some heritage that they feel is worth honoring. But that's just dunderheaded. Those things can't really be separated. Still, I don't think it's evil in the way a guy with a Nazi flag hanging on the wall in his basement is evil. That guy is flying that flag for an obvious and specific purpose and it ain't good. The Confederate bullshit is more like the hijab. Just ignorance regarding what it really means.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
why do posters like FF and JLN search out for people to be mad at who are mad about things?

Search out? This has been a pretty big news story covered by pretty much every major media outlet. I'm sorry you live under a rock

I don't use Twitter but I didn't know about this until I read your post.

Same.

FF is an Entertainment magazine junky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:12 am 

IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
why do posters like FF and JLN search out for people to be mad at who are mad about things?

Search out? This has been a pretty big news story covered by pretty much every major media outlet. I'm sorry you live under a rock

I don't use Twitter but I didn't know about this until I read your post.

Same.

FF is an Entertainment magazine junky.

Comic Con is a national political convention for FavreFan.

"I agree with Mr. Darth Nihilus, the gentleman from California. The Walking Dead ending a season by not showing us who Negan killed was cruel and unusual. It should be outlawed"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:

Honestly, RR you crack me up with your sense of humor so many times but I have to assume at this point you're retarded or your Dad/Grandfather were retarded.

Learn actual history, you fucking idiots :lol:

This is twice you've tried to talk spicy, but once again it's little more than your usual crap out of your ignorant ass. Unfunny and as useless as you and your posting history.

Whatever you think your board shtick is, please understand that it isn't working, as usual. I didn't bother responding to you before in the same vein that most don't bother to respond to yapping little dogs emboldened by a locked fence. But keep trying little guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think the modern Southerner sees the Confederate statues and/or battle flag as a celebration of those who specifically fought to maintain slavery. I believe they see that crap as part of some heritage that they feel is worth honoring. But that's just dunderheaded. Those things can't really be separated. Still, I don't think it's evil in the way a guy with a Nazi flag hanging on the wall in his basement is evil. That guy is flying that flag for an obvious and specific purpose and it ain't good. The Confederate bullshit is more like the hijab. Just ignorance regarding what it really means.

Yikes!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think that we can agree to disagree on a variety of the points you assert here

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think that we can agree to disagree on a variety of the points you assert here

I'd have to agree with JORR for the most part, but wouldn't deny that there is a subset of the southern culture that still would celebrate those who fought to maintain slavery.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:12 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'd have to agree with JORR for the most part, but wouldn't deny that there is a subset of the southern culture that still would celebrate those who fought to maintain slavery.

For a full century after the ass kicking Southerners have been the primary proponents of the empty claim that the War Between the States wasn't about slavery.

It's been in their approved textbooks since the 30s and only over the last 25 years have others taken it even mildly serious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

For a full century after the ass kicking Southerners have been the primary proponents of the empty claim that the War Between the States wasn't about slavery.

It's been in their approved textbooks since the 30s and only over the last 25 years have others taken it even mildly serious

You mean the War of Northern Aggression.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm strictly talking about the symbols. I would say Nazi imagery is more analagous to a KKK hood than the stupid rebel flag.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
There ain't nothin stupid bout the Stars and Bars, Yankee!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's pretty complex...the Confederate flag, that is....especially since so many non-Southerners have taken it in as one of the markers of their identity. Weird. It seems to me that the South, and now the Midwest (outside the large cities), is home to lots of resentment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Why would SJW's be mad at this? This show will be right up their alley. It will be about how evil white people are and the myth that the South's main motivation for secession was due to slavery.

Yeah, that's gonna be a hard one to support, at least with a rational use of evidence, though Andrew Napolitano from Fox News says that Abraham Lincoln more or less goaded the South into starting it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's pretty complex...the Confederate flag, that is....especially since so many non-Southerners have taken it in as one of the markers of their identity. Weird. It seems to me that the South, and now the Midwest (outside the large cities), is home to lots of resentment.

It's funny that this thread is going and I noticed one of my friends posted a picture of his garage/motorcycle on Facebook. There's a big ass rebel flag on the wall in there. The thing is, I know this guy isn't a racist. What he thinks that flag is about, I'm not sure. I guess he thinks it represents general rebellion or him imagining himself an outsider or whatever. I never beef on anyone on Facebook- that's why i come here- so I'm not gonna say, "Hey dumbshit, why the fuck are you flying that idiot flag?" But I will think that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's funny that this thread is going and I noticed one of my friends posted a picture of his garage/motorcycle on Facebook. There's a big ass rebel flag on the wall in there. The thing is, I know this guy isn't a racist. What he thinks that flag is about, I'm not sure. I guess he thinks it represents general rebellion or him imagining himself an outsider or whatever. I never beef on anyone on Facebook- that's why i come here- so I'm not gonna say, "Hey dumbshit, why the fuck are you flying that idiot flag?" But I will think that.

I'll tell him. Link me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think anyone who flies the confederate flag is at least a little racist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think so, but I'm not going to defend a moron who wears it on a t-shirt or hangs it in his garage either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Maybe. I don't know. But they sure as shit leave themselves open to all sorts of criticisms.

I know people try to say that it represents class and region (and other things--that outsiderness JORR speaks of), and it does, but it's hard to take the racial aspect out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
100% a sign of racism if you brandish that flag in the north.

99% if you fly it in the south.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
:lol: this whole thread. Literally every single post of it save three or four, who are also laughing at how ludicrous this is.

How much more dramatic can you be than this:

Quote:

brandish
Get the fuck out of here...you cant be serious.

If you let some stars and bars offend you then you just aren't cut out for this world. Like the rest of the snowflakes and professional complainers you need to stay in your academia safe space insulated from the rest of the world. Go get your handout degree in Alternative African Studies and then debate about who invented the traffic signal.

Quote:
but it's hard to take the racial aspect out of it.

Its actually really easy. Painfully easy. You know the swatztika has been around forever right? Still in use today in parts of the world and it doesn't mean what you think. The issue is not with the symbol, its with your inherent faggy disposition that has to go searching for "problematic" things to whine about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 pm 

America wrote:
:lol: this whole thread. Literally every single post of it save three or four, who are also laughing at how ludicrous this is.

Quote:

brandish

If you let some stars and bars offend you then you just aren't cut out for this world. Like the rest of the snowflakes and professional complainers you need to stay in your academia safe space insulated from the rest of the world. Go get your handout degree in Alternative African Studies and then debate about who invented the traffic signal.

Quote:

Its actually really easy. Painfully easy. You know the swatztika has been around forever right? Still in use today in parts of the world and it doesn't mean what you think. The issue is not with the symbol, its with your inherent faggy disposition that has to go searching for "problematic" things to whine about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 pm 

The best part of America's post about whining and complaining is that he actually is the one whining and complaining.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:08 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
The best part of America's post about whining and complaining is that he actually is the one whining and complaining.

Poor snowflake should step away from his computer and find a safe space.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

how specifically

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:12 pm 

America wrote:

Quote:

brandish

Quote:

Give me a quick and concise description of why the Confederate flag is still used and why no other symbol would suffice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Quote:

brandish

Quote:

Give me a quick and concise description of why the Confederate flag is still used and why no other symbol would suffice.

And do tell where in the developed world the swastika is in use for a different meaning than the Bannon types intend.

Or why the hilarious need to reference a degree in African studies in a post and thread where it's completely irrelevant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Quote:

brandish

Quote:

Give me a quick and concise description of why a flag triggers you so hard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Was this always an issue? I don't own or otherwise support or need the stars and bars but also don't recall people trying to get Dukes of Hazard off the air.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next