It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pardon My Take Podcasts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
My friends, Ogie Oglethorpe has lied to us. This podcast sucks. I listened to the first 26 minutes of the 8/3 show and it sucked. I'm drunk and playing Civ 6 and looking for background noise. Not exactly a high bar, and yet Ogie's guys couldn't clear it. I demand a refund

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:24 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
My friends, Ogie Oglethorpe has lied to us. This podcast sucks. I listened to the first 26 minutes of the 8/3 show and it sucked. I'm drunk and playing Civ 6 and looking for background noise. Not exactly a high bar, and yet Ogie's guys couldn't clear it. I demand a refund

#That'sFF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ogie wins this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I listened to the Dan Haren episode. Didn't think it was remotely entertaining. Did I listen to a lemon?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FavreFan wrote:

Friday wasn't their best episode.

The Kevin Millar episode? That was a good interview. Perhaps go back to the middle of last month for their AJ Pierzynski interview. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by that one.

Let's be honest though, even the occasional bad PMT episode (probably about 10-15% of them) is better than the best thing 670 has done over the last year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The PMT pods are Ogie's caveman diet .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
been listening for about a month, its better than NBAB&G for my drive home, it's not exceptional every podcast. his WMVP weekly hit is really weird radio because they pretty much spend 50% of the time sumarizing what happened recently on the podcast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
billypootons wrote:
been listening for about a month, its better than NBAB&G for my drive home, it's not exceptional every podcast. his WMVP weekly hit is really weird radio because they pretty much spend 50% of the time sumarizing what happened recently on the podcast

Weird that a radio station would be spending so much time talking up another company's audio content on a different platform, where WMVP's podcasts would technically be competing.

Parkins didn't want to tweet out the episode of my podcast he did while he was on the air, which is completely reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Weird that a radio station would be spending so much time talking up another company's audio content on a different platform, where WMVP's podcasts would technically be competing.

Parkins didn't want to tweet out the episode of my podcast he did while he was on the air, which is completely reasonable to me.

To be fair this week, they were recapping them BigCat and PFT's visit to an ESPN show so I guess they could justify it as promoting Intentional Talk.

Beside, W&S are fine with it as I'm sure Big Cat tweeting out the link every week draws new listeners. He's also doing a future remote broadcast with W&S

From a marketing stand point, both entities benefit. ESPN 1000 is being exposed to a younger generation who may otherwise not bother with traditonal sports talk radio. PMT is then also being introduced to a subset who may not have normally sought them out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
I've listened to a few of them. I've wanted to listen more, but haven't had the opportunity. They did one with Scott Van Pelt right after the Masters and it was really good. Like any interview, I'm sure a lot depends on the guest. Dan Haren might not be super interesting?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I listened to one a couple of weeks ago and it was bad.

I did not know who Big Cat was until he joined Waddle and Silvy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:29 am 

Pmt is good when they have high profile guests. They do a great job humanizing celebrities in real time

Otherwise their shtick gets old after ahwile. But it's still better than 670thewhore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
its very much guest dependent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 am 

hnd wrote:
That's a sign something isn't very good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
hnd wrote:

ya, the interviews are hit or miss.

i like their segments/bits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:44 am 

So this show is basically the Jay Leno of sports podcasts? People tune in for the guests.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
hnd wrote:
That's a sign something isn't very good.

i follow the barstool guys on twitter and ultimately big cat is the only one thats marginally entertaining. the rest of these guys are dude bros who don't bring much to the table.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Their schtick has gotten stale. The whole "hot take for the sake of being extreme" concept was funny for about three months.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Their schtick has gotten stale. The whole "hot take for the sake of being extreme" concept was funny for about three months.

the show isn't that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

the show isn't that.

They really make fun of and roast the types who do that.

I was late listening to this week's shows as I was so busy with work. Their show Wednesday demonstrated a great way to mix a political dig with sports talk. They were talking about the Politico story of how aids bring Trump a 2x a day portfolio of still shots from cable news and tweets praising him. They suggested doing that for struggling kickers. It was a hilarious segment.

Take note 670, it's possible to have funny sports talk and mix politics in with it if you do it right.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
The KFC radio does some funny stuff, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

the show isn't that.

I was late listening to this week's shows as I was so busy with work. Their show Wednesday demonstrated a great way to mix a political dig with sports talk. They were talking about the Politico story of how aids bring Trump a 2x a day portfolio of still shots from cable news and tweets praising him. They suggested doing that for struggling kickers. It was a hilarious segment.

Take note 670, it's possible to have funny sports talk and mix politics in with it if you do it right.

They've transitioned, I'll give them that much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:02 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

the show isn't that.

They've transitioned, I'll give them that much.

The primary target of that segment re kickers needing a propaganda folder, Roberto Aguayo. Big Cat is crying over the fact the Bears picked him up. :lol: